The Impossible (but Only) Solution

Status
Not open for further replies.

superonyx

Reaction score
The flag and the anthem are the repositories for the soul of this country.
You want to see pain, go to you tube.

...and, tragically, there are new ones being posted everyday. You think of it as just a song and a ceremony. That's your right, but, like you have previously posted, sucks for you. FIND ANOTHER WAY.

You don’t get to define what the flag and anthem are for other people.
You see the soul of the county and you point to people on YouTube in awful amounts of pain over the death of a loved one....
I see these videos and I see great people who’s lives were stolen from them by a government who keeps us in perpetual war to keep the tax payers dollars flowing to the war profiteers and oligarchs who financially benefit from keeping us dying in foreign lands.

You are not more patriotic than I am, in fact my love of all People and the disgust I feel for the military industrial complex is more patriotic. Patriotism doesn’t mean one has to be a blind sheep marching along to the slaughter year after year.

Let’s spend another 3 trillion dollars and send another 50k American to their death in another war with no actual purpose and no end fighting an enemy who has surrendered several times and doesn’t even have a single Airplane. You pretend supporting this is patriotism. Don’t look at the estimated 765,000 American that have died since we invaded Afghanistan due to lack of healthcare. (Real number look it up). The money would have saved these lives. There have been almost a million funerals where people are in great pain over this...it doesn’t take Taps or a flag to define which pain equals Patriotism.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Exactly...I hope you read it all, because that was essentially the point. It is impossible to fix because we can't control what people become. However, the only way to do it is to control what they consume through their eyes and their ears during their formative years. Otherwise, people will continue to become racist, bigots, and everything in between that leads to the inequalities in our nation. So you can either appreciate the freedoms we enjoy along with all the evil that freedom creates, or you can sacrifice your freedoms for the greater good. As I said, that's the point. I think people, when they consider what they have to sacrifice to make America perfect, would rather just agree to disagree and get back to watching football without all the protest and resulting boycotts. Savvy?
Ding, ding, ding.... Winner!

superonyx

Reaction score
LBJ's generational welfare has poured some 22 trillion to the "poor".............why are they any more poor? Did we need to double that .....or quadruple it?

I'll contend......as did MLKIII, Reggie White and others......it was the worst thing that could've been done to the poor...........
You want to look toward social safety nets are the reason for their being poor? That is extremely lazy and shallow surface level thinking. Look at the number of jobs in the country pay poverty wages and then answer for why their are so many poor. We have the worlds greatest level of income inequality regardless of race. We have almost 75% of government assistance recipients working. The true welfare recipients are the corporations who we are subsidizing by helping take care of their employees so they can continue to pay them poverty wages.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Somewhere along the way it stopped being ok to politely disagree with people. Now we have to demonized those who don't share our views, to the point of attacking their character.

Words like bigot and racist have lost all meaning because we throw them around so flippantly.
Couldn't agree more. I miss the days of honest debate where both sides would have have an opportunity to express their opinions without being shouted down, interrupted, or labeled into an attempt to discredit.

It is as if political and social commentary have turned into a perverse Jerry Springer show. Sadly, any fool with a keyboard can spew vial, contemptible nonsense and, somewhere, someone will believe and repeat as if it's fact.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
The nation is in an uproar. For the most part, I’ve remained pseudo-neutral on the topic of debate. While admittedly, I haven’t exactly remained quiet on the issue, I also haven’t picked up the torch for either side. Recently, I pointed out the faults in both sides of the argument (e.g. the players actions only mean something to the wrong audience and the wrong audience response to it is a waste of energy and time for something that in no way tangibly effects them), however, what I did not do is present a solution because I believe the solution is largely out of reach for our collective nation.

Then the unthinkable happened. The players protest affected me in a tangible way (not that it is necessarily their fault). I texted my parents this morning in hopes of catching the next noon game with them as a family only to find out my father is boycotting the NFL in response to the protest. For some, that may mean nothing, but for me our family watching football together was one of the most important past times that shaped my young life. It was one of those times where regardless of our differences, we came together as a family to enjoy the game and by extension each other’s company. And now in my adulthood with a family of my own (wife and two boys), it is one of the few times we can find a pretext to get together and rekindle our familial-bond. Granted, we don’t need a game to accomplish that, but it’s the vehicle to that experience we know and love together.

In a last ditch effort (however feeble or effective) to maintain my grip on that favorite pastime of my family, here’s the Nation’s much-needed solution:

The solution is simple in the telling, but (I believe) impossible in the execution.

Let’s start with the “Why.”

