The Elite QB Farce

keysersoze

Reaction score
A lot of fans inexplicably hated Romo as well.

Haters gonna hate
Come on now. Let’s be real. Romo caused a lot of last second heartbreak. About 10 years worth. Ya know? And you are a perfect example of one of the many readers Dak is hated. Some people really worshipped Romo. I guess because he was the first decent quarterback since Aikman. But he was no hero like you all paint him to be.

Praxit

Reaction score
.. I always remember Jim Plunkett, Eli and Brad Johnson. Just above avg Joe's, but good enough to carry the team. They all had good defense's for support.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Nobody has shown the gifts Mahomes has. He’s the Magic Johnson of NFL quarterbacks. So your point is?

I thought my point was pretty clear.
OP said having Mahomes or one of those other guys wouldn't have made a difference this year.

I said if we had Mahomes, we probably win 11, maybe 12 games instead of 8 and we're hosting a playoff game.
You seem to agree with me, based on your statement about Mahomes here, so why are you arguing with me?
Try and keep up bro.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I thought my point was pretty clear.
OP said having Mahomes or one of those other guys wouldn't have made a difference this year.

I said if we had Mahomes, we probably win 11, maybe 12 games instead of 8 and we're hosting a playoff game.
You seem to agree with me, based on your statement about Mahomes here, so why are you arguing with me?
Try and keep up bro.
Because having Mahomes may not have compensated for the bad coaching and schematics.

Jake0

Reaction score
What you need is a Tom Brady that is the GOAT but also doesn't care about money because he has a supermodel wife that makes more money than him so he doesn't take up half your cap space.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Come on now. Let’s be real. Romo caused a lot of last second heartbreak. About 10 years worth. Ya know? And you are a perfect example of one of the many readers Dak is hated. Some people really worshipped Romo. I guess because he was the first decent quarterback since Aikman. But he was no hero like you all paint him to be.
I think you have me confused with some of the other posters who you paint with that broad brush of yours.

Im new but I’ve noticed that already :rolleyes:

If you check my post history you’ll find that I’ve been defending Dak. Im a fan and think the ideas about flushing him and starting over are idiotic

Last edited:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
We only got Roger because of his military commitment. We took im in the 10th round and waited four years for him to play

we got story because we were the worst team in the league and had the #1 pick. We went 1-15 his rookie year

which one of those two paths are you suggesting we take this time around? After al, you made it sound so easy. Let’s just go draft another one!
Actually I was referring to Merideth , Morton and Aikman.

Kwyn

Reaction score
What you need is a Tom Brady that is the GOAT but also doesn't care about money because he has a supermodel wife that makes more money than him so he doesn't take up half your cap space.

And is humble but confident.

A team player but willing to take things into his own hands.

Respectful of Cowboy history but driven to create his own legacy.

Acknowledges he has a lot to learn but will challenge coaching when he thinks he’s right.

Loves animals and children but also recognizes the value of the elderly in our community by volunteering at the senior center

JERRY GO DRAFT THAT GUY

keysersoze

Reaction score
I think you have me confused with some of the other posters who you paint with that broad brush of yours.

Im new but I’ve noticed that already :rolleyes:

If you check my post history you’ll find that I’ve been defending Dak. Im a fan and think the ideas about flushing him and starting over are idiotic
Ok. That’s cool. My apologies for the misunderstanding.

BoysForLife

Reaction score
Because having Mahomes may not have compensated for the bad coaching and schematics.

And that's a separate opinion

You asked what my point was regarding Mahomes

I think it would have made a huge difference
That was my point

It appears you feel differently which is all good. We'll have to agree to disagree.

keysersoze

Reaction score
And that's a separate opinion

You asked what my point was regarding Mahomes

I think it would have made a huge difference
That was my point

It appears you feel differently which is all good. We'll have to agree to disagree.
Yep. That’s all to it.

Kwyn

Reaction score
Sure he has

But he's never made in a single season anywhere near what Dak's asking, as far as I know
Things change. Brady has made personal choices about his money. He and his wife are worth half a billion dollars

Dak has some solid endorsement money but this is his first chance for a real NFL QB contract. I just don’t get how so many fans expect him to work for less than the market bears.

none of us would tell our friends and family to work for less than they’re worth. Why would we ask Dak to take pennies on the dollar?

keysersoze

Reaction score
Things change. Brady has made personal choices about his money. He and his wife are worth half a billion dollars

Dak has some solid endorsement money but this is his first chance for a real NFL QB contract. I just don’t get how so many fans expect him to work for less than the market bears.

none of us would tell our friends and family to work for less than they’re worth. Why would we ask Dak to take pennies on the dollar?
I agree.... Why should Dak be paid less than Wentz and others that he’s just as good as or even better than? What makes him less valuable?