The goat, where does Prescott really rank

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
A better line than Tyron Smith, Fredbeard, Martin, and Collins? Brady had a better OL than that? I’m curious to see who tops that OL.

Weapons? Dez, Cooper, Witten, Gallup, Elliott, Pollard, and Lamb. Terrance Williams and Butler weren’t chopped liver. Dak has had his fair share of weapons. The cupboard has never been empty.

Brady has done a whole lot more with less in my opinion.

You can still fall back on coaching as Dak’s excuse. I got nothing good to say about Garrett. :)

To say "better" is subjective. I'd rather have our offensive line especially with their age at the time. But let's not sit here and say Brady didn't have a line because he did. A stacked line at that. A well coached line.

A good line is a good line. You will win in this league with a good offensive line. There's not much difference between a good offensive line and a great one. The same holes Zeke got in 2016 were available for those Patriots backs. The same pocket available to Dak was available to Brady.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The QB is a large percentage of the team. Maybe 50% of the team. So, if Dak was on some ‘awful’ teams he had the largest percentage of why that team was awful.

Hint: Dak wasn’t awful and Dak did not play on any awful teams. My take is Dak was mediocre and the teams were slightly better than mediocre. Could also be that Dak was slightly better than mediocre and the teams were mediocre. Not a whole lot of difference either way.
50%? :lmao::lmao: That tells me right there to end this convo with you.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
To say "better" is subjective. I'd rather have our offensive line especially with their age at the time. But let's not sit here and say Brady didn't have a line because he did. A stacked line at that. A well coached line.

A good line is a good line. You will win in this league with a good offensive line. There's not much difference between a good offensive line and a great one. The same holes Zeke got in 2016 were available for those Patriots backs. The same pocket available to Dak was available to Brady.

Given similar tool boxes, I’m would have been hiring Brady to get the job done. Brady is too old so I would hire Dak this year. Not if he wanted $15M more than Brady though.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Vikings, yeah he was good that game.

The Rams game is the prefect Dak game in my opinion. He was a great game manager, which is when we are at our best. He completed 15 passes for 215 yards, and 2 TDs (He did fumble though). While Zeke had 117 yards and 2 TDs. Perfect game.

The Eagles though? He wasn't good either time we played them in 2019. Those two games combined he had 504 yards, 1 TD, 1 rushing TD, 1 INT, and 1 fumble. I'd hardly call that even alright.

Those were 4 very different Dak games, two good (for different reasons) and two stinkers. Which brings me back to the consistency part. He doesn't have to play lights out against good defenses, but just don't put up stinkers.

The best Dak is when he reverts to rookie Dak and plays game manager. That's when the whole team is playing at it's best.
The last Eagles game he wasn't good in but the first one he had a 100 QB rating....they won 37-10....had 240 yards 2 Touchdowns(1 rushing, 1 passing). That doesn't qualify as a stinker.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
50%? :lmao::lmao: That tells me right there to end this convo with you.

That is right. Up to 50%. Care to guess what GB will be like with Love instead of Rodgers? TB with Trask instead of Brady? Haskins instead of Roth? Buffalo with Trubisky instead of Allen? Shall I go on or do you get the point? Ask yourself why teams pay QBs so much money.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Given similar tool boxes, I’m would have been hiring Brady to get the job done. Brady is too old so I would hire Dak this year. Not if he wanted $15M more than Brady though.
It depends. On this team i'd rather have Dak. If I had the Buccanners team...i'd probably take Brady if he was 15 million cheaper.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
The QB is a large percentage of the team. Maybe 50% of the team. So, if Dak was on some ‘awful’ teams he had the largest percentage of why that team was awful.

Hint: Dak wasn’t awful and Dak did not play on any awful teams. My take is Dak was mediocre and the teams were slightly better than mediocre. Could also be that Dak was slightly better than mediocre and the teams were mediocre. Not a whole lot of difference either way.
50% is extremely high especially for a Cowboy fan that for the past 20 years has seen Romo and Dak struggle to win consistently with inconsistent special teams, poor coaching and poor to ok defenses.....

