Twitter: The entire defense is being designed around Micah Parsons

Aven8

Reaction score
I’ve seen three PS games of him with limited snaps by far and it’s evident he’s our best player on D already.

Reactions: BAT

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
Right. Just like there’s no connection between calling me a monkey and then in the next post, posting a picture of…… animals that aren’t monkeys. Of course it wasn’t you totally wrong lol.
There you go again connecting dots that shouldn't be connected. I never called you a monkey.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
We couldn't have done that if we had drafted a corner.

No, but our scheme would have been adjusted for his talents as well. If you have a shutdown corner, you can use more one-on-one coverage and safety blitzes to get extra pressure on the quarterback. We still would have blitzed the linebackers some, but not as much as we're going to to with Parsons. Don't know if we would have forced a linebacker pick in the second round, like we did with corner, or if we would have just counted on LVE, Jaylon and Neal to be our top three LBs.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I’ve seen three PS games of him with limited snaps by far and it’s evident he’s our best player on D already.

I think it's still Lawrence, who we haven't seen this preseason. He's a one-on-one matchup nightmare. Be nice to have a second one of those ... or possibly even a third if Gregory actually steps up his game some.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Build everything around a kid that has never played a regular season game. What could go wrong?

I wouldn't say built around, but rather a defensive coordinator making use of what he has. That's much better than DCs scheme-fitting players. They should always player fit schemes. If you have a blazing fast linebacker, then why would you not want to try to use that?

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No, but our scheme would have been adjusted for his talents as well. If you have a shutdown corner, you can use more one-on-one coverage and safety blitzes to get extra pressure on the quarterback. We still would have blitzed the linebackers some, but not as much as we're going to to with Parsons. Don't know if we would have forced a linebacker pick in the second round, like we did with corner, or if we would have just counted on LVE, Jaylon and Neal to be our top three LBs.
I get what you're saying,, but I don't think either of the corners taken are shut down corners, we'll see. Deion could shut down half the field, but the game has changed. Offense routinely send out 4 to 5 receivers. The loss of the fullback and diminished use of playing TEs on the LOS puts a lot of pressure on secondaries. Take the shutdown corner deep and throw underneath.

BAT

Mr. Fixit
Reaction score
Build everything around a kid that has never played a regular season game. What could go wrong?

Better than building around guys we already know are not that good.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Nobody who loses to Ben DiNucci in chess will ever amount to anything in life.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wouldn't say built around, but rather a defensive coordinator making use of what he has. That's much better than DCs scheme-fitting players. They should always player fit schemes. If you have a blazing fast linebacker, then why would you not want to try to use that?
He’s making pretty much all the plays on defense so far.

CowboyFrog

Reaction score
I get what you're saying,, but I don't think either of the corners taken are shut down corners, we'll see. Deion could shut down half the field, but the game has changed. Offense routinely send out 4 to 5 receivers. The loss of the fullback and diminished use of playing TEs on the LOS puts a lot of pressure on secondaries. Take the shutdown corner deep and throw underneath.

People use the term "shut down " corner loosley now days, there are no more Deon's because the rules are diferent. A great corner in the 90's would be good today.....you need coverage layers and scheme to put corners in position nowadays, biggest help pressure. It shortens the field and makes the route tree shrink in half. Deon could not trail Rice for 4 to 5 seconds every play now ..rules are made for the WR to win. So if I can get a player that gets pressure constantly I'll show you a good corner i'll make look like a stud.

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
Right. Just like there’s no connection between calling me a monkey and then in the next post, posting a picture of…… animals that aren’t monkeys. Of course it wasn’t you totally wrong lol.

Hey DP.....“I learned long ago, never to wrestle with a pig. You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it.” George Bernard Shaw.