zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
All the evidence is out there. .

Princess_Bride_That_Word.jpg

T-RO

Reaction score
Whew, tough thread and tough times.

I'd encourage everyone to step it down a notch with the dogmatism (and related insults) as we simply don't know what happened.

There are reasons to believe (and to disbelieve) both Zeke and Tiffany here.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
He's not liable, because he has not been convicted in a civil case. And please, you brought up your sister-in-law like it has something remotely to do with this case. It does not and if it has a bearing on how you feel about this case then you have a biased view!

UNREAL

First, the NFLs ruling is somewhat the ruling of a civil case would be in finding liability. That's where I was going with that.

Second. If you could learn how to read everything I said and not just comment I never said that I compared my sister-in laws case to Elliotts. It also doesn't make me have a biased view. I was clearly giving an incident on not only how I can read people but on how girls will not come right out and stay with the garbage they feel attached to.

There needs to be some evidence presented. If evidence is presented, and Elliott did in fact commit a crime, then banish him now. Fine. Giving Elliott a 6 game suspension for DV is like 1st and goal at the 1 inch line. A TD is inevitable, much like a banishment is inevitable for someone with a pattern of terrible decisions.

But as it stands today, no punishment is warranted. It baffles me that people trust the NFL to say, Elliott is suspended for 6 games, just trust us on the evidence that we won't produce.

It's not a court. I don't need to see a video of him physically beating her much like I didn't need to see a video of Hardy beating his girlfriend. My sister in law once got a black eye from her piece of **** boyfriend. She said that he accidentally elbowed her but I had my own judgement on the situation. Years later after they split the truth came out.

tunahelper

Reaction score
Now listen, I am a diehard Cowboys fan. Born in 1980, growing up throughout my teen years and into my early twenties my favorite player was Emmitt Smith. Things where good and I fell in love with the running back position more so than the more popular QB position. Once Zeke was available to us last year I was praying the Cowboys would draft him and when they did I was ecstatic. I knew what he would bring to this team. Finally after waiting 15 years I had my guy again.....My dominate RB to root for over the next 10 years, maybe more.

All of a sudden this happens. Well, this happened over a year ago. We all kinda put it behind us because the police department declared there was not enough evidence to charge him but the NFL continued there investigation. I have to say that for the NFL to suspend Zeke it must have found something. Forget the Roger Goodell and Lisa Friel, the NFL is a billion dollar industry with with tons of resources and they literally took over a year to get all there information. You think Roger really wanted to piss of 2 of the top 4 from then Mount Rushmore of NFL owners? You think he isn't thinking about losing his cake $45 million a year job.

I turned my head the other way when this was all dismissed last August but how can you ignore a 6 game suspension people? I understand the NFL got a lot of backlash for the Ray Rice incident but doesn't that make you think that there had to be or has to be something they found that is pretty incriminating. Just think, if you where the one doing the investigation and you went and where interviewing people and finding out that this God of a football player did get rough with a female don't you think your stance would change a little? Would you be so defensive for Zeke?

I don't want this just as much as the next die hard Cowboys fan but I have morals and one of my biggest morals is never put your hands on a woman. Never! It pains me because I knew we found our "New Emmitt" but now I father two young boys who are getting into sports and I really don't want to encourage them to have Zeke be a favorite to them. It baffles me how people on here forget that these players are role models to our children and they need to be held accountable especially when something like this occurs. Have we all gone mad just because it's our Dallas Cowboys? Well, I haven't.

I have rooted for and will continue to root for our Cowboys through some of the most disturbing and tough times, I just can not have my number 1, or my childrens number 1 be a player who puts his hands on a woman. Now if Zeke could turn this huge negative into a positive even just a little bit that would be great and maybe I could then reconsider. He doesn't have to become the next Ray Rice in that sense, the cases differ anyways, but maybe just be a voice against such a terrible act would go a long ways to making things right.

Having said all that I am 100% against the NFL giving 6 games to Zeke and only one game to Josh Brown. How the hell could they justify this? You mean to tell me that the 4-5 days of Zeke was any worse than the 20+ incidents of Josh Brown. Hell, even Brown was arrested for domestic violence. If there should be a fight to get this suspension reduced then Jerry, Zeke and the Cowboys need to go after this using Josh Brown and Lisa Friel and the NFLs double standards. Yes, that is the Cowboys fan speaking inside me!

