The Fraud at QB

Status
Not open for further replies.

khiladi

Reaction score
I did address that. Dez *was* one of the best in the league catching balls from Romo. As I said his last 3 years averaged 1300 yards and 13 TD. That point was evident in my post. Only when Dak became the starter did Dez drop out of sight. Coincidence? You be the judge

I absolutely agree TO is an all time great. And yet, at age 34, he still had his 2nd best season ever. Undeniable fact. All because of Romo? Of course not. But I think it's noteworthy that at 6 years older than when you said Dez was "past his prime", TO was putting up some of the best numbers of his career with a first year starter.

One more thing--I never said Dez was in his prime now. I only said he wasn't anywhere near past his prime in 2016. But you knew that

Anybody following Dez knows he had another major injury that ended his season last year and it’s more about no team willing to take a shot on his fragility now than anything else. Otherwise he would have played with the Saints..

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I did address that. Dez *was* one of the best in the league catching balls from Romo. As I said his last 3 years averaged 1300 yards and 13 TD. That point was evident in my post. Only when Dak became the starter did Dez drop out of sight. Coincidence? You be the judge

I absolutely agree TO is an all time great. And yet, at age 34, he still had his 2nd best season ever. Undeniable fact. All because of Romo? Of course not. But I think it's noteworthy that at 6 years older than when you said Dez was "past his prime", TO was putting up some of the best numbers of his career with a first year starter.

One more thing--I never said Dez was in his prime now. I only said he wasn't anywhere near past his prime in 2016. But you knew that

See your problem is assuming Dez and TO were of the same caliber. TO is a all-time great. Is Dez a all-time great?

And how did former top 10 pick Roy Williams do with the great Tony Romo? Did ok with that Jon Kitna guy.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You know what.. it is Dak's fault.. the dude stole Romo's job.. benefitted from Zeke and the OLine and then told the FO that he didn't want to compete with Romo when he got back.

Dak should have stepped aside and let Romo have his job.. spent two years riding the bench and LEARNING.. and then actually been ready to step up.

The guy is a fraud.
Actually Romo is the one who didn't want to compete for his job lol.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Anybody following Dez knows he had another major injury that ended his season last year and it’s more about no team willing to take a shot on his fragility now than anything else. Otherwise he would have played with the Saints..
No I'm referring to PRIOR to getting on the Saints. I believe the Ravens offered him a deal he didn't like but aside from that he had to wait all the way until the season to get a contract which ultimately got him hurt.

nobody

Reaction score
Look, even if you are a diehard Dakker, you have to admit he was not very good today. Yes, there were some drops, one being that first interception, but overall, he was not sharp, threw inaccurate passes, made some really bad decisions in the pocket.

I really hope we don't see a bunch of excuses this week for him. He stunk. Call it like it is and move on and hope this is his worst game of the year.

All QB's have bad games here and there...as do all players. It's just a fact of life. It's the second game the offense has struggled. We have a rookie OC. The defense can't stop the run. There are going to be struggles. Yeah, Dak stunk. So did the rest of the team. Definitely not time to hit the panic button yet.

khiladi

Reaction score
You know what.. it is Dak's fault.. the dude stole Romo's job.. benefitted from Zeke and the OLine and then told the FO that he didn't want to compete with Romo when he got back.

Dak should have stepped aside and let Romo have his job.. spent two years riding the bench and LEARNING.. and then actually been ready to step up.

The guy is a fraud.

Garrett played politics. Ever since Romo took power from him in 2014, via the new contract, he had to take a back seat. No longer could he make his people like his brother TE coach and promote him after one year to passing game coordinator and try and fit guys like Ogletree into the offense.

The success of the Cowboys 2016 was his opportunity to get rid of Romo.

zeke21

Reaction score
Actually Romo is the one who didn't want to compete for his job lol.
He shouldn't have had to.

Even reports at the time (and we spent lots of time posting about it) suggested that guys like Dez were actively pushing for Romo to come back.. and that his throws at practise were better etc etc.. but they didn't want to upset Dakota.. so Romo wasn't even allowed to take a single rep with the 1st string.

It was disgusting at the time.. and it has hurt this franchise in more ways than one.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Garrett played politics. Ever since Romo took power from him in 2014, via the new contract, he had to take a back seat. No longer could he make his people like his brother TE coach and promote him after one year to passing game coordinator and try and fit guys like Ogletree into the offense.

Hahhahahhahhaha.....as if Garrett runs this front office lol. Please. If Jerry and Stephen wanted Romo in there he would've been in there.

khiladi

Reaction score
No I'm referring to PRIOR to getting on the Saints. I believe the Ravens offered him a deal he didn't like but aside from that he had to wait all the way until the season to get a contract which ultimately got him hurt.

he wanted a one year deal to prove himself. And he has offers, but he wanted a legit play-off contender to showcase himself, so he sat and waited and the Saints called.

zeke21

Reaction score

This. And JJ just let it happen.

Now we all have to pay for it.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
He shouldn't have had to.

Even reports at the time (and we spent lots of time posting about it) suggested that guys like Dez were actively pushing for Romo to come back.. and that his throws at practise were better etc etc.. but they didn't want to upset Dakota.. so Romo wasn't even allowed to take a single rep with the 1st string.

It was disgusting at the time.. and it has hurt this franchise in more ways than one.
What article are you reading that said Dez was actively pushing because the articles I read said the locker room wanted Dak. I guess they got tired of missing the playoffs every year or being first round exit.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
he wanted a one year deal to prove himself. And he has offers, but he wanted a legit play-off contender to showcase himself, so he sat and waited and the Saints called.

EXACTLY my point. No contender offered him a deal....Saints got desperate because of injuries.

khiladi

Reaction score
Hahhahahhahhaha.....as if Garrett runs this front office lol. Please. If Jerry and Stephen wanted Romo in there he would've been in there.

Garrett’s father was Jerry’s right hand man and has a video dedicated to him on the DC web-site. Jim is the reason Jerry was infatuated with Drew Henson. Jim disappeared along with Lacewell when Parcells came and when Parcells left, these two clowns came right back. Judd and the other brother were given significant roles in this organization along with Jason.

khiladi

Reaction score
EXACTLY my point. No contender offered him a deal....Saints got desperate because of injuries.

the Saints were a contender with Brees. What are you talking about? You have no point. If any place was a perfect opportunity for Dez it was with Brees throwing to him in a high powered offense.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
This. And JJ just let it happen.

Now we all have to pay for it.

We've been contending every year since. We no longer have to worry about a quarterback with back problems or game ending drives that result in a fumble and interception.

Status
Not open for further replies.