The End Of The Game

Blackrain

Reaction score
This team’s future is now. Salary cap will eventually tear it apart.
Agreed hoping we can get it done in this short window but I like this method much better than the other one . Look at Cousins pay him a fortune compromise how you can build the team and sit home the post season .

Cousins for the Vikes is a similar situation to what Romo had us in except he has better health . Good QB , Great Passer , but not the team elevating ability of the elite Peyton , Brady , Rodgers or Breese .

I will take Dak a great football player and the ability to put a team around him over One guy that is supposed to single handedly make everybody better and take you over the hump .

To get those generational once in a life time player usually takes a top 5 draft pick also and we don't even have a first round pick we shot the works on this season and its paying off so far.

nobody

Reaction score
Im hoping we can get it done before what ever we have to pay him compromises our ability to build the team . At least he has shown he is durable it really sucks paying a guy a fortune while he is injured or calling games for a network

Give Dak the Offensive line that Romo had for years and he might not be so healthy. Now stop with the bashing Romo to try to make Dak look good. It only makes you look like you don't believe Dak can prove himself on his own.

Vomit

Reaction score
Well for starters, how about we not call all those who aren’t sold on Dak being the best thing since sliced bread “haters”.

Sure, the ones who claim he’s the worst ever I guess are haters.

The kid has been inconsistent and some want to see more consistency before they want the franchise to hand over a huge contract to him. Why does that make someone a “haters”?

Frankly there is no dumber a term than “hater” when applied to the discussion of any player. It’s just laziness.

Exactly. Want to see him improve downfield accuracy; but mostly want to see him elevate his pocket awareness.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry is playin with house money as the saying goes, pertaining to Dak. What an outstanding draft pick by MCClay and that group. Dak in the 4th?!! you kidding me? lol....wow..Somebody did their predraft homework.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Lets not forget that Amari quietly had a good game too. Well over a hundy aint bad when the other team knows your getting the ball. Speaks to his route running. Two best moves we made all year are Cooper and signing Kris Richard. We don't get to the playoffs without both.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Greg its not just an attempt Im calling all the people out that were saying we should tank the season and Dak sucks and he cant do this or that . All the people with there negative posts and exaggerations about Dak and this team and how he could never win in the playoffs .

Dak is not the greatest passer in franchise history but he is a winner and one heck of a Football Player who dose everything in his skillset to win . That's all I can ask and this is exciting !!!
Earlier in the season especially at 3-5 many were calling to tank the season. To fire Garrett, etc .

There was just cause to call out and critic Dak.

While he’s won his 1st playoff game we have some work left. In the end there’s only one goal which will appeal to all. Winning a championship.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
QB's make improvements throughout their careers. He isn't stuck as he is.
Some progression is possible but he isn’t going to become a prolific passer. Which it might not matter if we win.

Dak doesn’t have to be a prolific passing QB to win championships . Obviously he’s finding other ways to win. It’s still left to be determined if that will be enough. I’m much more hopeful after last nights performance.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Dak is a good fit(when he uses his skill set)for this incarnation of the Dallas Cowboys with a good defense and a great running game. Anybody who denies that is wrong. That being said, I think the fear that most ‘Dak haters’ have is that he will get an extension and the team around him will diminish because of it. The fear is that Dak will not be a good enough passer to carry an inferior team in the modern NFL.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed hoping we can get it done in this short window but I like this method much better than the other one . Look at Cousins pay him a fortune compromise how you can build the team and sit home the post season .

Cousins for the Vikes is a similar situation to what Romo had us in except he has better health . Good QB , Great Passer , but not the team elevating ability of the elite Peyton , Brady , Rodgers or Breese .

I will take Dak a great football player and the ability to put a team around him over One guy that is supposed to single handedly make everybody better and take you over the hump .

To get those generational once in a life time player usually takes a top 5 draft pick also and we don't even have a first round pick we shot the works on this season and its paying off so far.
Romo wasn’t enough either to carry that team further.

Hopefully we have built a greater team around Dak.

But if you don’t think with the team we have built that a more prolific passing QB like a Mahommes or Goff wouldn’t increase our chances then we’ll just have to disagree.

That doesn’t mean we can’t have more success with Dak but until that’s proven you just believe more than others do. And that’s fine.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Give Dak the Offensive line that Romo had for years and he might not be so healthy. Now stop with the bashing Romo to try to make Dak look good. It only makes you look like you don't believe Dak can prove himself on his own.

Im not bashing Romo I am stating facts . I said he was the best passer in franchise history but I feel Dak is a better football player ALL THINGS CONSIDERED . I am bashing the method we used to try and win previously .

We didn't surround him with enough or the right talent to win a championship and part of that IMO was because we paid him to much and he was not healthy . We should have drafted a young QB that could be developed much sooner .

