The goat, where does Prescott really rank

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Bradys the GOAT. But Dak will show, yet again, that he can hold his own against the best of them. Brady had great teams behind him. Dak has had awful teams behind him.

Dak has had awful teams? Are you serious? Stop with the excuses. Brady never had an OL as good as what Dak had as best I can remember.

Dak has had all the weapons he needed to get a ring. He just hasn’t done it to date. No excuses.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dan Marino made a Super Bowl though.
In his early years and based on the team he went to because he was not drafted high in the 1st round. He seldom had the team around him and I think part of that was because he didn't want it. I think he enjoyed being the guy and going up against Elway and Kelly.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Dak has had awful teams? Are you serious? Stop with the excuses. Brady never had an OL as good as what Dak had as best I can remember.

Dak has had all the weapons he needed to get a ring. He just hasn’t done it to date. No excuses.
You are 100% correct.

Another thing, Dak has never made the playoffs without his RB winning the rushing title. Has Brady ever had a RB win a rushing title?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Yes, except for his rookie year, Dak has had AWFUL teams.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Much is made here with records and stats but to me, there really is only one comparison, how did they do against the true contenders. Right now, that's TB, NE, MIN, KC, NO and WAS because they are the defending division champ.

How does this high octane offense perform against the better defenses? How does the QB play against not only the better defenses but the better QB's because that matters to every one of them.

I am glad they are opening at TB to kick off the season, even though that's just for the ratings. We do not need to measure them; they need to measure themselves against the best, that's how confidence gets built and I don't care what they say to the media, they do not have the necessary confidence yet. They can get some in TB but they have to build on that and sustain it.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score

Just because you put out lies like this doesn't mean it's true. It's not and everyone but the haters like you know it.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Much is made here with records and stats but to me, there really is only one comparison, how did they do against the true contenders. Right now, that's TB, NE, MIN, KC, NO and WAS because they are the defending division champ.

How does this high octane offense perform against the better defenses? How does the QB play against not only the better defenses but the better QB's because that matters to every one of them.

I am glad they are opening at TB to kick off the season, even though that's just for the ratings. We do not need to measure them; they need to measure themselves against the best, that's how confidence gets built and I don't care what they say to the media, they do not have the necessary confidence yet. They can get some in TB but they have to build on that and sustain it.
17-20 against the Rams is the only true look we've seen from this offense against a good defense.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
2020 he was hurt
2019 he was 10th
2018 he was 14th
2017 he was 17th
2016 he was 3rd

I would give anything to go back to the super efficient dual threat QB in a run first offense like we had in 2016. The last time we had success. Sad news my friend it ain't happening. Dak is gonna throw over 600 times.
Him and the team are at their best when he's just a game manager.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2020 he was hurt
2019 he was 10th
2018 he was 14th
2017 he was 17th
2016 he was 3rd

I would give anything to go back to the super efficient dual threat QB in a run first offense like we had in 2016. The last time we had success. Sad news my friend it ain't happening. Dak is gonna throw over 600 times.
That's 35 a game, which is not out of the question but they need 25 rushes per game to go along with that.

They need 60 offensive plays per game, giving 2 possessions per quarter, that's 8 drives and half of them need to end up with TD's. In order to really achieve that, they need to crank up the turnovers and get some bonus possessions.

I do think they'll have to score at least 510 points for the season and they are capable of that.....if healthy. That should give them 10-11 wins and I think 11 wins the East.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
Yes, except for his rookie year, Dak has had AWFUL teams.

We are in the pre-vacation stage, so hype is ok.

Just checking, are the 2021 Dallas Cowboys an awful team right now?

And what percentage does a QB account for when you rank a team as awful? They are the highest paid players and have the ball in their hands 50% of the time and make all the audibles.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Look at Dak's pass attempts per season and compare that to the team record as it substantiates your post: when Dak throws more the team simply does not win at a successful rate.
100% correct.

I say it every time and will continue saying it until he proves otherwise.... Dak has NEVER lead the team to the playoffs without a RB winning the rushing tittle that season. 2016 and 2018 are the two years we've made the playoffs with Dak as our QB. Zeke won the rushing title both of those years.

MyFairLady

Reaction score

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
We are in the pre-vacation stage, so hype is ok.

Just checking, are the 2021 Dallas Cowboys an awful team right now?

And what percentage does a QB account for when you rank a team as awful? They are the highest paid players and have the ball in their hands 50% of the time and make all the audibles.
We don't know about this years team as they haven't even played yet. I don't rank players. It's a team sport. It takes all 3 phases and all 54 players. People who put it all on one player have no clue what team sports is all about.