The Egirls are not built for the long haul

Billyd

Reaction score
I think you are belaboring a side of football without the global picture..Are the lbrs as good as last year? Is the secondary as good as last year?

Dont get caught up on the dline..Yes its the Eagles strength, doesnt make them more talented than last year!

Billyd

Reaction score
ON THAT point about the Cowboys..He is right.The Cowboys are still a few players away from competing for a sb..I think you have to accept that..

Doesnt mean they shouldnt try to qualify for the playoffs and see where it goes..A realist should be able to see the truth about your own team as well as others..

waving monkey

Reaction score
With what depth? Even if we stay healthy I wouldnt expect to make the playoffs.
[We arent built for how long haul at all so we cant point fingers lol]

we are building for the long haul through the draft [that is actually what we are doing]
we're the third youngest team in the NFL

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
Well they are in a unique situation. Because they have a rookie quarterback getting a rookie salary that affords them the ability to invest more in the roster around him than most teams that don't have their starting quarterback on rookie contracts.

It's why they stacked a lot of veteran players on their roster last year on one-year contracts.

That window is closing after this year, and Carson Wentz could eat up well over 20 million of that salary-cap space that means more cuts and less talent.

We are in the same situation with Prescott, but not for long.
Not in the same situation, teams that draft players in the 1st round have the 5th year option, the cowboys don't have that right with dak.

Billyd

Reaction score
[We arent built for how long haul at all so we cant point fingers lol]

we are building for the long haul through the draft [that is actually what we are doing]
we're the third youngest team in the NFL

WAVING Monkey Is right but I still think We should be able to Build it faster..problem with Stephens or JJs plan is they get influenced by either media or media perception instead of sticking with a plan or a sound plan

Example The number 1pick this year. Maybe this resolves lbr depth this year or maybe you just wasted a number 1 pick trying to make a splash with the draft in your house...Just a thought!

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
Yes, and when fans say they may be better this year, i just cant..

1. Five players in the draft...I think most after the forth?
2. Anybody worried about Dallas Goedert?
3. LOSS of Blount, Other tightend, Several other starters,
4. To believe Wentz will just shrug off a rebuild of his knee, so that he will be taking off every other series is naive at best, and that is not counting the Psycological questions he has in his mind after Foles closed it for him..
5. Although i think Jay and the other back can run some, they are no where near as automatic as Bount was..
6. Can you say Frank Reich?

NOW, I respect the Eagles, wait no I dont!!

Seriously, u talk draft and not free agents or trades (nagata, wallace, bennett all upgrades), goedert is better than burton or your starting te and he's our backup,, our backfield is better than yours, foles is better than dak, reich, c'mon?

Billyd

Reaction score
Back to the post, Last year worked out for the Eagles...My question would seem logical..If it was that easy, why havent they done this before, and why will it affect them adversely this next season?

THE answer is simple..Everything went right last year, most of the time it doesnt.. Further they knew it was going to cause issues, they did it anyway. If you go all in and it works out, it doesnt make you the smartest front office, it makes you the riskiest..

JJ and Stephen have already tried that..Stephen is not Good at that..JJ thinks he is coz he hit on Jimmy..That hasnt happened since..

waving monkey

Reaction score
WAVING Monkey Is right but I still think We should be able to Build it faster..problem with Stephens or JJs plan is they get influenced by either media or media perception instead of sticking with a plan or a sound plan

Example The number 1pick this year. Maybe this resolves lbr depth this year or maybe you just wasted a number 1 pick trying to make a splash with the draft in your house...Just a thought!

Thats the fly in the ointment [ time]
The LVE pick was over kill maybe. The way the defense fall apart last year when Lee went down scared the FO to over correct.
But then they grabbed some LB FA that turned out damn good.
LVE will be good and Lee may not last much longer and LVE will be ready.

Billyd

Reaction score
Seriously, u talk draft and not free agents or trades (nagata, wallace, bennett all upgrades), goedert is better than burton or your starting te and he's our backup,, our backfield is better than yours, foles is better than dak, reich, c'mon?
REALLY what did Goedert do against Atlanta the other night?

MAYBE he gets better but I saw a rookie Tight end get influenced oob on a pass..That is not a good example.

Billyd

Reaction score
BAHAHAHA..Now its who has better toys..

The Cowboys backs are better. PERIOD..Foles..Really? SO six games makes Foles better than Dak?

WENTZ is not as good as Dak on the WL alone..

Id Say you are simply wrong about that. But Overconfident Philly Fans are common..

Billyd

Reaction score
Thats the fly in the ointment [ time]
The LVE pick was over kill maybe. The way the defense fall apart last year when Lee went down scared the FO to over correct.
But then they grabbed some LB FA that turned out damn good.
LVE will be good and Lee may not last much longer and LVE will be ready.

I hope so but you didnt think about who you could have had there..You never make picks based on opinions outside of your organization..