Imagine your mind is a bottomless pond fed by five tributaries. Each river represent a sense (Sight, Hearing, Taste, Touch, & Smell). When you are young, all manner of God’s creatures are represented with one exception: Predators. As you grow and are introduced to various forms of expression with various intent, the opportunity for predators to be introduced to this pond increase exponentially.

The issue is when you introduce a predator (which represent the negative in this world) is the eventual and subsequent result of these predators eating all of the herbivores (which represent the good in this world). This means, of course, the earlier a predator is introduced to a child’s development, the more dangerous that person’s pond (mind) can become to not just the bearer of that mind but to everyone that mind comes in contact with.

As we grow older, experiences allow for various filters (or damns) to be put in place that either weed out the predators or the herbivores, dependent on the nature of those experiences. This is a paramount understanding to the issues that oppresses everyone (and, yes, I mean everyone, regardless of race, sex, sexual orientation, or creed) in America today.

The root cause of these issues?

The freedoms we should not enjoy. To fix the problem (and why I believe it is impossible) we must fix the constitution. That’s right, no more freedom of speech. No more freedom of expression. No more saying whatever we want however we want whenever we want.

Why?

If not for our sake, our future sake…our children’s sake who lack the fundamental ability to discern the good from the bad. These sensory injections shape our children’s perspective on the world that surrounds them; how they view the world and how they act as a result.

Now for the (Impossible) “How.”

We need to delete from our collective conscious, our hard drives, our smart phones, our clouds, our internet every cd/movie/other form of entertainment any and all music, TV shows, video games, movies (or other form of political or artistic expression) that make disparaging remarks about race, sexual preference, political affiliation, creed, sex, and the police/government. That’s right, no more NWA, no more Beastie Boys, no more Eminem, no more celebration of drug use, a life of crime, murder, rape, or any other negative unproductive use of our time regardless of their stated intent. If it can be misperceived as a celebration of that life, even in the form of ones testimony as to why they turned away from it, it should be deleted (ideally worldwide, but nationwide would be a beautiful beginning). Obviously, this would also mean a nationwide ban on the production of such forms of entertainment/expression/political views going forward.

Now I get it. This is not a popular (and most likely impossible) solution. But considering the “Why” I already covered, it is the only solution, regardless if you accept that as truth or not. Whether or not you believe in God or the bible (Philippians 4:8 / Ephesians 4:17-19), science itself backs my assertions. The unconscious mind believes everything it hears, says, feels, taste, and smells. The unconscious mind lacks the discernment to decide between what is a truth and what is a lie; what is good for us and what is bad for us. So everything you feed your mind has an impact on how you perceive and view the world. It shapes your perspective and how you act accordingly. And this, of course, is especially the case for our children who lacks the experience (damns) to filter out predators that can otherwise pollute their young minds.

People are often under the mistaken impression that we can only eat things that are bad for us. The truth is, everything we consume (with every sense we experience the world through) can have a positive or negative impact on both our physical and spiritual body.

The ugly truth is it’s too late for many of us; the proverbial die has been cast as far as how we adults see and perceive the world. But it’s not too late for our future generations. Every day that these various negative forms of expression exist in our world, another child is exposed to the potential of becoming a racist, a bigot, a rapist, a criminal, or perhaps the worst thing they could possibly become: a hero in the eyes of the world who champions these various negative expressions (singer with a negative outlook/rapper who celebrates crime, drug use, hate towards the different or police themselves/bigot politician that would speak against a race, sex, religious belief/athlete whose negative actions off the field of play are shouted from the rooftops/police officer who racially profiles and has an automated fear-response to seeing a person of different race and acts with overt or passive aggression as a result).

As has been stated by many, what these protest and boycotts lack is an offered and acceptable solution. Like it or not, above is your only solution. Whether or not our nation applies it (which I doubt) is beside the point. Because if we can all at least recognize that the above is the only solution, maybe (just maybe) we can collectively (at least) agree that we American’s still have it pretty good as compared to most of the world, agree that we aren’t perfect but thank God we aren’t who we were as a country in yesteryears, and maybe we can just agree to disagree and get back to watching and enjoying football as one big national family.
Well, Jday, if nothing else, your post has generated a lot of passionate interest. So, kudos to you for your efforts.

Any post, any dialogue that causes me to think - whether I agree or not - is generally worth my time. This thread fits that definition.

sbark

Reaction score
You want to look toward social safety nets are the reason for their being poor? That is extremely lazy and shallow surface level thinking. Look at the number of jobs in the country pay poverty wages and then answer for why their are so many poor. We have the worlds greatest level of income inequality regardless of race. We have almost 75% of government assistance recipients working. The true welfare recipients are the corporations who we are subsidizing by helping take care of their employees so they can continue to pay them poverty wages.
...........and yet we still have more opportunity available than anywhere else in the world
Study income, there are tremendous numbers of people floating down from being "rich"......but also moving from "poor" into the upper incomes............

a risk free life equates to a life controlled by a central govt force....history shows us that clearly.

