The Egirls are not built for the long haul

exciter

Reaction score
I see this comment in lots of threads. And also they caught lightening in a bottle.

So What!

I want us to catch lightening in a bottle! Then if we miss the playoffs for a few years, so what. I'm focused on winning now. Not building a dynasty.

Sorry for the rant.
Lightening in a bottle is just pure homerism. Their team is about as close to stacked as what your going to find in today's NFL. There is close to a dozen players on that team making contracts between 37 and 100m and are performing to that pay. And thats after releasing Kendricks and curry! Somehow they got Graham for 26. Peters isn't one either. There other starting end was a 1st round pick and is on a rookie contract. Their backup ends in Bennett and Long would be starters on most teams. Darby is a 2nd round pick and Jones was a top 10 talent. Their going to be really good and contenders at least until they have to purge their roster when they have to pay Wentz in 3 years! Then we'll know how good a coach Pederson. As of now a cross eyed monkey should be successful coaching that team.

Billyd

Reaction score
That is what I mean that pretty soon they are going to have let go or renegotiate some of these contracts (Fletcher Cox comes to mind). I was trying to paraphrase an article that I read a few months back. You are right, this front office is not successful in taking players in FA.

YEAH i have made it a point to criticize Stephens Grabass. I HOLD him responsible for 2015 not getting bet vet backup qb, and last season coz his hands are all over (either influence of Jerry) or his own for drafting Chaz Green and futher forcing him down the olines throat by not making him.win the job by competition..Im sure you noticed that mantra being pushed in training camp...Smells of Some management pushback to me..However the same old in not getting FS help and shoring up the oline (All on Stephen as well) seems to still be in play.

This is why i dont put every thing on Garrett..This team is still playtime with two non football punks in charge!

CWR

Reaction score
When your team doesn’t win you have to undermine the team that did. I guess it is a coping strategy.

Or you could do the opposite and suckle their sack.

OR even better you can move forward and neither try to delegitimize or crown them a legacy. Maybe actually just acknowledge they had a good year but only time will tell how things will develop for the next decade. Many a "legacy" has fizzled out into a one hit wonder.

Billyd

Reaction score
Lightening in a bottle is just pure homerism. Their team is about as close to stacked as what your going to find in today's NFL. There is close to a dozen players on that team making contracts between 37 and 100m and are performing to that pay. And thats after releasing Kendricks and curry! Somehow they got Graham for 26. Peters isn't one either. There other starting end was a 1st round pick and is on a rookie contract. Their backup ends in Bennett and Long would be starters on most teams. Darby is a 2nd round pick and Jones was a top 10 talent. Their going to be really good and contenders at least until they have to purge their roster when they have to pay Wentz in 3 years! Then we'll know how good a coach Pederson. As of now a cross eyed monkey should be successful coaching that team.

Bahahahaha bro This is why Howie isnt given the keys too much..Salaries do not determine how much talent their is on a team!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I mean, what else is there left for them to say? Everything I warned them about is coming true.

They will have a decade of dominance because their QB is that good.

Unless, of course, he can't stay healthy. That is our only chance. Otherwise they have their own Aaron Rodgers and they can shuffle the supporting cast and be a legit contender every year.
But yet that QB you speak of did 0 in the playoffs and the Superbowl. Perhaps it's not the QB you love so much but the coaching

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
OR even better you can move forward and neither try to delegitimize or crown them a legacy. Maybe actually just acknowledge they had a good year but only time will tell how things will develop for the next decade. Many a "legacy" has fizzled out into a one hit wonder.
I agree with this but acknowledging they had a good year is chortling their balls to some people. :laugh:

Billyd

Reaction score
HEY i hate Philly, and I will analyze them into the ground. ITS not jealousy either..I think they did a good job last year, what i dont agree with is how some fans think they are loaded with talent..Further i dont think they are as good as they were last year..The proof in my opinion Is Thursday night..

Maybe they Get over the funk offensively but Subtract the players and the Ocord And i think its pretty clear..Those are facts not SB hangover..Be honest with yourself Philly fans..

lukin2006

Reaction score
Wentze next contract will be insane ... that alone will make things challenging. I'm sure Tom Brady is well compensated, but he never lets his contract get in the way of winning. Is Wentze like that? I doubt it...

Billyd

Reaction score
Rational posters? That wasnt on the application!!,lol

I admit ill grind a fan but i try to at least admit the obvious, even to the extent of roasting a wayward cowboy fan..

In this case I see two different dynamics..Last year when the Eagles had a chance to do something in the playoffs, Howie worked tirelessly to shore up weakness and take advantage of their shot..Stephen is Grabbass in that role, Further he seems more of the Fiscal accountant with daddy manipulating him in some cases..I do think he wants to field a team through the draft, he is just not football enough to do it..Even with Clay and Garrets input..My take!

Billyd

Reaction score
Wentze next contract will be insane ... that alone will make things challenging. I'm sure Tom Brady is well compensated, but he never lets his contract get in the way of winning. Is Wentze like that? I doubt it...

We dont know, further we dont know who wentz is yet..Its common for fans to exaggerate the competence of their alleged Franchise qb..Wentz had a good year going till his penchant to take off running showed up, and wound up biting him in the knee..Good qbs use their legs to make plays, not finish runs..I know what some will say, doesnt Dak do that? No he takes off within the scheme of the play or when the play breaks down..He also has the skill to force players to him then throws the ball..

One other note..Sometimes PFFs assessment is pure homerism...How can you anoint an oline who blocks so good they get their QB smashed? SEEMS Hippo to me!! Lol

exciter

Reaction score
Bahahahaha bro This is why Howie isnt given the keys too much..Salaries do not determine how much talent their is on a team!
It does when the players they have paid are performing up to the pay, it's compounded when several other players being drastically underpaid! Most of the ones paid are top 5 at their position and they moved the only one who wasn't in Curry!