Further you know that opinion seemed logical, and probly was used to sell taking LVE, ask yourself a question, If a first round pick should be starting for you, or receiving significant snaps, And Lve cant beat either Lee or Smith in competition is that a wise draft pick?

Billyd

Reaction score
MONKEY im with you to a degree...Hopefully LVE MAKES us rue this statement, but I saw a silly move there, along with that picture they took of all of them in happy solidarity in the draft room after before or whenever told me they were more worried about perception, and their egos..

I despise Stephen and Jerry... Those two really must not have had much teat when they were kids..

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I see this comment in lots of threads. And also they caught lightening in a bottle.

So What!

I want us to catch lightening in a bottle! Then if we miss the playoffs for a few years, so what. I'm focused on winning now. Not building a dynasty.

Sorry for the rant.

There is always that emotional, clueless, homer contingent that cant help themselves. I have actually developed an amount of respect for Eagles fans. They would never let some clappy clown like Garrett in Philly for more that a year or two. They would run him out of town. Here in Dallas you still have a few pathetic types claiming he is a good coach.

SoBlue128

Reaction score
Back to the post, Last year worked out for the Eagles...My question would seem logical..If it was that easy, why havent they done this before, and why will it affect them adversely this next season?

THE answer is simple..Everything went right last year, most of the time it doesnt.. Further they knew it was going to cause issues, they did it anyway. If you go all in and it works out, it doesnt make you the smartest front office, it makes you the riskiest..

JJ and Stephen have already tried that..Stephen is not Good at that..JJ thinks he is coz he hit on Jimmy..That hasnt happened since..

I called it the Midas touch, didn’t matter what happened, the clouds disappeared and the sun always seemed to shine. That doesn’t happen but it did last year. Now I’m not saying they aren’t good or that they aren’t better than the Cowboys but everything worked out the right way for them. Will it happen again in that way, doubtful but that’s not to say they won’t get to the big dance just not like they did last year.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I hate the eagles as much as the next guy but it's funny how some of you try to de-legitimize their championship as a fluke. I told you all before and after Wentz got hurt the eagles were a serious threat to win it all. And they may be even better this season.

Exactly.......when you have a young QB still on his rookie deal and already rated in the top 8, you're at min halfway there. IN the Eagles case their D and OL are legit. In fact, IMO they're only a franchise RB from being completely set. It's why I said in another thread if I was their GM, I'd go hard after Steeler's RB Bell.

Billyd

Reaction score
Odds are against them, Truth is the players are against them I dont really see a better offense, I see a much worse one..With the leaving of Blount, That tight end who at least knew how to block, Their Ocord, and of course the rook tightend who I think and it showed gonna struggle..Now Old Jeffries is out 4 games..And the biggest mother of all...Thinking Wentz is going to step in whenever and make everything peaches and cream, not accounting for potential loss of mobility or recovery issues is freaking naive..Further Who knows when Wentz will return..

I kinda Enjoy this kind of crap really..Nothing like making overconfident Philly fans eat cocca!

dreameaglegreen

Reaction score
HEY i hate Philly, and I will analyze them into the ground. ITS not jealousy either..I think they did a good job last year, what i dont agree with is how some fans think they are loaded with talent..Further i dont think they are as good as they were last year..The proof in my opinion Is Thursday night..

Maybe they Get over the funk offensively but Subtract the players and the Ocord And i think its pretty clear..Those are facts not SB hangover..Be honest with yourself Philly fans..
Defense looked much better (still missing 2 starters) and we didn't have our no. 1 receiver, facts.

Or our qb, kinda big deal

waving monkey

Reaction score
MONKEY im with you to a degree...Hopefully LVE MAKES us rue this statement, but I saw a silly move there, along with that picture they took of all of them in happy solidarity in the draft room after before or whenever told me they were more worried about perception, and their egos..

I despise Stephen and Jerry... Those two really must not have had much teat when they were kids..

I would have liked several players in the first round. but to move up [at what cost] to get Derwin James would have cost us one of our top three players in the draft and that we needed badly.
The fifth round is where I shock my head

Billyd

Reaction score
I Dont really see how this is deligitamizing anything..For instance Lombardis never expire..We kinda know a thing or five about that..

No I kinda put this in the respect angst category. AS in you philly fans expect it, and we aint giving it..

If this seems unreasonable maybe you should reflect on any perceived respect you would not have given to Cowboy fans in the past...Stop whinning its a bad look on Philly fans..Ugly...Whew!!

Last edited:

Billyd

Reaction score
I would have liked several players in the first round. but to move up [at what cost] to get Derwin James would have cost us one of our top three players in the draft and that we needed badly.
The fifth round is where I shock my head

No kidding..Although That guard The giants took Hernandez...A fs @ Where we took shultzy might have been nice. YES i agree in the fifth there were 1 techs to be had..