Locking people into a lifetime of generational welfare is the worst thing that can be done to any person....free them from that yoke, Gingrich's / Clintons welfare reform quickly showed that in the 90's..........too bad Obama Admin axed it.

kramskoi

Reaction score
I can agree with that. Being a white guy, I seriously doubt a photo would have even been taken, it doesn't fit the narrative. Like I said earlier, it is rumored that he went there to do just that which may turn out to be false.

I take that kind of stuff seriously, I lost a family member in the Gulf War and it still affects me to this day :(

It is protocol to always stand while viewing the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the guards/military are always on top of that and will let you know. I don't expect anyone to know that going in but once there that is something that will be learned quickly.

Again, I do apologize if it turns out to be false, I just don't think it will IMO. Lets squash this now, we both made our points I think :thumbup:
I can agree with that. Being a white guy, I seriously doubt a photo would have even been taken, it doesn't fit the narrative. Like I said earlier, it is rumored that he went there to do just that which may turn out to be false.

I take that kind of stuff seriously, I lost a family member in the Gulf War and it still affects me to this day :(

It is protocol to always stand while viewing the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, the guards/military are always on top of that and will let you know. I don't expect anyone to know that going in but once there that is something that will be learned quickly.

Again, I do apologize if it turns out to be false, I just don't think it will IMO. Lets squash this now, we both made our points I think :thumbup:
The thing about the 1st amendment is that it confers no superior or virtuous privileges on any one individual, regardless of what one has lost, and I mean not to impugn your loss. Emotions get in the way of rational thought on this issue of betrayed sacrifice and the disrespect connected with it. What you have to always remember is that if these valiant young men died for freedom, they also died for everything that freedom represents, including the 1st amendment. We must be careful not to use betrayed sacrifice as our own personal cudgel to either silence dissent, destroy the virtue of another's view to elevate our own, or simply acquiesce to mindless bigotry because we think ours is the only correct view allowed. The 1st amendment belongs to each american, individually, protected, unassailable, immune to dilution based on subjectivity, personal bias, animus or arrogance.

As a veteran myself, I choose not to visit memorials because my view is that war should not be glorified, deified or used to compel reverence to a view you yourself hold sacrosanct or above reproach. Many in this country hold a view similar to yours, and I can respect that, but to impale someone upon the altar of your belief where the anthem is concerned...to compel compliance under the typical normative socially influenced majority view, is something I simply cannot abide. Now I give leeway where monuments and memorials are concerned, because they are dedicated places to peruse history, but where secular sports in stadiums are concerned I will fight you tooth and nail...because an act of veneration should not be forced...patriotism should not be coerced...because what the hell is it worth if it is not genuine and voluntary? If it is forced under threat of punishment, then to me it is nothing more than a way for you to avoid being offended and that is not what the spirit of the 1st amendment or the constitution is all about. It simply does not care if you are offended, it only cares that each individual is afforded the right to peaceful, non-disruptive free speech. Tolerance is the word we must become familiar with, that and real reflection on why it is so important that the 1st amendment exist...because blind servility to militant jingoism is the stuff of chewed up soldiers, feckless wars, war profiteering and a deceptive government which now hides the coffins to reduce the blow-back and continue the carnage.

Last edited:

superonyx

Reaction score
...........and yet we still have more opportunity available than anywhere else in the world
Study income, there are tremendous numbers of people floating down from being "rich"......but also moving from "poor" into the upper incomes............

a risk free life equates to a life controlled by a central govt force....history shows us that clearly.

Locking people into a lifetime of generational welfare is the worst thing that can be done to any person....free them from that yoke, Gingrich's / Clintons welfare reform quickly showed that in the 90's..........too bad Obama Admin axed it.
Let me ask you this question before I potentially waste my time educating someone who already thinks they have all the answers.....

