The false perception Stephen is running Cowboys Football

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I do not agree that every team builds their team to beat the division winner because no other division has ever been dominated like the Pats with the AFC East.

The Pats have pretty much dominated the league, let alone their division. And you can bet the other 3 teams are building to beat them..........the foil is Belechek. He's just smarter than anyone they can hire....... and having The GOAT doesn't hurt either. You put Brady and Belechek on any team in the NFL, and that team is the new top dog.

Blackrain

Reaction score
The Pats have pretty much dominated the league, let alone their division. And you can bet the other 3 teams are building to beat them..........the foil is Belechek. He's just smarter than anyone they can hire....... and having The GOAT doesn't hurt either. You put Brady and Belechek on any team in the NFL, and that team is the new top dog.

And they have an owner that lets Belicheck do what he has to do to win even if it means cheating LOL. Belicheck is not handcuffed by an owner that needs his DNA on every mico detail to get full credit.

When this changes and someone is in charge that put SB above all else we will hire the best coach money can buy and move forward .

Till then if we have a poor OLine and no running game we are 8-8 . Top 5 oline and great power running gets us to the playoffs and a quick exit . This has been proven over Garretts tenure . I just accept it now

Last edited:

mcmvp

Reaction score
Jerry realizes he is not immortal. Stephen is more visible than he has been because Jerry knows he will be the guy when he’s gone.

But no, this is still Jerry’s ship. There’s simply no way a man of his wealth and ego doesn’t rule until his dying breath.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
And they have an owner that lets Belicheck do what he has to do to win even if it means cheating LOL. Belicheck is not handcuffed by an owner that needs his DNA on every mico detail to get full credit.

When this changes and someone is in charge that put SB above all else we will hire the best coach money can buy and move forward .

Till then if we have a poor OLine and no running game we are 8-8 . Top 5 oline and great power running gets us to the playoffs and a quick exit . This has been proven over Garretts tenure . I just accept it now

I don't accept the cheating arguments. They are just great.

Blackrain

Reaction score

Agreed they are a great franchise and smart enough to use every trick in the book to there best advantage . Cant help but look at things like how the tuck rule positively affected the outcome of there season and how the Dez no catch affected ours . When your great you make most of your good breaks but sometimes you get the benefit of the doubt

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed they are a great franchise and smart enough to use every trick in the book to there best advantage . Cant help but look at things like how the tuck rule positively affected the outcome of there season and how the Dez no catch affected ours . When your great you make most of your good breaks but sometimes you get the benefit of the doubt

Sure you can pick a season and debate what could have been if that call went a different way. But i'm talking about 18 years. The Patriots put themselves in position every year and sometimes you get good breaks.

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry according to BP listen to those around him, that is why they were hired. He is not looking for yes men he wants honest evaluation. In the case of Manziel there was no one other than Jerry pushing the pick, now he could have just said I'm the man and we will do what I want instead he took the consensus and went with Martin. Being the man in charge does not mean ignoring others it means at the end of the day you are the final say and you are the one who will be scrutinized for it. Unfortunately, there are people here who will only place blame on Jerry but will never credit him for the players chosen.
that's old news my cowboy brother look I mean no disrespect, I am not one of those people who blame Jerry for anything. I find it's somewhat strange. People that pries Jerry. Sometimes think he's the only one. He makes all the decisions by himself I'm not saying you I'm just saying some people. And thinking that there are actually disrespecting him because he's more intelligent than that. Thank you for responding

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Jerry according to BP listen to those around him, that is why they were hired. He is not looking for yes men he wants honest evaluation. In the case of Manziel there was no one other than Jerry pushing the pick, now he could have just said I'm the man and we will do what I want instead he took the consensus and went with Martin. Being the man in charge does not mean ignoring others it means at the end of the day you are the final say and you are the one who will be scrutinized for it. Unfortunately, there are people here who will only place blame on Jerry but will never credit him for the players chosen.
So basically exactly what I've been trying to say. Thank you for putting it in a better perspective

Doomsday101

Reaction score
that's old news my cowboy brother look I mean no disrespect, I am not one of those people who blame Jerry for anything. I find it's somewhat strange. People that pries Jerry. Sometimes think he's the only one. He makes all the decisions by himself I'm not saying you I'm just saying some people. And thinking that there are actually disrespecting him because he's more intelligent than that. Thank you for responding

I think Jerry is the final say but I think many people are involved and some like Stephen and McClay have a lot of input.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I never buy into the scuttlebutt, the propaganda. Nothing's on purpose it is what it is I mean some things are obviously done intentionally but that doesn't necessarily mean they're cheating. Just taking advantage of every situation. It was a different crew that said no catch for Dez Bryant then for the Tuck Rule. If it was the same crew then just maybe, maybe something's not right. But I still wouldn't buy into the propaganda. People are just too suspicious for their own good, sometimes. It's called how come I don't get the brakes. And that's not how life works

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Good news is it's just 52 days until the opening of dove season in the great state of texas.

Do you remember Letterman's stupid human tricks?

