The folks that want Pitts, Sewell, Slater

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
He'a the last resort at the price. 2 quality CBs which is a high paid position on rookie scale.. that goes a very long way. cap dollars don't grow on trees. Now we're gonna hit the "after draft bargain bin" and find a steal? Or in desperate times just trade next years first come October?
We still have Jourdan Lewis and Reggie Robinson II, let's not forget that fact. Plus we can draft Shaun Wade or Erik Stokes in the second. CB's Kelvin Joseph or Paulson Adebo could be our targets in the third. So if we don't take Surtain or Horn in the first, all is not lost.

If Sewell or Pitts is not there at ten, that's when we go defensive or trade back, IMO.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
If Smith and Collins plays the season, then Slater brings nothing. Surtain is day 1 starter
That's mainly what I'm saying.
Very true and I agree. And my point is that a Slater pick that would bring long term value to the Oline and as I mentioned, the team is not one year away from truly competing.

Bigdog

Reaction score
I love Surtain and he’s been my pick from day one. But you can draft another corner in rounds 2-3 and find production. You can also sign a free agent for production. Now, they likely won’t be long term / as well rounded as Surtain.

Pitts and Sewell are blue chip players. Hard to pass on them.

I can’t pass over Surtain for Slater
Exactly. Pitts and Sewell are prime players and there is really only 3 in this draft. If they fall to 10 you pick them. If Surtain falls and the other two aren’t there, you pick him. There are some really good CBs in this draft that you can get in the 2nd and 3rd rounds

Dre11

Reaction score
What about finding a 3rd WR and a starting tight end?
We have a starting TE, even if Jarwin isn't what we thought he could be Shultz was a capable starter in 2020. But we could have 2 already and they don't need to force balls to them.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
We have a starting TE, even if Jarwin isn't what we thought he could be Shultz was a capable starter in 2020. But we could have 2 already and they don't need to force balls to them.
Going to have to give Schultz a contract after the season that will probably be more expensive then Pitts.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Don't care about the CB position? Right now we have one starter on the roster at CB and I'm not fond of a rookie starter there, but we passed on veteran CBs in Free agency so right now the only way to get one seems to be the draft. If we draft Slater, Sewell or Pitts, we lose Surtain and Joe Horn. Not only is Surtain a great pick at 10, He fits a need and arguably the BPA on defense side of the ball. Why would you do anything else on draft day but take him.?
Hear ya, but if Pitts is there I am falling all over myself turning his card in.
There is FA after the draft btw.
There are still corners out there.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
What does Okudah in Detroit have to do with Surtain, what makes you think the two situations are comparable? Saints drafted Lattimore and he's become one of the top corners in the league, so what's your point?, you also have a need at CB, while either lineman may sit, and Pitts could be a waste.

Okudah was a higher rated prospect than Surtain and Okudah crapped the bed his rookie year. Lot of guesses and assumptions. Take the best player available. A good lineman will not sit. Larry Allen made his way onto the field. Can easily move players around to accommodate a good player.

Dre11

Reaction score
Okudah was a higher rated prospect than Surtain and Okudah crapped the bed his rookie year. Lot of guesses and assumptions. Take the best player available. A good lineman will not sit. Larry Allen made his way onto the field. Can easily move players around to accommodate a good player.

So, Okudah also went to Detroit, again Lattimore was drafted 11, 1 spot from our pick, and is a top CB in the league, plenty highly regarded Olineman have crapped the bed, you're not moving many lineman around, there are different technique from each side of the line, it's not that easy.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
i don’t want an offensive player but if that is the much better option I’ll take it and that means only Sewell or Pitts

otherwise I trade down

no way do I take one of these over-rated CBs at 10. Surtain didn’t even do the agility drills because he knows his numbers are not good. I hope we don’t pick up one of these 2 at 10

I am not turning down a Larry Allen or Tony Gonzalez just to reach for a current need. An injury to Tyron or Collins and I would like to have Sewell. Same with Schultz or Jarwin.

Dre11

Reaction score
I am not turning down a Larry Allen or Tony Gonzalez just to reach for a current need. An injury to Tyron or Collins and I would like to have Sewell. Same with Schultz or Jarwin.

So you're drafting depth players in the top of the first just in case?

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
So, Okudah also went to Detroit, again Lattimore was drafted 11, 1 spot from our pick, and is a top CB in the league, plenty highly regarded Olineman have crapped the bed, you're not moving many lineman around, there are different technique from each side of the line, it's not that easy.

Giants drafted an OT at #4 who was supposed to be all world and he crapped the bed his rookie year. Try to find the sure thing. Is Surtain a sure thing or another Claiborne? Everyone is guessing right now. I hope the Cowboys guess right no matter who the player is.

My sure players right now are Lawrence, Pitts, Sewell, and Chase. Game changers in my opinion. Could be wrong. Time will tell.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
So you're drafting depth players in the top of the first just in case?

The cream always rises to the top. A Larry Allen and Tony Gonzalez do not stay on the bench too long. They demand playing time regardless of who is in their way.

Dre11

Reaction score
Giants drafted an OT at #4 who was supposed to be all world and he crapped the bed his rookie year. Try to find the sure thing. Is Surtain a sure thing or another Claiborne? Everyone is guessing right now. I hope the Cowboys guess right no matter who the player is.

My sure players right now are Lawrence, Pitts, Sewell, and Chase. Game changers in my opinion. Could be wrong. Time will tell.

All positions we have top players at except TE, and we may have a good there

Dre11

Reaction score
The cream always rises to the top. A Larry Allen and Tony Gonzalez do not stay on the bench too long. They demand playing time regardless of who is in their way.

Again, they're coming in to positions(except pitts) they may have to wait on, is that what you want in your top 10 player, while you still have a hole at CB