The Elite QB Farce

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Talk about nonsense and a credibility problem. Dude, you said Rogers is not a better QB than Dak ? Out loud. In public...lol. Dak is as accurate as Rogers ? Have you ever seen Rogers, consistently, throw darts and hit receivers in stride on long balls ? And drop balls into minute windows, while he’s falling, for touchdowns. While Dak is throwing balls behind and too high and in the dirt. Man, how people don’t believe their eyes anymore...

He goes by ESPN QBR, which had Trubisky ranked top 3 last year.

cern

Reaction score
To suggest no qb is elite is tantamount to saying navy seals are not an elite fighting force. But just as in football, the rest of the team has to perform. The elite just increase the odds of that happening. The rest of the team has confidence in the elite qb being able to put together the last drive, come from behind victory. Superior attitude, superior state of mind.

starfan1

Reaction score
Tag is still pricey as well. And you think Dak is going to wait until he is nearly 28 years old to get his second contract extension?

And what conversation was that? You want to quote? It think he and Zeke are knuckleheads. We are discussing the player, there are plenty of players I don't "like" in this league due to their attitude, but wouldn't mind them being here as players. I don't like Dak because he is mediocre looking for a big contract.
It was this year (football season)that about all I can remember but I do remember you saying it irregardless zeke is a knucklehead no argument here Dak is not. And yes I think Dak will wait that long because the difference isn’t going to be dramatic and being the qb for the Dallas Cowboys in itself makes up the difference easy .now his agent may not want that

I believe Dak is better than mediocre but it’s senseless to go back and forth with you. You’re minds made up

the endorsements alone and the fact that Jerry wants him here will be enough he’s going nowhere

Now if the cowboys want to bring in competition I support that but not at the expense of not fixing the much bigger issue the defense and special teams

they already fixed part of the problem by subtraction and my hope is MM and his staff fixes the rest

mattjames2010

Reaction score
It was this year (football season)that about all I can remember but I do remember you saying it irregardless zeke is a knucklehead no argument here Dak is not. And yes I think Dak will wait that long because the difference isn’t going to be dramatic and being the qb for the Dallas Cowboys in itself makes up the difference easy .now his agent may not want that

I believe Dak is better than mediocre but it’s senseless to go back and forth with you. You’re minds made up

the endorsements alone and the fact that Jerry wants him here will be enough he’s going nowhere

Now if the cowboys want to bring in competition I support that but not at the expense of not fixing the much bigger issue the defense and special teams

they already fixed part of the problem by subtraction and my hope is MM and his staff fixes the rest

If he's such a great QB, such a "fine QB", why wait until you are pushing 30 to get a contract extension? If he gets back to back tags, at that point, he hasn't proven himself to be THE guy and it's time to stop wasting away.

And Jerry can say what he wants, he didn't wait on signing an aging Romo to an extension, he's waiting with Dak and our cap situation is in much better condition. Jerry is as torn on Dak as anyone.

beware_d-ware

Reaction score
There's more than one way to skin a cat and build a contender. But the most direct route is definitely getting an elite player at the most impactful position on the field. It's not the only way, but it's the easiest.

Right now, we have a 25 year old QB who played at a top 10 level and lead the league's #1 offense. You can win a Super Bowl with the kind of offense we had last year. Is it possible to contend if we let Dak walk and use that $35M cap room to improve our team at other positions? Yes it is, but I'd rather take a bird in the hand over 2 maybe-elite defenses in the bush.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
To suggest no qb is elite is tantamount to saying navy seals are not an elite fighting force. But just as in football, the rest of the team has to perform. The elite just increase the odds of that happening. The rest of the team has confidence in the elite qb being able to put together the last drive, come from behind victory. Superior attitude, superior state of mind.
Yep

This thread to suggest an Elite QB is over hyped is just a lame spin to support a QB who isn’t elite.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
AND, it doesn't address the issue of paying a non-elite Qb like he's on par with Mahomes.
Right

What kind of team would we be if we paid an average RB or WR top 5 money?

I think most fans would agree to a contract that better represents his talent level which would be in 20’s not 40’s.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I've seen so much of that here. "Got to have an elite QB" and "can't get it done without that elite QB".

The only thing I agree with is that the Cowboys do not have an elite QB and he probably won't ever be considered that.

Brady, Brees, Wilson, Jackson, Watson all have been mentioned with as that old guard elite or the new guard. Mahomes is in that group and along with Rodgers, the only ones left in the playoffs and is Rodgers there because he's played elite this season or is it the RB and DE's? And the fact that Brees, Rodgers and Wilson only have one ring doesn't seem to matter.

