The Eagles have better WR's than us?

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Has the hype on Nelson Agholar really gotten that big? Seems like he's been a huge let down to me.

superonyx

Reaction score
It's the Eagles. Desean Jackson and Randall Cobb's best days are behind them, but Desean was just down right better with Jameis Winston as opposed to Aaron Rogers. Michael Gallup may have a ton of upside, but Alshon Jeffery has actually produced at a high level. I think we'd all be quite happy if Gallup put up 800 yards and 6 TDs this year, which is what Jeffery did last year.

Now Nelson Agolor is not in Cooper's league, but it's hard to say that equals out the other two, which aren't really close.

And this doesn't even factor in TEs...
Interesting the guys you choose to match up for comparison sake.

Wouldnt you take and matchup #1 vs #1?
This would be Cooper vs Alshon where Cooper is clearly better.
Nelson Agolor is a slot WR most of the time so he is matched up with out slot WR which is Cobb and Tavon Austin. I would call this a draw. Wentz only throws to the center of the field so TE's and Slots get a good amount of action with Wentz.
Gallup vs Mesean Jackson..... I can't give either guy the edge. I am not a Mesean fan and see him as a 1 dimensional liability that can only do what Wentz struggles with. The long ball. Jameis throws bombs which help Mesean last 2 seasons. Wentz has always struggled with reading defenses down field.

If TE's are a factor then its over. But if we are counting TE's then we need to count RB's out of the backfield right?

At least we can fight over football again and not contracts.

superonyx

Reaction score
I'd trade Jarwin for Goedert right now and not even think twice about it. Shoot, I'd trade Jarwin and a mid round pick for Goedert and giggle the entire time. I think Jarwin can be a decent TE in this league. Goedert could be a star.
Agreed here.
I would trade Connor Williams for Goedert in a heartbeat also.

Goedert will forever be held back because of how good Ertz is. Its kind of a shame for the kids career to have that upside and get drafted to a team that already has the best receiving TE in the league.

Eagles fell in love with hurting us over helping themselves. They have injury proned CB's that can't cover for crap and they went and drafted a TE to sit on the bench.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I would take the Eagles' WR set over the Cowboys because if Wentz is healthy, they will have more of a passing attack. Jackson can still take the top off the secondary and the two WR's are big. The one where this might get in the Cowboy's favor is if Gallup takes the soph step and he could be better than Aglohor, who has never lived up to his hype.

They have a better TE than any Cowboys WR and if Goedert takes his soph step, they could have the new Gronkowski/Hernandez tandem that would make their WR's more dangerous.

superonyx

Reaction score
I agree talent wise it is close and I personally would not entertain trading WR's. Both groups depend on the accurate placement of the pass, and I think ball delivery talent might be more in phillys favor as of early Sept before the first game of the season. I hope Dak puts his issues with ball placement in the rear view mirror.
Ball placement vs ball catch-ability.

Where Wentz throws 100mph lasers to guys 5 yards away from him Dak throws softer more catchable passes.
There is a reason Amari Cooper didnt have the drops once he started playing with Dak. He has said he loves the way Dak delivers the ball.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
You lost me at ESPN. It's nothing more than a propaganda machine that will always promote the iggles over the Cowboys. :espn:

HungryLion

Reaction score
The eagles have had better receivers and tight ends than the cowboys for the past 2 seasons now.

Don’t tell that to the people who want to tout our supporting cast as “the best ever” though.

Ron12

Reaction score
Has the hype on Nelson Agholar really gotten that big? Seems like he's been a huge let down to me.
The Eagle's WR;s are so good they threw to the TE's more then any team in the League last year plus they will be lucky if Wentz makes it a whole season something he has never done . Its why they did not play him in the Preseason its the only thing on their mind !:laugh:

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
We have youth and guys who should get better, eagles have veterans who are working to not lose a step.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Desean Jackson isn't an elite player anymore. Not saying the Eagles don't have a great WR corp, but most commentators are acting like he's the same Desean Jackson from 6 or 8 years ago.

Ron12

Reaction score

Nelson Agolor is a slot WR most of the time so he is matched up with out slot WR which is Cobb and Tavon Austin. I would call this a draw. Wentz only throws to the center of the field so TE's and Slots get a good amount of action with Wentz.
Gallup vs Mesean Jackson..... I can't give either guy the edge. I am not a Mesean fan and see him as a 1 dimensional liability that can only do what Wentz struggles with. The long ball. Jameis throws bombs which help Mesean last 2 seasons. Wentz has always struggled with reading defenses down field.

If TE's are a factor then its over. But if we are counting TE's then we need to count RB's out of the backfield right?

You are 100% right Mesean is only good for the Deep ball & Wentz is not a great deep passer !

Ron12

Reaction score
Desean Jackson isn't an elite player anymore. Not saying the Eagles don't have a great WR corp, but most commentators are acting like he's the same Desean Jackson from 6 or 8 years ago.
Amen he has been hit a lot not the player he was .

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The one thing the Eagles have is more background with the players and team, so it's a little easier to know what the Eagles have with their receivers. The Cowboys still only have 1/2 season with Cooper, 1 season with Gallup, no history at all with Cobb, and very little history with Jarwin, and even Witten is unknown given he had already declined considerably even before he took off a full season.

But I will say I like how our receivers stack up to their's They have to have the clear edge at TE, but otherwise I believe the Cowboys are better.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
I'd trade Jarwin for Goedert right now and not even think twice about it. Shoot, I'd trade Jarwin and a mid round pick for Goedert and giggle the entire time. I think Jarwin can be a decent TE in this league. Goedert could be a star.

Yea, I really wish we took him over Connor Williams. I know that Goedert went one pick prior, just wish he would have been our pick,

I was under the impression that Agoolor was the #1, Alshon was the #2 and Desean Jackson was the #3. Based off production, is that not it? Even if I use your comparisons. Agolor is so much better than Cobb. Desean is still proven to be better than Gallup at this point. And Cooper, while better than Jeffery, isn't really enough to make up for the other 2.

kramskoi

Reaction score
Cobb, Gallup and Coop is one of the best WR trios in the NFL, period. I'd put it up there with Kupp, Woods and Cooks. That's how good I feel about it.
The question for me is can Prescott consistently allow these guys to play on the edge of their abilities. If he can do that then the Dallas offense will be one to fear this year. If he can't...well, there's always "next" year.

John813

Reaction score
I have high hopes for Gallup as soon as this year to really be a player for the Cowboys. But until then, he's largely hype right now with a meh catch completion percentage. Not all on him imo.

I would rank the Eagles slightly above the Cowboys for overall talent, for now.
Cooper is the best of the bunch, but I think Agholor has pulled his career around and has back to back 60+ catch seasons with 12 TDs over the past two years. So, as of now, I rank him over Gallup.

Think Jackson is a smidge better than Cobb too overall.

Macnalty

Reaction score
Ball placement vs ball catch-ability.

Where Wentz throws 100mph lasers to guys 5 yards away from him Dak throws softer more catchable passes.
There is a reason Amari Cooper didnt have the drops once he started playing with Dak. He has said he loves the way Dak delivers the ball.
I agree with velocity for me it is his placement i.e. making sure the WR stays in stride and does not need to reboot his gait. I see it getting better but it has loads of room for improving IMO. After this last knee replacement, along with the other injuries that have occured to Wentz I think we still got the better deal with our fourth rounder. Hoping for the best this season with Dak.