The end of Dak is coming

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
YOu just made up a lie. I never said the bucs super bowl year were dogs.

You think just listing games is proof of choking, but never say how romo choked it. Good god man.

Well it’s been fun. You are weird, no insult intended. Have a great night.
So did Romo choke in the Vikings game? Or are we gonna blame the defense? You can’t really insult me and say no insult intended. You have hard time with people disagreeing with you. You aren’t the only one. Zrinkill does too.

Flamma

Reaction score
But you cant refute the team that beat us won the super bowl.

Did they surprise us? Yes. So did green bay last year.
Well of course!!! But I didn't think going into the playoffs that a 10-6 team was going to beat us. A team we beat twice.

My only point was that the 2007 Cowboys were a contender to make the SB. The 2021-2023 Cowboys were not. They did nothing during the regular season to give you any indication that they could beat a really good team. If you thought they were contenders, then you were wishful thinking.

GINeric

Reaction score
The 'Truth' is that Dak's struggles are easily identifiable and aren't necessarily against good teams, they're in situations of extreme pressure when the onus is on him and we need a TD.
The 'Truth' is that Dak isn't a difference maker, though he is a great leader of a good team.
As I've said time and time again, unless he concedes on the number of years (and I'm saying 4+ years) there's very little chance to kick the CAP and build an outstanding Defense to ensure we stay in the game (especially playing the better play-off teams).

Great post!! But I'm referring to people saying he can't beat good teams. He did that his rookie season and other seasons as well. So to say he didn't beat good teams isn't the TRUTH. That's all I'm saying.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Well of course!!! But I didn't think going into the playoffs that a 10-6 team was going to beat us. A team we beat twice.

My only point was that the 2007 Cowboys were a contender to make the SB. The 2021-2023 Cowboys were not. They did nothing during the regular season to give you any indication that they could beat a really good team. If you thought they were contenders, then you were wishful thinking.
Yeah I mean at best I was hoping to at least see the 49ers but it’s hard to have confidence or be a contender when you can’t get past them.

tomokawan

Reaction score

I was not confident in 2007. Even though we had the number one seed. I worried about Romo and the defense. Just like Dak and this defense. However, We should have atleast made it to the NFCC that year. 2007 was the Best chance in the last 25 years.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I was not confident in 2007. Even though we had the number one seed. I worried about Romo and the defense. Just like Dak and this defense. However, We should have atleast made it to the NFCC that year. 2007 was the Best chance in the last 25 years.
Why does it seem like we are constantly out game planned?

If we have a better team on paper, it seem like we just show up and expect to win, when the other team actually has a game plan to win the game.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think most fans would agree with this but unfortunately that’s the nature of business in the NFL with Market Price for Franchise QB’s who aren’t necessarily Elite.
Market Price doesn't necessarily mean the smart price.
Mahomes is worth more.
The also ran QBs are generally worth less.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
I think most fans would agree with this but unfortunately that’s the nature of business in the NFL with Market Price for Franchise QB’s who aren’t necessarily Elite.
Agreed, but to some of us, CAP% and RESPONSIBILITY go hand in hand. If a player takes 20%+ of the CAP, i'm looking to him to elevate the team (not be part of the problem.....with his apparent inabilities in most crucial games).
Yet another fan who puts all the blame for the failures on Dak. Totally ignoring all the other issues.
No-ones saying 'ALL'. But how would you overcome these other failings, whilst paying Dak a 20%+ CAP Hit?

If you're going down the ALL-IN route, look at the last team to succeed....still relied on their QB to step up in the Play-offs ......in three of the four play-off victories he orchestrated , 2 TD winning drives and a last drive FG.

We can pay Dak, we can go ALL-IN, but there's nothing to suggest that Dak will be able to orchestrate this comeback, which pretty much happens each year in the play-off run of the SB winning teams.

As for Jerry, i'm convinced that he would of gone ALL-IN, had it not been for the GB debacle. Dak's contract was designed (and restructured) in the full expectation of being extended this year..... BUT AS YOU INFER, THERE's TOO MUCH BLAME TO GO AROUND FOR THIS TO BE A REALISTIC SCENARIO.

I'm not against a longer contract and kick as much down the alley to give it a shot (even though i'm not convinced it'll work), but if doesnt accept a longer contract.....move on, build a team through the line and defense, fitting in a QB in a 2016 (or Purdy) style arm-chair ride.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Sultan whole agenda is Dak hate. Are you reading his posts?
I’ve been here for almost twenty years. Just because you Dak-Stans see valid criticism of your boy as “Dak-hate” doesn't mean a person has even an agenda, let alone a ”whole agenda” as such. There you go again with your lack of reading comprehension skills and your absurd generalizations.

CowboyoWales

Reaction score
So did Romo choke in the Vikings game? Or are we gonna blame the defense? You can’t really insult me and say no insult intended. You have hard time with people disagreeing with you. You aren’t the only one. Zrinkill does too.
There's nothing like going back 13 years to reference a point that doesnt negate the point that Dak persistently struggles when trailing in the games vrs good teams.

Flamma

Reaction score
Yeah I mean at best I was hoping to at least see the 49ers but it’s hard to have confidence or be a contender when you can’t get past them.
I expected that too. Because up until this point, this team has beaten the teams they were supposed to beat in the playoffs. Lost to the better teams. I didn't expect an embarrassing meltdown to the 7th seed. It's weird. The Cowboys and Eagles were the only two teams in the NFC that looked like they didn't want to be there.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed, but to some of us, CAP% and RESPONSIBILITY go hand in hand. If a player takes 20%+ of the CAP, i'm looking to him to elevate the team (not be part of the problem.....with his apparent inabilities in most crucial games).

No-ones saying 'ALL'. But how would you overcome these other failings, whilst paying Dak a 20%+ CAP Hit?

If you're going down the ALL-IN route, look at the last team to succeed....still relied on their QB to step up in the Play-offs ......in three of the four play-off victories he orchestrated , 2 TD winning drives and a last drive FG.

We can pay Dak, we can go ALL-IN, but there's nothing to suggest that Dak will be able to orchestrate this comeback, which pretty much happens each year in the play-off run of the SB winning teams.

As for Jerry, i'm convinced that he would of gone ALL-IN, had it not been for the GB debacle. Dak's contract was designed (and restructured) in the full expectation of being extended this year..... BUT AS YOU INFER, THERE's TOO MUCH BLAME TO GO AROUND FOR THIS TO BE A REALISTIC SCENARIO.

I'm not against a longer contract and kick as much down the alley to give it a shot (even though i'm not convinced it'll work), but if doesnt accept a longer contract.....move on, build a team through the line and defense, fitting in a QB in a 2016 (or Purdy) style arm-chair ride.
So , if this is the case why are the Cowboys seriously considering resigning him?

And what would it say if they do?

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Market Price doesn't necessarily mean the smart price.
Mahomes is worth more.
The also ran QBs are generally worth less.
Of course but there’s a reason why most teams pay Market Price for a Franchise QB even if he’s not Elite. Your thoughts on why?