The Eagles have been crowned!

blueblood70

Reaction score
are we allowed to shame them before putting on "ignore"???.....
you do what you wish i have to keep calm and not get benched i have quick IGNORE now..i might have ,limit and not sure how many more i can add. I bet my list is the largest

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes, they closed the gap. They better have with all of the moves they made.

Are they a better team than us though? That is the question.

I still see our defense owning them. We need all our pieces back on offense and I will feel confident in beating this team home or away.
the games will be actually competitive now, sure. Better than us that proven on the field last year they weren't even close to competing with our healthy team.

GMO415

Reaction score
I respect the way the Eagles GM operates. He isn't afraid of shaking things up and is continuously looking to improve the team.

I understand we don't like the Eagles, but every one of us should be a little jealous of how that organization is run.
So spending a decade on developing a HC who nobody else wanted wasn't a good idea? Shocker.

Ken

Reaction score
He made moves even when he didn't have a QB on a rookie deal.

They were in cap hell just a couple years ago and tied to an inflated contract for an underperforming QB.

Now? They've moved on from the QB and have manufactured cap flexibility.

The Eagles' roster decisions are, in nearly every way, superior to the Cowboys.
The Eagle's roster decisions are not all better than Dallas's.

The reason they have had to add all of these guys is because they can't draft to save their lives. The smart football move was to draft Treylon Burkes instead of trading the pick for a quasi #1 and a huge contract, IMO.

Sure, it may take Treylon half the season to get it but he is long-term at that point. You don't take a run stopper DT at 13 either.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
The Commanders who just lost to the Lions who lost to...who was it?

Games in the NFL don't always work like that though. And as I said before you can never always predict how games will turn out on the NFC East. Could the Eagles beat the Commanders? Sure. But if the Commanders find a way to win, it wouldn't be the most shocking upset in this NFL early season, because of how match ups can go within the division sometimes.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
No, but they are favorites to win our division. Probably only a few homers that don’t recognize that.
I just don’t see them as good as they are made out to be. They might win the East because of our injuries/schedule but we will be the better team come playoff time. Our defense is top 5 and when Dak is healthy along with Gallup and Lamb the offense will be good enough. Just watch.

ESisback

Reaction score
The Eagles look really good. They may BE the best in the NFCE. They may win the division. It’s gotta happen sometime. But the talking heads are DESPERATE for a rating$-fueling nemesis for those evil Dallas Cowboys. The demo of ABD’s is HUGE, and they must be appeased. The haters want/need drama and salacious gossip. They need controversy and they need to gloat.

Sydla

Reaction score
Hopefully they use their picks like they did this year.

Draft an overrated DT and then turn around a flip one for a quasi #1 wr that you have to overpay.

AJ Brown is a legit #1 WR. He, alone, makes Hurts and that offense better.

HungryLion

Reaction score
The eagles look better than the cowboys and I believe they are and will be.

That being said. I am seeing a lot of eagles fans already discussing #1 seed which is why premature and quite frankly makes me sick just thinking about it.

erod

Reaction score
It's September. Teams haven't found their rhythm at the same time yet. Injuries haven't kicked in yet. Game film is just getting scoured.

Usually, Dallas is the September champion. Philly is now.

But like every year, football doesn't start until mid-November. That's when the real teams show themselves.

Sydla

Reaction score
I respect the way the Eagles GM operates. He isn't afraid of shaking things up and is continuously looking to improve the team.

I understand we don't like the Eagles, but every one of us should be a little jealous of how that organization is run.

EAGLES FAN RIGHT HERE ^^^^^^^^^^^

Right, balto?

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score

You also never hear a peep from their owner on football matters. I think we forget just how bizarre it is that we have to listen to Jerry's constant ramblings, and that it's not like that for other fan bases.

GORICO

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
you do what you wish i have to keep calm and not get benched i have quick IGNORE now..i might have ,limit and not sure how many more i can add. I bet my list is the largest

blue---i think you are right....i dont want to be put on timeout or banned

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Great points.
Howie, you love him you hate him. He drafted the wrong QB & wrong WR but made up from those mistakes instead of dwelling on it.
He cut Wentz and took the largest cap hit in NFL history. What would our management do?
They drafted Jalen Hurts in the 2nd round and has been starting for a couple of years now. AJ Brown has been a revelation for that team.
You miss every shot you don't take. Signing FA's and making trades is something that every team should be doing. They will not all work out, but it gives you an outsized chance to improve the team.
He's a GM who's had truly spectacular lows and highs, but you have to give him credit for taking steps to build a better team. On balance he's clearly made more good decisions than bad, but he's had some awful drafts.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eagle's roster decisions are not all better than Dallas's.

The reason they have had to add all of these guys is because they can't draft to save their lives. The smart football move was to draft Treylon Burkes instead of trading the pick for a quasi #1 and a huge contract, IMO.

Sure, it may take Treylon half the season to get it but he is long-term at that point. You don't take a run stopper DT at 13 either.

LOL at comparing Burks to AJ Brown.

Come on dude. The Eagles needed an instant impact high ceiling WR. That's Brown. That's not Burks. If you want to question taking Davis, that's fair. But saying they should have taken Burks over Brown is kind of laughable.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
The eagles look better than the cowboys and I believe they are and will be.

That being said. I am seeing a lot of eagles fans already discussing #1 seed which is why premature and quite frankly makes me sick just thinking about it.

Like this?

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Why not just say "Please tell me the Eagles aren't very good to make me feel better" instead of beating around the bush? lol
They were good last year when many tried to discredit us for beating them. But that's another thread for another day