The goat, where does Prescott really rank

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
No it’s not affect my cowboy brother. It’s an opinion. And right now it might be true. What’s wrong with being a gay manager. The great ones have done it and won rings
There's nothing wrong with being a game manager.

That's what I want Dak to be. That's what Dak is best at.

I don't want him throwing the ball 40-50 times a game. If he's doing that then we are probably losing.

kskboys

Reaction score
REally? I look foolish? Going back to 2009, the sb winner has scored: 27,31,31,21,34,43, 28, 24,34,41, 13, 31 and 31 points.
So in the last 12 seasons, you could argue that 2 of those teams relied on the defense. Obviously, a team wins the games, but of those 12 scores, the defense was clearly not the thing that put them over the top.

Tell me some more how I a m foolish. Oh, I am sure you will, even though those numbers suggest otherwise.
Very foolish.

Just looking back: TB won due to D. KC won due to D. NE won due to D. Eagles: Ah, there's one that didn't!!! Next NE won because of D. DEN won because of D. NE won because of D.

Yes, very foolish. Teams w/o D do not win super bowls.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Very foolish.

Just looking back: TB won due to D. KC won due to D. NE won due to D. Eagles: Ah, there's one that didn't!!! Next NE won because of D. DEN won because of D. NE won because of D.

Yes, very foolish. Teams w/o D do not win super bowls.
So Brady and Mahomes are just game managers :lmao:

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
What? How in the world did you get there? Are you drinking this morning?
No but you apparently are. You’ve called Brady the GOAT in the past and have slobbered over Mahomes. Now your saying the defense won those Super Bowls.

kskboys

Reaction score
No but you apparently are. You’ve called Brady the GOAT in the past and have slobbered over Mahomes. Now your saying the defense won those Super Bowls.
No, I have not. And no, I have not.

You are getting me mixed up w/ someone else.

D wins super bowls. I have never changed my stance.

If not drinking, drugs?

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
If you get 40 million per year you are no longer a feel good 4th round draft pick story. You either win the super bowl or you are a failure. Win it just once and you are a legend forever.
Bingo.

No excuses. It's time to actually earn the praise that some here already heap upon him every waking breath.

But let's be real, as long as Dak puts up pretty stats, win or lose, those that already have crowed him will be perfectly satisfied. They're Dak fans more the Cowboy fans after all.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with being a game manager.

That's what I want Dak to be. That's what Dak is best at.

I don't want him throwing the ball 40-50 times a game. If he's doing that then we are probably losing.
anybody throwing 40-50 times a game is bad. any team. that's usually equivalent to you are losing and trying to catch up...30-35 throws. 25-30 runs...

Reid1boys

Reaction score
So Brady and Mahomes are just game managers :lmao:
thank god Mahomes has that great Chiefs defense. Boy, That great Bucs d led them to exactly//.......... ZERO playoff appearances in like the previous 40 years prior to Brady showing up. Yep, defense is where its at.

Using 1 game to determine how a team won aSB is ,.... FOOLISH. Defense used to win Championships, not any longer. Now, if you have an all time great defense... thats a different issue.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
If you get 40 million per year you are no longer a feel good 4th round draft pick story. You either win the super bowl or you are a failure. Win it just once and you are a legend forever.

It's true. You are graded off a different set of books.

kskboys

Reaction score
thank god Mahomes has that great Chiefs defense. Boy, That great Bucs d led them to exactly//.......... ZERO playoff appearances in like the previous 40 years prior to Brady showing up. Yep, defense is where its at.

Using 1 game to determine how a team won aSB is ,.... FOOLISH. Defense used to win Championships, not any longer. Now, if you have an all time great defense... thats a different issue.
Even more foolishness.

You see, absolutely no one is saying it takes just a D. You are saying it's just the QB, which is beyond foolish.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Even more foolishness.