It just seems too difficult to pay a guy crazy money and build a team also .especially if his health is questionable . To do this the guy has to be more than just good he has to be Superman
Roger Staubach and Steve Young come to mind along with Rodgers Brady and Breese . IMO guys like Tony and Cousins are very good but not the top of the elite

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Im not bashing Romo I am stating facts . I said he was the best passer in franchise history but I feel Dak is a better football player ALL THINGS CONSIDERED . I am bashing the method we used to try and win previously .

We didn't surround him with enough or the right talent to win a championship and part of that IMO was because we paid him to much and he was not healthy . We should have drafted a young QB that could be developed much sooner .

It just seems too difficult to pay a guy crazy money and build a team also .especially if his health is questionable . To do this the guy has to be more than just good he has to be Superman
Roger Staubach and Steve Young come to mind along with Rodgers Brady and Breese . IMO guys like Tony and Cousins are very good but not the top of the elite
Dak could be enough with the team we’ve built around him. I’m much more hopeful after last nights performance. I’m not sure why it’s so important to you for everyone to believe as strongly as you do?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is a good fit(when he uses his skill set)for this incarnation of the Dallas Cowboys with a good defense and a great running game. Anybody who denies that is wrong. That being said, I think the fear that most ‘Dak haters’ have is that he will get an extension and the team around him will diminish because of it. The fear is that Dak will not be a good enough passer to carry an inferior team in the modern NFL.
Bold> If true, the daily, overly zealous criticism should be directly aimed at the front office, not Prescott. Prescott did not draft himself. It is the front office's responsibility to capitalize on the coaching and roster assets they should acquire to achieve success.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

There was zero reason making the comparison between Prescott and Romo. It is continual deficiency repeatedly initiated by pro-Prescott and anti-Prescott debaters alike.

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
Bold> If true, the daily, overly zealous criticism should be directly aimed at the front office, not Prescott. Prescott did not draft himself. It is the front office's responsibility to capitalize on the coaching and roster assets they should acquire to achieve success.

Not if you can’t pay everybody because you pay a large extension to a QB who cannot carry a team. It’s a fine line in the NFL to pay a star QB and maintain a good enough team around them. The team has to be good enough even with a talented QB but it would have to be even better with a mediocre QB

Blackrain

Reaction score
Romo wasn’t enough either to carry that team further.

Hopefully we have built a greater team around Dak.

But if you don’t think with the team we have built that a more prolific passing QB like a Mahommes or Goff wouldn’t increase our chances then we’ll just have to disagree.

That doesn’t mean we can’t have more success with Dak but until that’s proven you just believe more than others do. And that’s fine.

If Dak could pass like Goff or Mahommes we would have probably had to give a top 5 pick for him and wouldn't have Zeke so the team would be different . I believe Dak can become a better passer . Even yesterday on the biggest stage I noticed he was getting the ball out faster and not taking the sacks . I saw progress . He said he watched tape of the previous game and it made him sick so he improved .

Conversely if Mahommes or Goff could run over guys like Dak can could it increase there chances . Being versatile is not a bad thing IMO

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Agreed. If Dak isn’t enough after paying him then that’s on the FO for poor evaluation and or a supporting cast. But it would support the criticism many have had.

In the end much like the criticism with Romo there’s only one Bar that will elevate Dak. Winning a championship.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Not if you can’t pay everybody because you pay a large extension to a QB who cannot carry a team. It’s a fine line in the NFL to pay a star QB and maintain a good enough team around them. The team has to be good enough even with a talented QB but it would have to be even better with a mediocre QB
Who
Drafted
Prescott????????????

Here is truth some people never accept.

Quarterbacks labeled BY their team as a franchise quarterback get PAID like a franchise quarterback.

It is unfortunate but 'how good' anyone thinks Prescott is and how well he can play with the talent surrounding him is irrelevant. He will get paid. It is kindergarten elementary economics. And it is the choice which Jerry Jones and his front office made.

Blackrain

Reaction score
There was zero reason making the comparison between Prescott and Romo. It is continual deficiency repeatedly initiated by pro-Prescott and anti-Prescott debaters alike.
I have had to listen to posters state there opinions comparing Romo to Dak for 3 yrs now . I certainly have a right to state my opinion on the method of team building used in the Romo era vs the method used now and if Im deficient because I like this method so be it . Im interested to see how far it takes us

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If Dak could pass like Goff or Mahommes we would have probably had to give a top 5 pick for him and wouldn't have Zeke so the team would be different . I believe Dak can become a better passer . Even yesterday on the biggest stage I noticed he was getting the ball out faster and not taking the sacks . I saw progress . He said he watched tape of the previous game and it made him sick so he improved .

Conversely if Mahommes or Goff could run over guys like Dak can could it increase there chances . Being versatile is not a bad thing IMO
Like I said. You believe more than others.

Can’t fault everyone for not believing as much. You can but then it becomes a faith based mission cheering on until there’s further evidence of results.