The goat, where does Prescott really rank

MyFairLady

Reaction score
Here is a list of all time top 25 adjusted for era:

Steve Young 86.5 Aaron Rodgers 84.7 Roger Staubach 84.6 Joe Montana 83.8 Peyton Manning 81.0 Tom Brady 80.4 Ken Anderson 79.8 Kurt Warner 79.8 Fran Tarkenton 79.7 Tony Romo 79.2 Bob Griese 79.0 Drew Brees 78.6 Russell Wilson 78.1 Dan Marino 76.9 Philip Rivers 75.9 Ben Roethlisberger 75.7 Chad Pennington 75.4 Dan Fouts 75.4 Jim Kelly 74.9 Neil Lomax 74.9 Jeff Garcia 74.3 Daunte Culpepper 74.1 Matt Ryan 74.1 Rich Gannon 73.5 Brett Favre 73.3 Ken Stabler 73.3

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I am not even asking for the guy to be a top 5 QB. Just be a consistent top 10 QB. Of course now that he broke the bank we probably need a lot more than that to have team success but whatever.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
I am not even asking for the guy to be a top 5 QB. Just be a consistent top 10 QB. Of course now that he broke the bank we probably need a lot more than that to have team success but whatever.
I have Dak 11th on my list, but he could easily move up if he plays well.

I always say that Dak playing like a top 10 QB always depends on who his opponent is that week. If our opponent has a bottom feeder defense then he can look like a top 10 QB. If they have a top 15 defense then he looks like a QB ranked somewhere between 15-20. We need consistency from him. I expect QBs to play worse against better defenses, but Dak is TERRIBLE against top defenses.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Goat stands for greatest of all time. Would you say this is the greatest era of Cowboys football? They’ve never achieved anything close to what they’ve done in the last 5 years?

I think you gotta be the team’s best before you start thinking about the league’s best

Dak is paid like the best, therefore he must be the best.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score

Brax

Reaction score
Tom Brady, his teams have won against ,Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers. In the playoffs. Not to mention Drew Brees, Russell Wilson, and others obviously . Are you the best simply because you beat the best. Or you have the best numbers, statistics. I can’t wait for the season opener. Prescott has gone into Pittsburgh and beat Rothlisberger in his own house. We beat Aaron Rodgers in his own house. And we went down to New Orleans and beat them also . It’s time to beat Tom Brady, and Patrick Mahomes , this season. Yeah I know it’s about playoffs and championships. But that’s more about team and coaching. No this is not another Prescott thread. This is what gives you the right to be called the best.
GOAT, Dak in the same sentence come on he has done nothing, thanks for the laugh.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I have Dak 11th on my list, but he could easily move up if he plays well.

I always say that Dak playing like a top 10 QB always depends on who his opponent is that week. If our opponent has a bottom feeder defense then he can look like a top 10 QB. If they have a top 15 defense then he looks like a QB ranked somewhere between 15-20. We need consistency from him. I expect QBs to play worse against better defenses, but Dak is TERRIBLE against top defenses.
He did alright against a few top defenses in 2019.....Vikings, Eagles, Rams........his best game of that season was probably against the Vikings.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Anyone pumping Daks tire based on an all time passer rating without adjusting for era is either totally clueless or completely shady.

No YOU ARE the one who brought up passer rating...you said you'd be happy with him being top 10.......and he's top 10 OF ALL TIME. Right there with Brady, Brees, Cousins, etc. You are waiting to see something he's done more than once.

Swagger

Reaction score
Here is a list of all time top 25 adjusted for era:

Steve Young 86.5 Aaron Rodgers 84.7 Roger Staubach 84.6 Joe Montana 83.8 Peyton Manning 81.0 Tom Brady 80.4 Ken Anderson 79.8 Kurt Warner 79.8 Fran Tarkenton 79.7 Tony Romo 79.2 Bob Griese 79.0 Drew Brees 78.6 Russell Wilson 78.1 Dan Marino 76.9 Philip Rivers 75.9 Ben Roethlisberger 75.7 Chad Pennington 75.4 Dan Fouts 75.4 Jim Kelly 74.9 Neil Lomax 74.9 Jeff Garcia 74.3 Daunte Culpepper 74.1 Matt Ryan 74.1 Rich Gannon 73.5 Brett Favre 73.3 Ken Stabler 73.3
Romo in the top 10...but I thought he was hopeless? Or at least that's what most people on here try to claim...