You see, absolutely no one is saying it takes just a D. You are saying it's just the QB, which is beyond foolish.
Ive never seen a qb play by himself...... trying to say I said all you need is a qb is foolish.... without a great D, you can win, and teams often win a SB, but it is far more rare for a team to win with joe avg qb. Facts are facts. I look at the SB winners like I did, and calculate the % of SB winners from 1992 on that had a HOF qb, or soon to be HOF qb... then get back to me.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Ive never seen a qb play by himself...... trying to say I said all you need is a qb is foolish.... without a great D, you can win, and teams often win a SB, but it is far more rare for a team to win with joe avg qb. Facts are facts. I look at the SB winners like I did, and calculate the % of SB winners from 1992 on that had a HOF qb, or soon to be HOF qb... then get back to me.
Why just from 1992?

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Slobbering is totally allowed over QBs who have actually been part of a Super Bowl-winning team.
But not for a bus driver who has won squat.

The diff: Winners such as Mahomes, Brady, Rogers, Wilson and even Dilfer. Also-rans and hangers-on like Dak, Wentz and James Winston are not GOATS, they just stink up a room like one.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Why just from 1992?
The game has changed drastically. Go back to the 70s and defenses ruled the day. Back then, DBs mauled WRs all over the field, they knocked the living hell out of QBs well after the play, Safetys took the heads off of WRs coming over the middle, even when they didnt catch a ball. I just used 1992 as a starting point when rules slowly started changing to favor the offense. Doesnt have to be 92, but I just grabbed that as more reflective of today's game. Go look at the film of Jack Tatum and George Atkinson back in the day to see why defenses used to rule the day.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
The game has changed drastically. Go back to the 70s and defenses ruled the day. Back then, DBs mauled WRs all over the field, they knocked the living hell out of QBs well after the play, Safetys took the heads off of WRs coming over the middle, even when they didnt catch a ball. I just used 1992 as a starting point when rules slowly started changing to favor the offense. Doesnt have to be 92, but I just grabbed that as more reflective of today's game. Go look at the film of Jack Tatum and George Atkinson back in the day to see why defenses used to rule the day.
Narrowing the sample size is disingenuous and fails any scientific study rules of law.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Narrowing the sample size is disingenuous and fails any scientific study rules of law.
its not disingenuous at all. Comparing 60,70, and 80s football to todays game is not disingenuous, its idiotic.
Here is the list of 5000 yard passers:
1. Peyton Manning: 5,477 in 2013

2. Drew Brees: 5,476 in 2011

3. Tom Brady: 5,235 in 2011

4. Drew Brees: 5,208 in 2016

5. Drew Brees: 5,177 in 2012

6. Drew Brees: 5, 162 in 2013

7. Dan Marino: 5,084 in 1984

8. Drew Brees: 5,069 in 2008

9. Matthew Stafford: 5,038 in 2011

Steelers' veteran quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, who is on track to break 5,000-yards in 2018, came just 48 yards shy in 2014 when he passed for a career-high 4,952 yards. Drew Brees was also 48 yards short and missed making yet another appearance on the 5K club list in that same season.

The Falcons' Matt Ryan, Giants' Eli Manning, former Commanders QB Kirk Courins (now with the Vikings) and former Cowboys QB Tony Romo have all come within 100 yards of 5,000 but failed to crack the barrier.

The bolded was copied from an article. Do you think it is a coincidence that nobody threw for 5k yards for 27 years after Marino, and then pow..... a qb does it or threatens to do it basically every year now? Why? Because the rules have changed in a way that makes passing much, much easier. So comparing offenses, qbs, and Super Bowl winners of the "Old days," with the more modern game isnt disingenuous, its foolish.

jnday

Reaction score
Ive seen nearly 5 years of him so it’s easy to project what he will be going forward.

Dak is a game manager and not a guy that’s going to go win us a game unless we’re playing a bottom feeder.
The team definitely won games and was a better team when Dak was being a bus driver and the offense was centered around Zeke. I know all of the stat lovers don’t want to hear it, but those stats have not translated to wins.