The impossible happened

Blackrain

Reaction score
It is officially a 30 yard td pass because the NFL uses the distance from the spot of the ball to the goal line. Ball was spotted on the 30 and the pass directly resulted in a touchdown, ergo it's a 30 yard td pass.

But as far as the actual distance the throw traveled in the air, Dak had dropped back about 9 yards but stepped up it appears to me to about the 37 yard line when he let the ball go. Gallup caught the ball at about the 5 I think, didn't find a distance video to let me see that exactly, but then he threw it at an angle, which means the ball has to go about a bit farther.

Plotting that in a computer graphing program I use, it works out to about a 38 yard in-the-air throw.

Which means it doesn't make any significant difference.....

Thanks for clarifying this , I said the ball traveled 40 yrds in the air I was a couple yrds off . My Bad .

Rayman70

Reaction score
I'm sure a "pre" scull fractured Reginald Denny,,, was thinking too!
,,,er,,,I reject yer' cyber uplinked key*board reality,friend!,,,,& say,Bull****o_O
:hammer:
*:starspin::clap::starspin:
lol..Reginald Denney. man how could I forget. Poor dude. If I recall, wasn't he hit in the head with a fire hydrant or something? I remember the footage was freakin brutal. But anywho...how bout dem cowboys?

Blackrain

Reaction score
Especially something similar to what I was just asked. I mean, if a poster really hasn't seen the bashing of Dak, they're like avoiding reading it or something.
Geez how blatant dose it have to be
Like I said previously...why do you constantly feel the need to lie?

Somehow to you that equals "screaming" that Dak "cannot throw more than 10 yards downfield" or that he "can't" make the throw in that game.

That's a flat out lie.
Not only did he say he cant make the throws but he says it cant be fixed . Try rereading the entire post a few times and see if your comprehension improves .

Hey If reading isn't your thing maybe look at the Barnyard scene see if the picture can spell it out for you . Sheesh what a remedial group!!!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
Geez how blatant dose it have to be

Not only did he say he cant make the throws but he says it cant be fixed . Try rereading the entire post a few times and see if your comprehension improves .

How blatant does it have to be? Well first of all, it has to actually be before it can be blatant.

Let's read the entire thing a few times and maybe your comprehension will finally kick in.

For the record, here is post 59 on the "If you think Dak is terrible chime in thread"

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/if-you-think-dak-is-terrible-chime-in.409782/page-3#post-8301634

There is no reason that Romo should even come up in these conversations. It’s not about him anymore.

Dak is an average at best QB. He has some great intangibles like his leadership. He is very athletic but at the end of the day, he is an athlete playing QB in a league where running, athletic QB’s rarely win. All of the stats in the world do not cover up the fact that the guy struggles to accurately place the ball more than 10 yards down the field. I have yet to see a guy be able to fix that big of accuracy issues once they’ve made it to the NFL and I don’t expect any different from him.

He seems like a good guy and a good leader but not an NFL starter. To win, he needs a dominant run game and defense... unfortunately he lacks the ability to consistently make a defense really pay when they put 8 in the box. Down 21 going into the 4th, I’ll never feel like there is a shot with him at the helm. He is a bus driver who, when called upon to sling it, led the league in pick sixes last season.

The thing that gets mistaken about the so called “Dak haters” is that it’s not a dislike of Dak... it’s his play. They want an accurate QB. Aikman always has said accuracy is the most important physical aspect of the position. A Matt Ryan, pocket passing style of QB would set this team over the top with the run game and be able to carry wins when the run got boxed up. With that being said, Dak is the guy... for now and the team will have to play great defense and Zeke will have to play dominant so Dak can do what he does best: drive the bus.

As is *CLEAR* from reading the entire post, the only part that even remotely resembles the argument that was presented is this line (also bolded above so you can find it):

All of the stats in the world do not cover up the fact that the guy struggles to accurately place the ball more than 10 yards down the field.

Does this (or any of the post) verify these claims by kskboys?

And what's being missed here is that it was being screamed from the rooftops by several posters that Dak absolutely could not throw a sideline pass.

and

Ah, a throw that people have been screaming that he unequivocally cannot make, though!!!

Clearly not.

So, he made a claim, and then was asked to support the claim. He whined about it initially. Said he had seen it with his eyes. Finally, he gave in and posted this gem:

OK, guys, this was seriously easy.

Thread: If You Think Dak is Terrible Chime in
Post #: 59

The statement is made that Dak cannot throw more than 10 yds downfield.

I've seen this statement made a ton, and now I've done your homework for you lazy bums!!!!!!!!!!!

Post 59 in mentioned thread is quoted above. Now let's look at kskboys relevant portion:

The statement is made that Dak cannot throw more than 10 yds downfield.

Now compare that to the part of the statement (or the entire thing if you wish) that I bolded before. Does kskboys distortion of the statement accurately represent what was said? No, it most certainly does not. He made a claim (very similar to ones that you made). He found a comment that does not support his claim, changed it so that it would support his claim, and now you and he are trying to dig deeper. That's lying in my book. I don't play stupid political games and say someone "misspoke" when they undeniably lied.

Hey If reading isn't your thing maybe look at the Barnyard scene see if the picture can spell it out for you . Sheesh what a remedial group!!!
Barnyard scene? What the hell are you babbling about now?
Get out of here with that remedial nonsense and stop living in your fantasy world.

