The ginger and the clapping

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I call him Ginger because I care...If he was a blond head guy I would call him blondie. End of story on that.

Again in case some missed it...I know it is silly and I know it is irrational. It is just something that irks me.

We had a Nice HC for WVU a few years back who was a little over his head and never should have been named HC to start with. He was a great human being but not HC material.
However he would do as the Ginger...ooops...red...and clap after every bad play and it drove me nuts. I knew even at that time that in the grand scheme of everything it did not mean much as far as making a team win or lose but it was still frustrating. I guess I want to see a coach get as upset over a bad play as I do even if that means he is losing his calm...but that is just not in the nature of some coaches and again just because a coach gets as upset as I do over a bad play it does not mean he is a better coach and it does not mean he is going to fix the issues.

Take for instance the current HC for WVU. He will rant and rave up and down the sidelines, pulling out what is left of his hair and he is also famous for doing the following...

http://i18.***BLOCKED***/albums/b133/BrAinPaiNt/danarage_medium_zps33012b33.gif

And of course even though he is showing emotion, even though he seems to be just as upset as I am after a bad play...we still have some of the same bad Passing and Special Teams plays game after game and wind up losing games we should have won.

This football season thus far can be boiled down to the following...

Co-Worker- What are you doing this weekend?
Me- Probably watch WVU and The Cowboys games.
Co-Worker - why would you do that?
Me - I am a masochist and need my weekly punch in the crotch.

So again...I know it is silly and irrational. I know that even if the HC is throwing a fit on the sidelines it would not make a difference if they are still losing. However it is still frustrating.

mattjames2010

Reaction score
RG3 was their number 1 draft pick. He was the expected starter going into this year after being healthy. Cousins was a back up.

Gruden benched RG3 like a coach who does something other than clap does, taking a lot of flack. He was actually trashed last week, because Cousins was so bad last gane. Gruden done more than Garrett has done the latter's whole career, which is just ridiculous.

Cousins played like trash last year as well. He's playing inconsistent this year. But he's still playing well enough to win 50% of games.

The Commanders are also facing plenty of injuries, particularly in the offensive line. Their CBs starting were backups as well going into the season and playing really well.

#1 pick in 2012, when Shanahan was the coach. Cousins was the backup from 2012 and parts of 2014. Going into the 2015 season, it was a QB battle - thus, RGIII wasn't the starter. They named Cousins the starter. They didn't pull someone off the street to replace their franchise QB - Not. The. Same. Thing.

dallasdave

Reaction score
I call him Ginger because I care...If he was a blond head guy I would call him blondie. End of story on that.

Again in case some missed it...I know it is silly and I know it is irrational. It is just something that irks me.

We had a Nice HC for WVU a few years back who was a little over his head and never should have been named HC to start with. He was a great human being but not HC material.
However he would do as the Ginger...ooops...red...and clap after every bad play and it drove me nuts. I knew even at that time that in the grand scheme of everything it did not mean much as far as making a team win or lose but it was still frustrating. I guess I want to see a coach get as upset over a bad play as I do even if that means he is losing his calm...but that is just not in the nature of some coaches and again just because a coach gets as upset as I do over a bad play it does not mean he is a better coach and it does not mean he is going to fix the issues.

Take for instance the current HC for WVU. He will rant and rave up and down the sidelines, pulling out what is left of his hair and he is also famous for doing the following...

And of course even though he is showing emotion, even though he seems to be just as upset as I am after a bad play...we still have some of the same bad Passing and Special Teams plays game after game and wind up losing games we should have won.

So again...I know it is silly and irrational. I know that even if the HC is throwing a fit on the sidelines it would not make a difference if they are still losing. However it is still frustrating.

:clap:

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score

Hey, it's Dana Hologram!
CQmPvGWUsAAK_Nt.png:large

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Cousins is a backup who happens to be starting because the guy they mortgaged their future for is a self absorbed bust. Lets not pretend that there were 2 guys battling it out for a position. Cousins is "starting" because of how bad the other guy was, not because of how good he was.

There is no "pretending" - it was in fact a QB battle in camp, Cousins won.

And what exactly is your point? Backups get the starting job if the starter fails? Well...yeah! How the hell do you think Romo got the starting job?

DenCWBY

Reaction score
It's something many coaches do in practice.

It just means "let's go, be alert, have a sense of urgency".

More like, "Don't worry, we'll have a paycheck, a McDonalds happy meal and a blue ribbon for you after the game. Everyone's a champion".

khiladi

Reaction score
#1 pick in 2012, when Shanahan was the coach. Cousins was the backup from 2012 and parts of 2014. Going into the 2015 season, it was a QB battle - thus, RGIII wasn't the starter. They named Cousins the starter. They didn't pull someone off the street to replace their franchise QB - Not. The. Same. Thing.

I know when RG3 was drafted and I know the story behind Cousins and none of that is relevant to the point. Do you even know what the point is?

The Commanders are winning with a guy they got to BACKUP RG3. He was playing awful last year, when RG3 was benched for playing awful.

Cousins is winning now at 50%.

Weeden wasn't pulled off the street nor was Cassell. Weeden was a number 1 draft pick recently. Both were starters in the league and Cassell had a winning season and they still were in the league. Cassell was gotten in a trade.

And they haven't won with either yet..

mattjames2010

Reaction score
I know when RG3 was drafted and I know the story behind Cousins and none of that is relevant to the point. Do you even know what the point is?

The Commanders are winning with a guy they got to BACKUP RG3. He was playing awful last year, when RG3 was benched for playing awful.

Cousins is winning now at 50%.

Weeden wasn't pulled off the street nor was Cassell. Weeden was a number 1 draft pick recently. Both were starters in the league and Cassell had a winning season and they still were in the league. Cassell was gotten in a trade.

And they haven't won with either yet..

It. Doesn't. MATTER!

Cousins didn't go into the season as a backup! He went into the season as the starter, getting starter reps, been with the team for 4 years. He's not the backup! They aren't winning with a freakin' backup! They are winning with their STARTER.

JESUS. This is like saying, "Romo was behind Bledsoe back in 2006. So, we are winning with our backup!".

khiladi

Reaction score
It. Doesn't. MATTER!

Cousins didn't go into the season as a backup! He went into the season as the starter, getting starter reps, been with the team for 4 years. He's not the backup! They aren't winning with a freakin' backup! They are winning with their STARTER.

JESUS. This is like saying, "Romo was behind Bledsoe back in 2006. So, we are winning with our backup!".

They are winning with a guy that was a back-up, who is now starting because RG3 sucked so bad...

What "teams"? Show me teams in the same position as us, losing their QB early on, that stayed afloat.

Staying afloat means in playoff competition. Your simply trying to absolve this team of losing every game because Romo isn't here, which is utterly stupid. There are plenty of QBs that took over and won enough games. Buerlein took us into the playoffs after Troy Aikman went down. Hostetler won the SB. The example you 'refuted' with Cassell was a QB who started in the beginning of the year, because Brady went down. He wasn't declared a starter because he beat Brady in camp.

Weeden was a starter, drafted first round and Cassell also started and was not 'off the street'. They haven't won and Cousins has won 50% of their games.

NONE of these QBs were off the street...

WE HAVEN'T WON A SINGLE GAME. Hell, even Kitna won us some games despite being like 100 years old.

Last edited:

BourbonBalz

Star4Ever
Reaction score
I know it is silly and irrational for it to bother me so much but when he is doing it after a bad play I just want to smack the freckles off his face and yell... STOP IT

He's about as inspiring as a dead turtle on the highway.