The End Of The Game

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have had to listen to posters state there opinions comparing Romo to Dak for 3 yrs now . I certainly have a right to state my opinion on the method of team building used in the Romo era vs the method used now
Of course you have that right.

But your not just doing that. Your calling other members out as part of your argument. I hope you see the difference?

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed. If Dak isn’t enough after paying him then that’s on the FO for poor evaluation and or a supporting cast. But it would support the criticism many have had.

In the end much like the criticism with Romo there’s only one Bar that will elevate Dak. Winning a championship.
Bold> Personally, I would not have as much of a problem with the present criticism of Prescott IF not for the fact that a significant percentage of his present day critics (not you necessarily) had not evaluated him properly during his rookie season. Too many of his present day critics were wrapped up in the euphoria (the best description of the nonsense I had think of it both back then and now) in what the team accomplished. These same people should look in the mirror each time they criticize Prescott.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have had to listen to posters state there opinions comparing Romo to Dak for 3 yrs now . I certainly have a right to state my opinion on the method of team building used in the Romo era vs the method used now and if Im deficient because I like this method so be it . Im interested to see how far it takes us
Cool. That same defense can be used as justification by anti-Prescott critics.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Bold> Personally, I would not have as much of a problem with the present criticism of Prescott IF not for the fact that a significant percentage of his present day critics (not you necessarily) had not evaluated him properly during his rookie season. Too many of his present day critics were wrapped up in the euphoria (the best description of the nonsense I had think of it both back then and now) in what the team accomplished. These same people should look in the mirror each time they criticize Prescott.
Team accomplishment is always going to be more directly accredited to the QB position.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There’s always going to be criticism of the QB arguing if he’s enough until they win a championship.

Then and only then will they receive a pass for life.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Team accomplishment is always going to be more directly accredited to the QB position.
Yes. It is as irrational as assigning win/loss records to the position as well.

It is a shame how quarterback's teammates are slighted by their fans. lol. Maybe that is another reason why a number of wide receivers, for example, are such divas. They hate that they are on the receiving end of quarterback passes, make crucial catches, score touchdowns and not get equal praise. It is like they do not do anything at all. Just the quarterback.

Humans Sports fans are fickle. :laugh:

EDIT: Added 'and not get equal praise' duh.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There’s always going to be criticism of the QB arguing if he’s enough until they win a championship.

Then and only then will they receive a pass for life.
There is properly rationalize criticism. And there is idiotic redundant fault-finding. Problem is too many sports observers (not just those who have tunnelvision for quarterbacks) do not understand there is a difference.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
There is properly rationalize criticism. And there is idiotic redundant fault-finding. Problem is too many sports observers (not just those who have tunnelvision for quarterbacks) do not understand there is a difference.
Of course but this is an annoymous forum where personal credibility or accountability is far down on the totem pole. Lol

Like most Social Media it’s throwing darts at targets to see what sticks. And you can continue being wrong. No one cares as they continue spinning their narration to the audience.

In the end who’s the judge ? The only thing that can’t be denied is championships and or personal achievement. So, if your not wearing a ring or a Yellow jacket , you basically weren’t enough . Lol

That doesn’t mean you suked. Just given the situation and talent level weren’t enough to overcome. It’s not all bad. It just isn’t great or an elite level.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Earlier in the season especially at 3-5 many were calling to tank the season. To fire Garrett, etc .

There was just cause to call out and critic Dak.

While he’s won his 1st playoff game we have some work left. In the end there’s only one goal which will appeal to all. Winning a championship.

I was down but not near calling for tanking and bashed posters for wanting to tank .

I stuck with Dak all season as many gloated over Ints that I saw bounce off WRs hands and go to the other team , Glad Jerry saw this too and got Cooper to give Dak a chance

Then I had to listen to why did we give a 1st rd pick when Dak wont be able to connect with him anyway . Dak has made many eat there words this year

My opinion of Garrett is still the same

1 He is here to stay
2 He finds good talent and gets them to play hard to the end
3 He is not the best Game day coach about middle of the pack
4 He would make a great assist GM .

I will add that I feel he has improved more this season than all the others combined . His ability to keep the team together and fighting has out weighed his lack of game day coaching . A great young OC would help him greatly

Blackrain

Reaction score
Like I said. You believe more than others.