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Dak has had awful teams? Are you serious? Stop with the excuses. Brady never had an OL as good as what Dak had as best I can remember.

Dak has had all the weapons he needed to get a ring. He just hasn’t done it to date. No excuses.
You are high. Brady had some GREAT offensive lines.....

Dak's weapons that y'all are hyping up are the same guys you guys complained about weekly...Brice Butler, Dez, Witten, Terrance Williams......cut it out.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
This is your chance to offer an opinion on how you get to be the best.
Its not, "Please attempt to argue over an opinion."

Do you have an opinion?

Im asking you to explain YOUR opinion. But if YOU want to start an argument, I guess that is what you are going to do.

The best QB's are the ones that play QB the best. That includes the following:

-Throwing the football
-Leadership
-Clutch play

Winning often goes along with that and great stats often go along with that. But not always.

garyo1954

Reaction score
Im asking you to explain YOUR opinion. But if YOU want to start an argument, I guess that is what you are going to do.

The best QB's are the ones that play QB the best. That includes the following:

-Throwing the football
-Leadership
-Clutch play

Winning often goes along with that and great stats often go along with that. But not always.

Why would care?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
He did alright against a few top defenses in 2019.....Vikings, Eagles, Rams........his best game of that season was probably against the Vikings.
Vikings, yeah he was good that game.

The Rams game is the prefect Dak game in my opinion. He was a great game manager, which is when we are at our best. He completed 15 passes for 215 yards, and 2 TDs (He did fumble though). While Zeke had 117 yards and 2 TDs. Perfect game.

The Eagles though? He wasn't good either time we played them in 2019. Those two games combined he had 504 yards, 1 TD, 1 rushing TD, 1 INT, and 1 fumble. I'd hardly call that even alright.

Those were 4 very different Dak games, two good (for different reasons) and two stinkers. Which brings me back to the consistency part. He doesn't have to play lights out against good defenses, but just don't put up stinkers.

The best Dak is when he reverts to rookie Dak and plays game manager. That's when the whole team is playing at it's best.

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
We don't know about this years team as they haven't even played yet. I don't rank players. It's a team sport. It takes all 3 phases and all 54 players. People who put it all on one player have no clue what team sports is all about.

The QB is a large percentage of the team. Maybe 50% of the team. So, if Dak was on some ‘awful’ teams he had the largest percentage of why that team was awful.

Hint: Dak wasn’t awful and Dak did not play on any awful teams. My take is Dak was mediocre and the teams were slightly better than mediocre. Could also be that Dak was slightly better than mediocre and the teams were mediocre. Not a whole lot of difference either way.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
This lady doesn't get into the MAHOMES hype. He's been one of the fortunate ones with a great O line & coaching staff. When you have both, it's hard to lose. (see Nick Foles SB championship) IF he were invincible, HE would have won KC's 2nd SB. See what happens when just 2 members from your O line are missing? Mr. Invincible was running like a deer in headlights. Couldn't even toss a TD. Exactly why this is a team sport, not a one player game.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
*presently? He's proved out to be more than just a "flash in the pan" by virtue of that fat-azz'd contract he's recently inked, now, him being some scatter-shot/ wobble down the barrel projo of inaccurate disappointment,or, the powerhouse projectile of rifled #4 bore , guaranteed to drop 'em dead within 100 yds?,,, Well, that history is gonna write itself, regardless o_O

* some might have had to of fielded their ol' flinch-lock fusil to figure out the non-fiction found within this targets framed narrative*:starspin:

TwoCentPlain

Numbnuts
Reaction score
You are high. Brady had some GREAT offensive lines.....

Dak's weapons that y'all are hyping up are the same guys you guys complained about weekly...Brice Butler, Dez, Witten, Terrance Williams......cut it out.

A better line than Tyron Smith, Fredbeard, Martin, and Collins? Brady had a better OL than that? I’m curious to see who tops that OL.

Weapons? Dez, Cooper, Witten, Gallup, Elliott, Pollard, and Lamb. Terrance Williams and Butler weren’t chopped liver. Dak has had his fair share of weapons. The cupboard has never been empty.

Brady has done a whole lot more with less in my opinion.

You can still fall back on coaching as Dak’s excuse. I got nothing good to say about Garrett. :)