This has been the HARDEST time of my being a fan for 20+ years of the Dallas Cowboys. Never mind the loses, the catch, the retirements, the bad signings, the horrible coaches and coaching decisions ect. This, Zeke Elliott. I wanted Zeke to be the next Emmitt. The next great running back for this team and he still might just be that but right now I will stick by my morals and what is in the best interest of my family and children. I will be switching over to a new favorite position and a new favorite player for me and my children. Lets just say there's another guy on this team from the same draft who reminds me of another one of my all-time favorite players from another sport......last name Jeter.

I am glad you are not a prosecutor of justice!!!!

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
So you take one lie and that discredits everything that has happened. Apparently 4 different people who work for the NFL did a year long investigation and all came to the same conclusion. Look in the air and whistle away pal.
Hey if you lie to me I have a right not to believe a word you say. If you are a liar than you better have absolute proof. Because if it's your word against somebody else I'm not believing you. And if these investigators found evidence then turn it over to the DA and be done with it.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
You are what's wrong with humans. Zero critical thinking. Just believe what you're told. Chances are the bruises shown are from a fight between the two. She was probably swinging at him and he was as trying to restrain her. Women shouldn't always get a free pass.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
Sorry for your daughters troubles. Wish her and you the best.

One thing that I can say is that if the NFL suspends you for 6 games there is a reason.

Yes, the reason is they were accused of not reacting enough to Josh Brown and Ray Rice so they went the other way and overreacted to a he said/she said situation with a witness of dubious credibility and the most laughable DV injuries I've ever seen.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Not mindless- the New Norm.
And there is no saving us.

There have always been people with a willingness to bow to a semblance of authority. That goes doubly when it is telling them what they want to hear. Watching the mental gymnastics is at least amusing.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
You are what's wrong with humans. Zero critical thinking. Just believe what you're told. Chances are the bruises shown are from a fight between the two. She was probably swinging at him and he was as trying to restrain her. Women shouldn't always get a free pass.
And I think if he did hit her that's probably what happened.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
Also watch how you talk to me and how you word ****! I think your being extremely insensitive and I don't think you would like it if someone beat you.

No offense sir, but the way someone talks to you? Please read back over your posts where you treat most with disrespect, name calling and total disregard. You have been going on post after post bloviating hyperbole, conspiracy theories etc. Then the moment someone disagrees with anything you spew venom and you are quick to judge them like you are a person of a higher morale fiber than them. Like your "facts" are the only ones that matter. I respect you have a strong opinion of what you believe happened with Zeke, I respect that you believe whatever the NFL assigned panel has divulged is fact. However for you to take the stance to watch how someone speaks to you with how you have handled yourself is complete and utter hypocrisy.

cheftjpeck

Reaction score
U fergot to call the 99%
Twisted, also!
Why do you feel compelled to drop it down to the sub levels,sux? Kinda making it hard to even try giving you an ear ,you know?
Sheese.
But yet he has the nerve to tell others careful how they address him ...

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
No offense sir, but the way someone talks to you? Please read back over your posts where you treat most with disrespect, name calling and total disregard. You have been going on post after post bloviating hyperbole, conspiracy theories etc. Then the moment someone disagrees with anything you spew venom and you are quick to judge them like you are a person of a higher morale fiber than them. Like your "facts" are the only ones that matter. I respect you have a strong opinion of what you believe happened with Zeke, I respect that you believe whatever the NFL assigned panel has divulged is fact. However for you to take the stance to watch how someone speaks to you with how you have handled yourself is complete and utter hypocrisy.
WOWEEIE my MAN!
I can tell your the strong and quiet type, not one to be trifled with and honestly friend we've never 'met' until today,, but I'm really thinking this post of yours I'm quoting is not your normal character, although it was the most brilliantly composed, respectful Haymaker dough pop I've ever had the pleasure of reading! and only through the red line saturation level on your BS meter triggered this!!!

"FOLLOWING",,,, NOW:thumbup:

zrinkill

Cowboy Fan
Reaction score
Whew, tough thread and tough times.

I'd encourage everyone to step it down a notch with the dogmatism (and related insults) as we simply don't know what happened.

There are reasons to believe (and to disbelieve) both Zeke and Tiffany here.

This is not a Bronco's forum ......