The Impossible (but Only) Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Do they play the national anthem at the tomb of the unknown soldier now?
What do I think? I think its a picture of a kid or young man who doesn't realize he is doing something that may be considered offensive to some. I think he is fellow American who most likely is a good person with a good heart and the fact that he even went to visit the tomb shows me that he is interesting in learning about our country.
I think its unfortunate that a racist person took a picture and posted it to get people fired up and casting dispersions on a person they have never met.

Now what do you think when you see it?
You think its some young black punk who is trying to disrespect the county somehow (based on your comments).

You are a perfect example of why this country is divided. You just basically called me a racist and you wonder why we are messed up. This was taken a couple days ago and he knelt during Taps. There are several eyewitnesses who claim this was on purpose.

To be fair, this may very well be an honest mistake and no harm intended. But, as it appears right now, this was intentional.

All I did was state that there is no excuse to kneel during Taps, none. If he indeed knew what he was doing, that is the wrong way to go about it and it will make this cause that much worse.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I can't really tell, but I'm hoping this is a Modest Proposal/Jonathan Swift inspired post.

superonyx

Reaction score
You are a perfect example of why this country is divided. You just basically called me a racist and you wonder why we are messed up. This was taken a couple days ago and he knelt during Taps. There are several eyewitnesses who claim this was on purpose.

To be fair, this may very well be an honest mistake and no harm intended. But, as it appears right now, this was intentional.

All I did was state that there is no excuse to kneel during Taps, none. If he indeed knew what he was doing, that is the wrong way to go about it and it will make this cause that much worse.
Its actually people like you who are dividing us. Posting a picture without any real context with a black man kneeling and then coming in and saying this is unacceptable. You were not there. You didn't take the picture and you don't know him or his situation. You are making tons of assumptions and non of them are positive or paint you in a good light.

Not a good look..

Plus you hijacked a good thread with a racist post.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Its actually people like you who are dividing us. Posting a picture without any real context with a black man kneeling and then coming in and saying this is unacceptable. You were not there. You didn't take the picture and you don't know him or his situation. You are making tons of assumptions and non of them are positive or paint you in a good light.

Not a good look..

Yours is full of defensive assumptions. If all else fails, call said person a racist and win an argument! If this was a white guy or Asian, I would say the same darn thing.....it is unacceptable.

Again, I have been trying to research this to find out its validity and I apologize in advance if it turns out to be a false narrative. As of now, it appears to have been intentional.

Reaction score
Yours is full of defensive assumptions. If all else fails, call said person a racist and win an argument! If this was a white guy or Asian, I would say the same darn thing.....it is unacceptable.

Again, I have been trying to research this to find out its validity and I apologize in advance if it turns out to be a false narrative. As of now, it appears to have been intentional.
just google "kneeling at the tomb of the unknown soldier" and there's tons of content that substantiates

I recommend making a new thread for this topic and not bothering with that poster. In one post he's saying the solutions to the world's problems is kindness, empathy, listening to others, etc only to lob "you're racist" bombs at you in his next post - obviously a confused person.

superonyx

Reaction score

Well let give you another perspective to consider. I’m an all American white guy who is college educated, have 3 sons, a nice house, a well manicured lawn, a smoking hot wife, a very nice career, and am actually considered to be a very good looking fellow with an IQ of 160 and guess what?
I didn’t know that it’s improper to kneel while taps is played. I would like to say I would figure it out by everyone else standing but some people lack situational awareness.

Do you think someone would have taken a picture of me if I knelt down for a second and posted it on the internet? I highly doubt it...so yes I believe his race is why someone did it.

It’s an ugly look my friend. Don’t fall into the trap.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Kind of off topic, but Russia is loving the division this is creating. Their propaganda services actually push these divisive narratives to their own ends. They use fake social media accounts to continue the narrative and try to push the US into civil/race strife to destabilize our country. We're playing into their hands.

Below was posted by a fake antifa account, but they neglected to turn off their location services--Validivstock, Russia.

Kevinicus

Reaction score

Not a good look..

You make quite a number of assumptions yourself.

jday

Reaction score
My idea is that we should listen to the feelings of fellow Americans and consider their views, life experiences, and feelings. I believe in the end we are better for this. I believe closing our mind to the pain of others does nothing to make us stronger as a country. We are uncomfortable with others perspectives and many of us would rather shut our eyes and ears instead of showing human empathy and decency. We should stop trying to interpret someone elses intent and for once talk about it..

This boycott and shutting ourselves away from things we are not comfortable with is troubling to me. Our current president (regardless of your political party) is not setting the right example for our children. He should be teaching to communicate with each other in times of differences and conflict. Instead he is handling the NFL situation like he is handling North Korea. Instead of trying to talk like a tough guy how about sitting down and talking about issues and differences. Both situations have the ability to blow up in his face.
I could not agree more. I am truly disappointed and saddened by our President's recent remarks. Having said that, believe it or not, he may have done more to fix the problem through his gross display of ignorance, than he did to hurt it. Because all he did was stir up a hornet's nest that is potentially leading to a stance of solidarity an unity.

To put it differently, I absolutely love how the Cowboys responded. They were sensitive to both sides of the issue and the way they handled it could lead to positive change and how other teams approach this issue going forward. It's a lot to hope for, but it is something I can absolutely get behind.