One of mine was using a .22 to drop a Dove out of the air.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Belichick has changed the game in ways no one can consistently beat year to year. He works 24/7 to perfect every detail. He does what everyone else isn't doing and he keeps changing. If most teams run a 4-3, he switches to what teams aren't running. In every phrase. Brady is along for the ride, he's also a perfectionist and puts in the work.

I would bet we never see another team like them in our lifetimes.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I look at it this way owners of football teams are insanely rich guys . The crazy rich guys I know fall into a couple categories . The ones that pay people to do everything for them and the ones constantly trying to prove they can be as great at doing everything else as they are at acquiring wealth .

I think Kraft follows the school of thought that a man has to know his limitations and pays the best at there profession to achieve the goal he wants .

I think Jerrys philosophy is what one man can do another can do and he has become obsessed to prove what he can do as a football guy and is going to see it through till his last breath . Could he have paid the best coach and won a 4th championship years ago sure , but it didn't feel as good as he wanted it to when Jimmy was responsible for building and running things .

It felt the same great way to us fans Tom , Jimmy , Barry we didn't care who got the credit . We were ecstatic as fans . Kraft dosent care if Belicheck or Brady get more credit he is just a fan like us whos only agenda is winning .

This is why we will never be like the Pats Jerry just cant be satisfied with winning like us fans . His success and happiness all revolves around who gets credit for the winning or we would have the best coachs money could buy at every position . He has made us the riches franchise and we can certainly afford it but unfortunately his ego can not

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Belichick eats and studies film while he's on a bike machine.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Belichick has changed the game in ways no one can consistently beat year to year. He works 24/7 to perfect every detail. He does what everyone else isn't doing and he keeps changing. If most teams run a 4-3, he switches to what teams aren't running. In every phrase. Brady is along for the ride, he's also a perfectionist and puts in the work.

I would bet we never see another team like them in our lifetimes.
Couldn't agree more and that comment Garrett made in a post game interview "it's hard to win in the NFL" really wasn't an excuse, it was fact. This is a sport that turns over 20-25% of the HC's every season as proof.

What makes Belichick better than anyone else is that they just hope they don't lose key players and he plans on it. There is no other team in the last 20 years that believes in "next man up" like he does. And that "just do your job" isn't a catch phrase, they live that. He understands that players get themselves in trouble worrying about the other guy, we see that all the time and we've seen how that affects our own players.

Reading what his players have said about the tests he gives before game days explains why he's the only one that can change it up and play it anyway you want it. Want a shoot out in KC? OK Want a D game in the SB? OK

People that lay all of this on his QB mystify me. He's great and definitely one of the best to ever play the game but if Brady is on another team and Belichick has to play it with another QB, I believe he will be just as successful. I don't think he failed in CLE as much as he learned.

Reactions: G2

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Couldn't agree more and that comment Garrett made in a post game interview "it's hard to win in the NFL" really wasn't an excuse, it was fact. This is a sport that turns over 20-25% of the HC's every season as proof.

What makes Belichick better than anyone else is that they just hope they don't lose key players and he plans on it. There is no other team in the last 20 years that believes in "next man up" like he does. And that "just do your job" isn't a catch phrase, they live that. He understands that players get themselves in trouble worrying about the other guy, we see that all the time and we've seen how that affects our own players.

Reading what his players have said about the tests he gives before game days explains why he's the only one that can change it up and play it anyway you want it. Want a shoot out in KC? OK Want a D game in the SB? OK

People that lay all of this on his QB mystify me. He's great and definitely one of the best to ever play the game but if Brady is on another team and Belichick has to play it with another QB, I believe he will be just as successful. I don't think he failed in CLE as much as he learned.
All you have to do is look at 2008 when they went 11-5 with Matt Cassel.
Belichick also takes away whatever a team needs to win. Their best player or play maker, their o line or d line etc.. And they seem to somehow manage the salaries. And, a revolving door of players. Just incredible.

He got screwed in Cleveland, he had no chance with Art putting his efforts into selling the team. Funny how the coaches he had under him went on to coach...

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Oh common! Garret was absolutely making an excuse. When you lose and come out with a comment like that........what else could it be? It wasn't hard for the other team to win? Every team in this league faces challenges and difficulties. Garret gets more opportunities to fail than most. No teams outside of Cincy have hung on to a coach after 8 futile seasons.

Belechek took Cleveland to the playoffs. That alone is an incredible feat.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I do not agree that every team builds their team to beat the division winner because no other division has ever been dominated like the Pats with the AFC East.
You don't have to agree, but you would be wrong. The bills have been doing everything they possibly could to beat the Patriots. So has the rest of that division. I live in New England 25 minutes from Gillette Stadium. Maybe I have a better handle on the AFC East.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
You don't have to agree, but you would be wrong. The bills have been doing everything they possibly could to beat the Patriots. So has the rest of that division. I live in New England 25 minutes from Gillette Stadium. Maybe I have a better handle on the AFC East.
I’m sure there’s much truth to that but winning the division isn’t the only way into the playoffs.

Even if the other teams conceded losing division to Pats they’d never have to play first place schedule and could still have winning record in division sweeping other two teams while playing lesser conference teams .

Maybe if their entire mission was just to beat the Pats might have been shortsighted or misguided .