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
50% is extremely high especially for a Cowboy fan that for the past 20 years has seen Romo and Dak struggle to win consistently with inconsistent special teams, poor coaching and poor to ok defenses.....

What is the likely record difference between Rodgers and Love in GB? 12-5 for one and 5-12 for the other. I would say that is a HUGE percentage one player changes a team. From a really good team to an awful team.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
The last Eagles game he wasn't good in but the first one he had a 100 QB rating....they won 37-10....had 240 yards 2 Touchdowns(1 rushing, 1 passing). That doesn't qualify as a stinker.
That first Philly game could be considered another one of his decent game manager games I guess. He had a INT and a fumble in that game also. I wouldn't look at that game and think it was a good game by any means. It's not as bad as the second Philly game, but if you only saw Daks stats there's no way you would have said "yup, we win that game with those numbers from Dak".

But once again though, Zeke with 22 carries for 111 yards, 6 catches for 36 yards, and 2 total TDs. Zeke was the focal point and we win in dominating fashion, just like the Rams game. It's so easy to see what works and what should be the focus.

It is proven over and over again when Dak takes a back seat we have much more success.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
What is the likely record difference between Rodgers and Love in GB? 12-5 for one and 5-12 for the other. I would say that is a HUGE percentage one player changes a team. From a really good team to an awful team.
It doesn't work that way though. But the defense means just as much as Rodgers......for instance if Love is....subpar.....and the defense is playing top 10.....that's worth more than 5 wins. If Rodgers is on point and the defense is bad.......in the past that's been good enough for about 9 or 10 wins. Let's remember that Rodgers had far more 10 win seasons then he did 13 win seasons.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
That is right. Up to 50%. Care to guess what GB will be like with Love instead of Rodgers? TB with Trask instead of Brady? Haskins instead of Roth? Buffalo with Trubisky instead of Allen? Shall I go on or do you get the point? Ask yourself why teams pay QBs so much money.
You're entitled to your opinion. I think it's ridiculous.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
That first Philly game could be considered another one of his decent game manager games I guess. He had a INT and a fumble in that game also. I wouldn't look at that game and think it was a good game by any means. It's not as bad as the second Philly game, but if you only saw Daks stats there's no way you would have said "yup, we win that game with those numbers from Dak".

But once again though, Zeke with 22 carries for 111 yards, 6 catches for 36 yards, and 2 total TDs. Zeke was the focal point and we win in dominating fashion, just like the Rams game. It's so easy to see what works and what should be the focus.

It is proven over and over again when Dak takes a back seat we have much more success.

But its not like Dak intentionally takes a back seat lol. The run game does not start off well.....struggles at times. Dak is then forced to pass. I Think if the Cowboys had their way they would love to have a balanced team but when you're down 14 points its kind of hard to be balanced.

For instance, in the Vikings game....its Dak's fault that Zeke had 20 carries for 47 yards?

plasticman

Reaction score
A QB is not even eligible until he has started on at least 2 SB championship teams.

If anyone is looking for the GOAT using regular season stats, then they are looking in the wrong place.

The GOAT is selected from a very small elite group that is the subset of a subset. One of the subsets is that group of players synonymous with championships.

Championships are the whole point of playing professional sports. At the end of every season there are 31 teams that fell short.

I love Dak and I hope he wins a bunch of championships for the Cowboys. However, if he was truly a contender for GOAT then he would have already begun to win championships.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
But its not like Dak intentionally takes a back seat lol. The run game does not start off well.....struggles at times. Dak is then forced to pass. I Think if the Cowboys had their way they would love to have a balanced team but when you're down 14 points its kind of hard to be balanced.