Thank you for you response and contribution to the conversation! :thumbup:

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Well let give you another perspective to consider. I’m an all American white guy who is college educated, have 3 sons, a nice house, a well manicured lawn, a smoking hot wife, a very nice career, and am actually considered to be a very good looking fellow with an IQ of 160 and guess what?
I didn’t know that it’s improper to kneel while taps is played. I would like to say I would figure it out by everyone else standing but some people lack situational awareness.

Do you think someone would have taken a picture of me if I knelt down for a second and posted it on the internet? I highly doubt it...so yes I believe his race is why someone did it.

It’s an ugly look my friend. Don’t fall into the trap.

I can agree with that. Being a white guy, I seriously doubt a photo would have even been taken, it doesn't fit the narrative. Like I said earlier, it is rumored that he went there to do just that which may turn out to be false.

I take that kind of stuff seriously, I lost a family member in the Gulf War and it still affects me to this day :(

It is protocol to always stand while viewing the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the guards/military are always on top of that and will let you know. I don't expect anyone to know that going in but once there that is something that will be learned quickly.

Again, I do apologize if it turns out to be false, I just don't think it will IMO. Lets squash this now, we both made our points I think :thumbup:

Ghost12

Reaction score
What do some of you think about this photo? A guy kneeling at the Tomb of Unknown Soldier. That is completely unacceptable and actions like that are going to derail any good that can come of this whole situation.
What do I think of the photo? Well, since you asked, I think (EDIT) I need more context of the photo.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I could not agree more. I am truly disappointed and saddened by our President's recent remarks. Having said that, believe it or not, he may have done more to fix the problem through his gross display of ignorance, than he did to hurt it. Because all he did was stir up a hornet's nest that is potentially leading to a stance of solidarity an unity.

To put it differently, I absolutely love how the Cowboys responded. They were sensitive to both sides of the issue and the way they handled it could lead to positive change and how other teams approach this issue going forward. It's a lot to hope for, but it is something I can absolutely get behind.

Thank you for you response and contribution to the conversation! :thumbup:

Spot on post, Trump may have inadvertently sped up unification! :cool:

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
What do some of you think about this photo? A guy kneeling at the Tomb of Unknown Soldier. That is completely unacceptable and actions like that are going to derail any good that can come of this whole situation.

Screen-Shot-2017-09-28-at-10.03.47-AM.jpg
Maybe he is praying.

superonyx

Reaction score
I can agree with that. Being a white guy, I seriously doubt a photo would have even been taken, it doesn't fit the narrative. Like I said earlier, it is rumored that he went there to do just that which may turn out to be false.

I take that kind of stuff seriously, I lost a family member in the Gulf War and it still affects me to this day :(

It is protocol to always stand while viewing the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the guards/military are always on top of that and will let you know. I don't expect anyone to know that going in but once there that is something that will be learned quickly.

Again, I do apologize if it turns out to be false, I just don't think it will IMO. Lets squash this now, we both made our points I think :thumbup:
I agree. Well said.

I wish people were more willing to listen and talk to each other with a pure heart that is open to understanding other people perspectives. It seems people are so quick to fight and divide but so slow to sit down and talk.

I’m sorry for your loss in the war. I understand your passion for this topic.
I lost my only brother to a preventable condition that is directly linked to our nations lack of health care for so many. Part of why I am so passionate about universal healthcare.

Ghost12

Reaction score
Maybe he is praying.
That was my first impression, but that was based purely on looking at him and not really his surroundings. So I edited out my comment and now need to learn more about the reason he took a knee. Was he being:

A) Deliberately disrespectful
B) Accidentally disrespectful
C) Not disrespectful at all

If, as is claimed, Taps was playing then we can narrow it down to (A) or (B). My hunch, based on current events, is (A) but I reserve the right to change my mind if more info comes out.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
That was my first impression, but that was based purely on looking at him and not really his surroundings. So I edited out my comment and now need to learn more about the reason he took a knee. Was he being:

A) Deliberately disrespectful
B) Accidentally disrespectful
C) Not disrespectful at all

If, as is claimed, Taps was playing then we can narrow it down to (A) or (B). My hunch, based on current events, is (A) but I reserve the right to change my mind if more info comes out.
I'm still in the opinion of (C).

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score

Screen-Shot-2017-09-28-at-10.03.47-AM.jpg

This is the planking effect. People are doing it to make a scene. Most probably don't even realize what the real point of the entire thing is.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Politics and sports have always been connected. The NFL contracted with the military to encourage recruitments . We've honored wars, conflicts and terroist attacks and survivors.

How about the Olympics? The Miracle on Ice? How bout the freaking ***** hosted the Olympics . 1968 Olympics where black athletes raised their hands in black gloves during anthem . Political?

What about the whole Commander debacle over their name ? Those weren't political ?

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I agree. Well said.

I wish people were more willing to listen and talk to each other with a pure heart that is open to understanding other people perspectives. It seems people are so quick to fight and divide but so slow to sit down and talk.

I’m sorry for your loss in the war. I understand your passion for this topic.
I lost my only brother to a preventable condition that is directly linked to our nations lack of health care for so many. Part of why I am so passionate about universal healthcare.

Sorry for your loss. My wife is knee-deep in healthcare and are well aware of the problems there.

It took us some hateful posts to get to an actual honest conversation but I will take that every time over just fighting and calling each other snowflakes and racists :flagwave:

Status
Not open for further replies.