The fictional “Elite Quarterback” label

Whirlwin

Cowboy , It’s a way of life.
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
no ifs and buts and even with a SB win like Eli, Alex was not elite just a very solid QB like Dak, rivers, romo, and Stafford....

Dak can win a SB this year and im not going to call him élite..ive already seen his talent and its not special/.
I don’t think there’s an elite quarterback out there. The game has changed too much. They’re not in charge like they used to be. I never said Prescott was elite. I never said he was great either. What I said was he is definitely a winner. He doesn’t choke and he can take a hit

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I can take a challenge. I can take difference of opinion. When I can’t take his blindReward

blueblood70

Reaction score
I don’t think there’s an elite quarterback out there. The game has changed too much. They’re not in charge like they used to be. I never said Prescott was elite. I never said he was great either. What I said was he is definitely a winner. He doesn’t choke and he can take a hit
Brees and Brady were those guys but thats coming to an end but I still Believe Mahomes and Wilson are headed that way..

I can agree that there are a lot of system qbs and numbers are hollow that why im not impressed by numbers like Dak and Winston ut up, they were bolstered with anything specail..

my Dark horse for elite next up is Watson, I think Watson a bit above Dak, not much but he just seems to be able to a bit more with less..

Luck was on the edge but career shortened so he cant get the tag..

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Brees and Brady were those guys but thats coming to an end but I still Believe Mahomes and Wilson are headed that way..

I can agree that there are a lot of system qbs and numbers are hollow that why im not impressed by numbers like Dak and Winston ut up, they were bolstered with anything specail..

my Dark horse for elite next up is Watson, I think Watson a bit above Dak, not much but he just seems to be able to a bit more with less..

Luck was on the edge but career shortened so he cant get the tag..
I can live with that explanation. Be good be safe my cowboy brother always a pleasure

keysersoze

Reaction score
Do you really think the offside penalty was the reason they lost . Nothing to do with him running backwards for his life most of the day. The kid is a big game Hail Mary Choke They should’ve given the award to the full back from San Francisco even though they lost. Stop with this Mahomes hero garbage. McNabb was a decent quarterback. If he doesn’t get drunk the night before the Super Bowl you might win that game. Yep Prescotts a winner make no mistake about it. Go watch the Super Bowl again. Overthrows on the throes aiming the football. It was brutally painful to watch how bad he was. Although I’m glad Kansas City one because I don’t want to San Francisco to have another ring. The wide receiver should’ve got it way before Mahomes. LMAO. Watch the tape again delusional.
Lol!!! Great points. I think the SBMVP should go to Shannahan. If he wouldn’t have allowed Jimmy G to fold by calling deep pass plays instead of running the ball ( which was quite effective that game), he would’ve milked the clock and not left much time on the clock for a miracle to happen. But instead he calls pass after pass getting Jimmy G pressured and hit which gave KC the ball back quickly. Mahomes was hot garbage in the super bowl. Anyone saying otherwise is a damn liar.

keysersoze

Reaction score
It’s crazy how our posts are twisted and misquoted just to make them feel better. All we are saying is that Dak is more than good enough to win a ring. He’s much better than a few SB winning quarterbacks and he’s shown improvement. His performance under MM will tell us a lot about his progress.

Flamma

Reaction score
You pay because it’s market value for quarterbacks who have yet to commandeer a losing season. It’s funny how Romo got paid and none of you cried about it. In all actuality Romo needed more to succeed. Every damn season you guys were sniveling about Romo needing something and someone else to be successful. No matter what we gave him he never won more than a wildcard game. Then after Dak engineered an 11 game win streak you guys want Romo to step in and finish the season based on fairytales about what he COULD’VE DONE, that he hasn’t done in his previous 10 seasons. This bs is just silly and ignorant.

I didn't whine about Romo getting paid because I wasn't on any Cowboys forum. I still wouldn't have because I think he was by far a better QB than Dak. I just go by having watched both play. Just like I can tell Mahomes is better than Andy Dalton. But I was not in favor of Romo coming back to replace Dak in 2016 anymore than I was in favor of Steve Beuerlein replacing Troy Aikman in 1991. You stick with the hot hand. But that doesn't mean I thought Steve was better than Troy.