Did you catch Brees, Jackson, Wilson and Watson trying to lift their teams? Or did you catch Tannehill in his last two playoff games with <200 yards? Which is it better to have? The QB to lift the team or the team to support the QB? Ask Brady, Brees, Wilson, Jackson and Watson.

This is not about Prescott, it is about every team has to build around the QB and Brees, Rodgers and Wilson are proof. Elway was elite and he wouldn't have any rings if not for a HC and RB and an offensive philosophical change..

Roger and Troy had to have teams around them, same with Starr, Bradshaw, Montana and Brady wasn't that bad this season, the team around him wasn't the usual standard.

It's one thing we've seen, different kinds of teams can do it different ways, there isn't just one template. Get that elite QB and ride the wave. This isn't baseball when they can ride a pitcher or two.

I do not think if the Cowboys had any of those elite QB's this season, it would have been much different.

I do not think if the Cowboys had any of those elite QB's this season, it would have been much different.[/QUOTE]

I do not think if the Cowboys had any of those elite QB's this season, it would have been much different.[/QUOTE]

WRONG as elite QB don't go scoreless till its GARBAGE TIME!
Please man LOL....:muttley:

Kwyn

Reaction score
Seriously.... I have run out of reasons that they hate Dak so much. But love others who have not done more or haven’t done anything at all. Only a couple of reasons left come to mind. This is insane.

A lot of fans inexplicably hated Romo as well.

Haters gonna hate

Kwyn

Reaction score
Considering they won’t cost us 40 million. I’m not sure how much we’d lose. We weren’t a playoff team now.

so the message board Dak projected salary is now up to 40m? Just a few days ago it was 32

maybe next week it will be 45!

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Despite dysfunctional coaching, Dak has made improvements every year. He will continue to do so. He's already top 10.

irving

Reaction score
I've seen so much of that here. "Got to have an elite QB" and "can't get it done without that elite QB".

The only thing I agree with is that the Cowboys do not have an elite QB and he probably won't ever be considered that.

Brady, Brees, Wilson, Jackson, Watson all have been mentioned with as that old guard elite or the new guard. Mahomes is in that group and along with Rodgers, the only ones left in the playoffs and is Rodgers there because he's played elite this season or is it the RB and DE's? And the fact that Brees, Rodgers and Wilson only have one ring doesn't seem to matter.

Did you catch Brees, Jackson, Wilson and Watson trying to lift their teams? Or did you catch Tannehill in his last two playoff games with <200 yards? Which is it better to have? The QB to lift the team or the team to support the QB? Ask Brady, Brees, Wilson, Jackson and Watson.

This is not about Prescott, it is about every team has to build around the QB and Brees, Rodgers and Wilson are proof. Elway was elite and he wouldn't have any rings if not for a HC and RB and an offensive philosophical change..

Roger and Troy had to have teams around them, same with Starr, Bradshaw, Montana and Brady wasn't that bad this season, the team around him wasn't the usual standard.

It's one thing we've seen, different kinds of teams can do it different ways, there isn't just one template. Get that elite QB and ride the wave. This isn't baseball when they can ride a pitcher or two.

I do not think if the Cowboys had any of those elite QB's this season, it would have been much different.
One of the most intelligent post I have ever seen on this forum.

Kwyn

Reaction score
So, you love Dak and hate Romo
There are fans here who loved Romo and hate Dak

As many have said before ... haters gonna hate

two sides of the same coin

me? I’m a Cowboy fan. I rooted for Quincy as hard as I rooted for Romo or Dak

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
so the message board Dak projected salary is now up to 40m? Just a few days ago it was 32

maybe next week it will be 45!
As ridiculous as it sounds if you wait too long and mahomes signs a massive deal, and a new CBA gets finalized it's not out of the question.

keysersoze

Reaction score
So, you love Dak and hate Romo
There are fans here who loved Romo and hate Dak

As many have said before ... haters gonna hate

two sides of the same coin

me? I’m a Cowboy fan. I rooted for Quincy as hard as I rooted for Romo or Dak
Never hated Romo. Spent $200 on his jersey. But he had a decade to show and prove but fell short. I would not consider him elite or great. He was a good one tho. No denying that. I just don’t agree with the overboard classification of his performances tho.

Kwyn

Reaction score
In every era we built a championship caliber team we begun by drafting or signing a QB first.
We only got Roger because of his military commitment. We took im in the 10th round and waited four years for him to play

we got story because we were the worst team in the league and had the #1 pick. We went 1-15 his rookie year

which one of those two paths are you suggesting we take this time around? After al, you made it sound so easy. Let’s just go draft another one!