For instance, in the Vikings game....its Dak's fault that Zeke had 20 carries for 47 yards?
I said the Vikings game was good. That was my point. He can have a good game, but he's not consistent at all against good defensive teams. His numbers are drastically different against good teams then they are against bad teams. So much so, that I remember when they were posting graphics during games last year highlighting the difference between Daks numbers when the opponent is below .500 compared to when they're above .500. They wouldn't care about that graphic if the numbers didn't tell a story.

Ever since Kellen Moore took over he has been way too pass happy. Zeke only had 2 more carries last year then in the season he was suspended 6 games! That's with back up QBs playing the majority of the season. Imagine if Dak was the QB how much less they would have used Zeke. Unfortunately, I expect the trend to continue the way it's going, and at the writing of this post, that has not been a winning formula for us so far.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
It doesn't work that way though. But the defense means just as much as Rodgers......for instance if Love is....subpar.....and the defense is playing top 10.....that's worth more than 5 wins. If Rodgers is on point and the defense is bad.......in the past that's been good enough for about 9 or 10 wins. Let's remember that Rodgers had far more 10 win seasons then he did 13 win seasons.

It usually works that way. Rarely, a Dilfer drives the bus. But teams usually go the way the QBs go. If the Jags hit on Lawrence and he is another Peyton, the Jags will be good for a long while. QBs are the biggest difference makers by far. Anywhere from 40-50% of the team performance is based on the QB.

Teams have a hard time winning one game let alone many if the QB is off.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
It usually works that way. Rarely, a Dilfer drives the bus. But teams usually go the way the QBs go. If the Jags hit on Lawrence and he is another Peyton, the Jags will be good for a long while. QBs are the biggest difference makers by far. Anywhere from 40-50% of the team performance is based on the QB.

Teams have a hard time winning one game let alone many if the QB is off.
So for argument's sake.....Brees played about 18 years in the NFL....in those 18 years......he has 10 years of 10 wins or less and he has 7 seasons of winning 8 games or less...

Why does Brees have so many bad seasons?

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I said the Vikings game was good. That was my point. He can have a good game, but he's not consistent at all against good defensive teams. His numbers are drastically different against good teams then they are against bad teams. So much so, that I remember when they were posting graphics during games last year highlighting the difference between Daks numbers when the opponent is below .500 compared to when they're above .500. They wouldn't care about that graphic if the numbers didn't tell a story.

Ever since Kellen Moore took over he has been way too pass happy. Zeke only had 2 more carries last year then in the season he was suspended 6 games! That's with back up QBs playing the majority of the season. Imagine if Dak was the QB how much less they would have used Zeke. Unfortunately, I expect the trend to continue the way it's going, and at the writing of this post, that has not been a winning formula for us so far.

Isn't that true about good quarterbacks? Let's look at what Brady did last year when he played a good defense......vs. Saints 2 Touchdowns 2 Interceptions 3 sacks and a fumble.... 2nd Saints game......0 Touchdowns and 3 Interceptions.... Chicago sacked 3 times 250 yards passing 1 touchdown...a fumble......

Went on to win the Super BOwl.

garyo1954

Reaction score

Reading this morning about the projections for Love compared to Rodgers and Trevor Lawrence it seems PFF feel Love is ready. They project 4100 yards, 24 TDs, and 15 picks......similar to Rodgers first season.

Of course, projections are all over, some saying Love was a mistake and some comparing him to Herbert......

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...-trevor-lawrence-and-justin-fields/ar-AAKWPAk

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Isn't that true about good quarterbacks? Let's look at what Brady did last year when he played a good defense......vs. Saints 2 Touchdowns 2 Interceptions 3 sacks and a fumble.... 2nd Saints game......0 Touchdowns and 3 Interceptions.... Chicago sacked 3 times 250 yards passing 1 touchdown...a fumble......

Went on to win the Super BOwl.
Dak can get passes for games like that to if it ends in a Super Bowl victory instead of missing the playoffs.