Can’t fault everyone for not believing as much. You can but then it becomes a faith based mission cheering on until there’s further evidence of results.

Its fine not to believe but is it necessary to continually try to cover the believers with a wet blanket when the guy is delivering in crunch time and really making it tough to find fault

Blackrain

Reaction score

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I was down but not near calling for tanking and bashed posters for wanting to tank .

I stuck with Dak all season as many gloated over Ints that I saw bounce off WRs hands and go to the other team , Glad Jerry saw this too and got Cooper to give Dak a chance

Then I had to listen to why did we give a 1st rd pick when Dak wont be able to connect with him anyway . Dak has made many eat there words this year

My opinion of Garrett is still the same

1 He is here to stay
2 He finds good talent and gets them to play hard to the end
3 He is not the best Game day coach about middle of the pack
4 He would make a great assist GM .

I will add that I feel he has improved more this season than all the others combined . His ability to keep the team together and fighting has out weighed his lack of game day coaching . A great young OC would help him greatly
I’ve been supporting and believed in Garrett since the night he took over in the Meadowlands.

But it doesnt matter. This is Social Media. He’s going to be bashed at every setback. Much like Dak is. It’s part of it. They understand it. Not sure why fans can’t handle it? If you don’t , ignore or stay away.

I have many friends who do just that because of the ridiculous nature of these forums and social media. “ why argue with an annoymous stranger” they tell me.

Argue your points and stay true to your beliefs without calling out or attacking others because they dont see or believe the same. If your best spin is calling out others IMO you got nothing.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I was never a Dak hater but cmon, the guy can really drive you nuts during a game and I believe that's most of some of the fans complaint.

There are not many that can admit they actually sit back and watch these games with comfort. Even the Tampa game was an edge of your seat game.

The last team we really handled handily was jacksonville.
I have some issues with some of Dak's QB play too but the guy does show up when the game's on the line. The Dak haters I have trouble with are the ones that criticize him constantly and complain that he's the worst QB they ever saw.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Shortly after Dak took over as QB this forum became the hub for idiotic redundant fault finding and has not ceased to disappoint since LOLOL

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Its fine not to believe but is it necessary to continually try to cover the believers with a wet blanket when the guy is delivering in crunch time and really making it tough to find fault
The results will always have the final say.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I have some issues with some of Dak's QB play too but the guy does show up when the game's on the line. The Dak haters I have trouble with are the ones that criticize him constantly and complain that he's the worst QB they ever saw.
They’re just trying to spark a response. Don’t take the bait.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I’ve been supporting and believed in Garrett since the night he took over in the Meadowlands.

But it doesnt matter. This is Social Media. He’s going to be bashed at every setback. Much like Dak is. It’s part of it. They understand it. Not sure why fans can’t handle it? If you don’t , ignore or stay away.

I have many friends who do just that because of the ridiculous nature of these forums and social media. “ why argue with an annoymous stranger” they tell me.

Argue your points and stay true to your beliefs without calling out or attacking others because they dont see or believe the same. If your best spin is calling out others IMO you got nothing.

I know you have and I have read many of your posts concerning the dysfunction Garrett has had to deal with . I take this into consideration when I am critical of him .

I truly think he has improved this year I expected a faster learning curve because he is such an intelligent guy kind of like people have very little patients with Dak and his maturation process . I wanted him on the fast track human nature I guess

Blackrain

Reaction score
The results will always have the final say.

It seems like only here do so many ignore the results and go to extremes to find fault with Dak . Probably why I go out of my way to call these people out when he proves all the negative predictions false .

Whats so funny is they never admit they judged him unfairly they just dig deeper for some obscure fact or move the goal post LOL

Diehardblues

Reaction score
It seems like only here do so many ignore the results and go to extremes to find fault with Dak . Probably why I go out of my way to call these people out when he proves all the negative predictions false .

Whats so funny is they never admit they judged him unfairly they just dig deeper for some obscure fact or move the goal post LOL
Exactly and they’ll continue to do so. That’s reality on social media. Sports division of opinion is no different than the division we have in society. They’ll continue spinning facts to fit their narrative.