If I prove to you that every point you just made is factually inaccurate, will you actually consider and accept the real truth? Because generally people who make these talking points have become married to them and being proven to be inaccurate does nothing to stop the person from holding onto these inaccurate beliefs.

superonyx

Reaction score
The thing about the 1st amendment is that it confers no superior or virtuous privileges on any one individual, regardless of what one has lost, and I mean not to impugn your loss. Emotions get in the way of rational thought on this issue of betrayed sacrifice and the disrespect connected with it. What you have to always remember is that if these valiant young men died for freedom, they also died for everything that freedom represents, including the 1st amendment. We must be careful not to use betrayed sacrifice as our own personal cudgel to either silence dissent, destroy the virtue of another's view to elevate our own, or simply acquiesce to mindless bigotry because we think ours is the only correct view allowed. The 1st amendment belongs to each american, individually, protected, unassailable, immune to dilution based on subjectivity, personal bias, animus or arrogance.

As a veteran myself, I choose not to visit memorials because my view is that war should not be glorified, deified or used to compel reverence to a view you yourself hold sacrosanct or above reproach. Many in this country hold a view similar to yours, and I can respect that, but to impale someone upon the altar of your belief where the anthem is concerned...to compel compliance under the typical normative socially influenced majority view, is something I simply cannot abide. Now I give leeway where monuments and memorials are concerned, because they are dedicated places to peruse history, but where secular sports in stadiums are concerned I will fight you tooth and nail...because an act of veneration should not be forced...patriotism should not be coerced...because what the hell is it worth if it is not genuine and voluntary? If it is forced under threat of punishment, then to me it is nothing more than a way for you to avoid being offended and that is not what the spirit of the 1st amendment or the constitution is all about. It simply does not care if you are offended, it only cares that each individual is afforded the right to peaceful, non-disruptive free speech. Tolerance is the word we must become familiar with, that and real reflection on why it is so important that the 1st amendment exist...because blind servility to militant jingoism is the stuff of chewed up soldiers, feckless wars, war profiteering and a deceptive government which now hides the coffins to reduce the blow-back and continue the carnage.
Wow..very well said. I’m not sure I have heard it explained so eloquently before.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Excellent post! This gives me another perspective of it. When I have time, will read it more carefully and give it more thought.

I am currently on a road trip from the East to the West Coast :)

jday

Reaction score
The flag and the anthem are the repositories for the soul of this country.
You want to see pain, go to you tube.

...and, tragically, there are new ones being posted everyday. You think of it as just a song and a ceremony. That's your right, but, like you have previously posted, sucks for you. FIND ANOTHER WAY.

I get it. But the price of freedom that Joe King, me and the men in the above videos

Great post!

Walker

Texas Ranger
Reaction score
Hiding the tunnel? The players will be playing in empty stadiums, and once those funds go dry there wont be funds to play football. There will always be an Anthem. Steelers tried to pull this **** and now after 1 backlash game they have agreed as a team to stand for the anthem. More than half of these players would be working low to minimum wage jobs if it wasn't for their talent in playing football. From millions to pennies, not only would these player crap their pants but they would put their hand over their heart for the anthem. I love my country and I am proud of it. I have a folded american flag in my house. Those who disrespect our country are welcome to leave, but most do not because most have it made here.

superonyx

Reaction score
Hiding the tunnel? The players will be playing in empty stadiums, and once those funds go dry there wont be funds to play football. There will always be an Anthem. Steelers tried to pull this **** and now after 1 backlash game they have agreed as a team to stand for the anthem. More than half of these players would be working low to minimum wage jobs if it wasn't for their talent in playing football. From millions to pennies, not only would these player crap their pants but they would put their hand over their heart for the anthem. I love my country and I am proud of it. I have a folded american flag in my house. Those who disrespect our country are welcome to leave, but most do not because most have it made here.
Thanks for adding absolutely nothing of value to this conversation.
Did you read the eloquent heart felt post above?
To follow that with your own version of angry old man internet diarrhea is just wrong.

MERICA!!!!

jday

Reaction score
Google is amazing. I was looking for the definition of "word vomit" and it brought me directly to your post. :thumbdown:

fishspill

Reaction score
Or we could just stop doing the national anthem before ball games. Doesn’t serve a purpose to me. It’s not like we’re playing another country.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They don’t throw money at it here.

School funding is based on property taxes.

Guess where the good schools are

In the city of Dallas the funding is the same for schools in the rich neighborhoods and poor neighboorhoods.

The suburbs have better schools but there are plenty of people that have gone on to college after going to Dallas schools.

The violence in the bad areas of Dallas make those schools worse but funding is not the reason.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What do some of you think about this photo? A guy kneeling at the Tomb of Unknown Soldier. That is completely unacceptable and actions like that are going to derail any good that can come of this whole situation.

Screen-Shot-2017-09-28-at-10.03.47-AM.jpg
He's un unappreciative idiot.