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Lol!!! Great points. I think the SBMVP should go to Shannahan. If he wouldn’t have allowed Jimmy G to fold by calling deep pass plays instead of running the ball ( which was quite effective that game), he would’ve milked the clock and not left much time on the clock for a miracle to happen. But instead he calls pass after pass getting Jimmy G pressured and hit which gave KC the ball back quickly. Mahomes was hot garbage in the super bowl. Anyone saying otherwise is a damn liar.
I have neuropathy nerve damage from the military. My fingers stink when I type like these things be stings. So I rely on speak and text. Sometimes Google doesn’t hear the words I’m saying correctly and prints what it likes. Prince. I appreciate you looking through that. Some people Slimmy from my pronunciation. But I’ve been posting on cowboy fan forms for over 10 years. This Forum and the old one. So most people that normally let it slide. Again I appreciate it. That you didn’t

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I didn't whine about Romo getting paid because I wasn't on any Cowboys forum. I still wouldn't have because I think he was by far a better QB than Dak. I just go by having watched both play. Just like I can tell Mahomes is better than Andy Dalton. But I was not in favor of Romo coming back to replace Dak in 2016 anymore than I was in favor of Steve Beuerlein replacing Troy Aikman in 1991. You stick with the hot hand. But that doesn't mean I thought Steve was better than Troy.
Romo being better than Prescott. And someways yes and someways know. I still don’t know what we have in this quarterback because of the scheme and the coach. The next couple years should be a true indicator

Whirlwin

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Some fans use the term "System" QB in a derogatory way, but the vast majority of NFL QBs are. And even the high level and elite ones still have very good to great teams.
I think the problem is people have a different meaning for what elite is. Me elite is the team doesn’t survive without you you are the team. And In two daysNFL you don’t win without having a solid team. No more individual heroes in this game. Elite gone with the wind

Reactions: G2

Flamma

Reaction score
Romo being better than Prescott. And someways yes and someways know. I still don’t know what we have in this quarterback because of the scheme and the coach. The next couple years should be a true indicator

I agree. It wouldn't surprise me if Dak broke out. He's been under Garrett this entire time. The last three seasons I've seen uninspired football from the Cowboys. Not all the time, but much of the time. That's a Garrett trend. Hard to thrive as a QB like that.

Brax

Reaction score
You need to get a understanding of the NFL because if you think Dak is "average" you have no idea how to gauge the position. At his age Dak is one of the best quarterbacks this league has seen. That's just facts. Check any stat you want, check any record you want. Whatever you need to do. At Dak's age of 26-27 there aren't many more that have been better than him at this point in his career.
Everyone has a opinion and they range from elite to average so you need to understand the NFL and how Dak is viewed. The truth lies somewhere in between, it is not a insult to say Dak is average to good unless you are very sensitive like so many on this board. More importantly Stay safe.

keysersoze

Reaction score
I have neuropathy nerve damage from the military. My fingers stink when I type like these things be stings. So I rely on speak and text. Sometimes Google doesn’t hear the words I’m saying correctly and prints what it likes. Prince. I appreciate you looking through that. Some people Slimmy from my pronunciation. But I’ve been posting on cowboy fan forms for over 10 years. This Forum and the old one. So most people that normally let it slide. Again I appreciate it. That you didn’t
You’re welcome. I’m a survivor of a ruptured brain aneurysm. I’ve been through similar stuff. I’m not the grammar police and if I know what you meant then it’s all good. Some folks just do that to deflect. You know?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Everyone has a opinion and they range from elite to average so you need to understand the NFL and how Dak is viewed. The truth lies somewhere in between, it is not a insult to say Dak is average to good unless you are very sensitive like so many on this board. More importantly Stay safe.
If you think he’s average that’s fine. But there is nothing out there that points to him being average.

kskboys

Reaction score
Do you really think the offside penalty was the reason they lost . Nothing to do with him running backwards for his life most of the day. The kid is a big game Hail Mary Choke They should’ve given the award to the full back from San Francisco even though they lost. Stop with this Mahomes hero garbage. McNabb was a decent quarterback. If he doesn’t get drunk the night before the Super Bowl you might win that game. Yep Prescotts a winner make no mistake about it. Go watch the Super Bowl again. Overthrows on the throes aiming the football. It was brutally painful to watch how bad he was. Although I’m glad Kansas City one because I don’t want to San Francisco to have another ring. The wide receiver should’ve got it way before Mahomes. LMAO. Watch the tape again delusional.
Chris Jones was the clear MVP of that game.