The impossible happened

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
It reminds me of the Romo drive in the meaningless week 17 game in 2016. Romo fans continue to salivate over that one.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He was 3 for 3...he’s a professional quarterback...in preseason... wow. It was a nice throw...bad coverage too. The knee jerks on both sides of this debate are crazy.

Dak is an average NFL QB. Maybe he can change that this season but he is an average at best QB who has accuracy issues.
Wrong

roughneck266

Reaction score
I am a Romo fan, doesn't mean I dont like Dak. I am glad Dak is here. Romo is now my favorite booth announcer Dak is my favorite QB. See, kids, we are allowed to like more than one person or thing at a time.
BTW the pass was awesome.

kskboys

Reaction score
YES. Where he had to drop that pass in...that was an accurate long ball.If he was off just a little,that pass would have been either picked or overthrown.It had to be perfect and it was. It wasn't a 60 yard bomb lol...but hey, he did what he needed to.
And what's being missed here is that it was being screamed from the rooftops by several posters that Dak absolutely could not throw a sideline pass. He does it and does it well, so then they scream that he was 2 inches off.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
And they're still using that as proof that Romo would have been okay if he was given the starting QB job back. lol
Yep. They bring the KY out for those highlights, even though it was a dink and dunk drive with his deep ball badly overthrown.

Big_D

Reaction score
This Dak vs Romo argument is ridiculous. People insinuate if you liked Romo, you hate Dak or vice versa? LOL Time to move into the present. Romo is in the booth and Dak is the starting QB. If anyone doesn't like him it should have absolutely nothing to do with Romo at this point. His play on the field moving forward will dictate that. It was a nice TD pass but some seem a little too giddy over it. We've seen him drop a few nice passes like that to Butler in the past so you knew he was capable.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
All the galacticly butt hurt Romos are scrambling to figure out what they saw Dak do last night and how they can minimize it .

Dak cant throw down the field he cant throw to the sideline. BS fake fans he just did . LOLOL
40YARD TD TO THE SIDELINE!!!!!

Where is the Captain of Trashing our QB this fine morning probably busy rearranging the farm animals in his picture bashing Dak LOLOL

Sorry but I have had to listen to all the things that Dak couldn't do all summer and its real nice to see his hard work has paid off . Its only the first preseason game but its great to start with a positive and see progress.
Really? After a preseason game against non-starters? :muttley:

Xelda

Reaction score
I had Staubach withdrawal, I had Aikman withdrawal and now I'm going through Romo withdrawal. That doesn't mean I want our team to fail because he's not here. I want Dak to be the GOAT now. Don't forget QBs of the Dallas Cowboys will always be under more scrutiny than any other player. Please relax and enjoy his progress without feeling the need to bash other fans.

erod

Reaction score
Ah, a throw that people have been screaming that he unequivocally cannot make, though!!!
Nobody said that. He can throw down the sideline just fine. He's wildly inaccurate between the numbers downfield. About 3 for 10 wild.

kskboys

Reaction score
Nobody said that. He can throw down the sideline just fine. He's wildly inaccurate between the numbers downfield. About 3 for 10 wild.
No, E, they've been screaming it!!!!!!! Since you're on the Dak sucks bandwagon, you prolly just haven't noticed it.

erod

Reaction score
No, E, they've been screaming it!!!!!!! Since you're on the Dak sucks bandwagon, you prolly just haven't noticed it.
Well, I haven't. He's comfortable with that throw. He's really uncomfortable throwing into zones over the middle.

Rayman70

Reaction score
And what's being missed here is that it was being screamed from the rooftops by several posters that Dak absolutely could not throw a sideline pass. He does it and does it well, so then they scream that he was 2 inches off.
exactly. ITS JUST DUMB. SOME are gonna complain no matter. If that was a 40 yard pass..they STILL would have questioned Dak! lol...Bottom line is he made the play that was presented to him...made his reads and dropped a dime. I'm stunned and amazed at the fans..not all of them, the ones that are cryin that he lacks the ability to somehow make long accurate throws. Last year honestly..the receivers just couldn't get deep..nor could they run good routes or get good separation. The play calling was vanilla. Dak was asked to turn spam into steak dinner lol. He had to do too much. Looking at his body of work going back to College...he HAS NEVER had any issues making accurate passes long. His rookie season in 2016 was riddled with deep accurate throws. So excuse me y'all if I'm scratchin' my head wondering where the entire " Dak can't make accurate deep throws' narrative is coming from. Lord...some just have blinders on. Guys ...2016 happened..Dak came in as a rookie and lit it up..was rated THE MOST..or close to the top most accurate passer that year. IT HAPPENED. If Thursday night was any indicator, the man is still that dude that can get it done. We all should be very excited.