Dracula

Reaction score
You don’t get to define what the flag and anthem are for other people.
You see the soul of the county and you point to people on YouTube in awful amounts of pain over the death of a loved one....
I see these videos and I see great people who’s lives were stolen from them by a government who keeps us in perpetual war to keep the tax payers dollars flowing to the war profiteers and oligarchs who financially benefit from keeping us dying in foreign lands.

You are not more patriotic than I am, in fact my love of all People and the disgust I feel for the military industrial complex is more patriotic. Patriotism doesn’t mean one has to be a blind sheep marching along to the slaughter year after year.

Let’s spend another 3 trillion dollars and send another 50k American to their death in another war with no actual purpose and no end fighting an enemy who has surrendered several times and doesn’t even have a single Airplane. You pretend supporting this is patriotism. Don’t look at the estimated 765,000 American that have died since we invaded Afghanistan due to lack of healthcare. (Real number look it up). The money would have saved these lives. There have been almost a million funerals where people are in great pain over this...it doesn’t take Taps or a flag to define which pain equals Patriotism.

Do you really believe that the voters, of this country, elect politicians to keep us, in your words, "in perpetual war"? Do you really believe that the all-volunteer military is composed of, in your words, "blind sheep marching along to the slaughter year after year"? That's so far out there, it's beyond Maxine Waters territory.
As far as the protest is concerned, whatever message K-Nick originally protested for and whatever message it has morphed into, it's over. You don't need to "look up real numbers" just look at your TV. This protest has been going on for over a year. Mass rallies, no. Have players refused to play and as a result forfeited game checks, not just no but hell no. Shows their level of commitment, doesn't it? Trump sparked more action with his SOB speech.
This protest amounted to nothing more than a fashionable thing to do and, in not a very long time will be only remembered, when someone runs across its footnote in an article or Google search. If you think that I am wrong, without looking it up, who was killed in Florida using the stand your ground law? Who was killed in Ferguson, Missouri, and what was the name of the woman killed in Charlottesville,Va.? Anyone, anyone, Bueller?

superonyx

Reaction score
Do you really believe that the voters, of this country, elect politicians to keep us, in your words, "in perpetual war"? Do you really believe that the all-volunteer military is composed of, in your words, "blind sheep marching along to the slaughter year after year"? That's so far out there, it's beyond Maxine Waters territory.
As far as the protest is concerned, whatever message K-Nick originally protested for and whatever message it has morphed into, it's over. You don't need to "look up real numbers" just look at your TV. This protest has been going on for over a year. Mass rallies, no. Have players refused to play and as a result forfeited game checks, not just no but hell no. Shows their level of commitment, doesn't it? Trump sparked more action with his SOB speech.
This protest amounted to nothing more than a fashionable thing to do and, in not a very long time will be only remembered, when someone runs across its footnote in an article or Google search. If you think that I am wrong, without looking it up, who was killed in Florida using the stand your ground law? Who was killed in Ferguson, Missouri, and what was the name of the woman killed in Charlottesville,Va.? Anyone, anyone, Bueller?
Yes I believe our politicians have a financial interest in keeping us in perpetual war. You don't? Do you understand how campaign finance works and how the military industrial complex has to make sure its war contractors need to keep justifying and spending our money? Look up the latest multi billion dollar nuclear submarine we just bought.... Why are we spending billions on a nuclear sub when we have never needed to utilize the other 62 nuclear subs we already have? We have an estimated 7k nuclear weapons....if we had the desire to nuke anyone we already have 7k weapons to use...do we really need more? About 20 nuclear weapons launched would end life on earth. So why keep making them?
So who is our enemy? Why are we spending trillions of dollars fighting against countries so poor they don't even own a tank, a missile, or an airplane?

You need to open your eyes and see the big picture.

Dracula

Reaction score
Yes I believe our politicians have a financial interest in keeping us in perpetual war. You don't? Do you understand how campaign finance works and how the military industrial complex has to make sure its war contractors need to keep justifying and spending our money? Look up the latest multi billion dollar nuclear submarine we just bought.... Why are we spending billions on a nuclear sub when we have never needed to utilize the other 62 nuclear subs we already have? We have an estimated 7k nuclear weapons....if we had the desire to nuke anyone we already have 7k weapons to use...do we really need more? About 20 nuclear weapons launched would end life on earth. So why keep making them?
So who is our enemy? Why are we spending trillions of dollars fighting against countries so poor they don't even own a tank, a missile, or an airplane?

You need to open your eyes and see the big picture.
I'm seeing quite clearly, thank you. You, on the other hand, better think long and hard before calling the veterans, on this board, "blind sheep marching to slaughter."

Status
Not open for further replies.