If you disagree, then please kindly point out which part of that post actually says that Dak ****CANNOT***** make that play or one similar.

If you cannot do that, then the call still stands, for you or anyone else, to please provide evidence of even a single person saying Dak couldn't make a throw like that.

kskboys says he saw it, but then the evidence he provided doesn't support that, so maybe his eyes are tricking him. Actual verifiable data would be nice.

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
How blatant does it have to be? Well first of all, it has to actually be before it can be blatant.

Let's read the entire thing a few times and maybe your comprehension will finally kick in.

For the record, here is post 59 on the "If you think Dak is terrible chime in thread"

https://cowboyszone.com/threads/if-you-think-dak-is-terrible-chime-in.409782/page-3#post-8301634

As is *CLEAR* from reading the entire post, the only part that even remotely resembles the argument that was presented is this line (also bolded above so you can find it):

and

Clearly not.

So, he made a claim, and then was asked to support the claim. He whined about it initially. Said he had seen it with his eyes. Finally, he gave in and posted this gem:

Post 59 in mentioned thread is quoted above. Now let's look at kskboys relevant portion:

Now compare that to the part of the statement (or the entire thing if you wish) that I bolded before. Does kskboys distortion of the statement accurately represent what was said? No, it most certainly does not. He made a claim (very similar to ones that you made). He found a comment that does not support his claim, changed it so that it would support his claim, and now you and he are trying to dig deeper. That's lying in my book. I don't play stupid political games and say someone "misspoke" when they undeniably lied.

Get out of here with that remedial nonsense and stop living in your fantasy world.

If you disagree, then please kindly point out which part of that post actually says that Dak ****CANNOT***** make that play or one similar.

If you cannot do that, then the call still stands, for you or anyone else, to please provide evidence of even a single person saying Dak couldn't make a throw like that.

kskboys says he saw it, but then the evidence he provided doesn't support that, so maybe his eyes are tricking him. Actual verifiable data would be nice.

The post clearly says he struggles to throw 10 yrds down the field and that he dosent think the problem can be fixed . If you take from that post that Dak can easily make those throws and its a shining endorsement of his skillset fine we see very differently . I see it as bashing our QB just like the barnyard scene in Captain Crashes posts .

Beyond that if you think we are liars because of the way we view these posts you are entitled to your opinion but no real Cowboy fans agree or care what you think . If we choose to back our QB against what we believe is false propaganda its our right .

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yeah...nobody ever said Dak couldn't ever complete a pass more than 10 yards, or even 40-50 yards.

Those that were arguing against his accuracy were saying that he can't reliably and consistently do it.

I'm not in on this argument, but that is what the issue is with those arguing against him

Rayman70

Reaction score
many experts...and statistically speaking...had Dak as THE MOST accurate passer in 2016, and as a rookie no less. So excuse me if some of us here find it appalling that his accuracy is in doubt. Frankly,its unfounded and just funny. While its true that he threw more ints in 2017,what is also true is he was expected to overcompensate for the lack of talent at the skill positions..ie WR...and at times, at RB. Did I mention he was without a true starting left guard and left tackle for like a 4 game stretch? You know what I personally found encouraging after last season ended? The fact we went 9-7 with all we had happen to the team,on and off the field. I truly think its a testament to the leadership of Dak Prescott. Ladies and Gents...we only missed the playoffs by 1 win..THAT IS IT!! I am not worried about Dak. Other areas of the team worry me...like safety and corner.

Blackrain

Reaction score

and

Clearly not.

In How dose Dak compare to other great QBs of this era check posts #4 #20 #33 there is quite a bit of talk through the whole post about Dak not being able to throw sideline 10-20 yrds down the field or to the back shoulder . If the fact that the guy specifies the sideline makes it a lie . MY Bad LOL

Kevinicus

Reaction score
The post clearly says he struggles to throw 10 yrds down the field and that he dosent think the problem can be fixed . If you take from that post that Dak can easily make those throws and its a shining endorsement of his skillset fine we see very differently . I see it as bashing our QB just like the barnyard scene in Captain Crashes posts .

Beyond that if you think we are liars because of the way we view these posts you are entitled to your opinion but no real Cowboy fans agree or care what you think . If we choose to back our QB against what we believe is false propaganda its our right .

Now you're moving the goal posts. This is pathetic. I will continue to call out these lies.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
In How dose Dak compare to other great QBs of this era check posts #4 #20 #33 there is quite a bit of talk through the whole post about Dak not being able to throw sideline 10-20 yrds down the field or to the back shoulder . If the fact that the guy specifies the sideline makes it a lie . MY Bad LOL

What? Posts 4, 20, and 33 where?

You guys have consistently misrepresented what people are saying. I'm not sure if some of you just aren't understanding what the arguments are or what, but there have been several threads on this one path arguing the same false thing.

Rayman70

Reaction score
blacktrain..don't give these folks the time of day. No disrespect meant to anyone...but it won't matter to them if Dak was the next coming...they are going to cast doubt. As for me, I plan on supporting my team through thick and thin on the field. Dak has given me no reason to doubt him. Like any QB..he needs some help. Mark my words black train...if Dak throws a pass over 30 yards accurately against Cincy this week..you will hear that play dissected 10 ways to Sunday and picked apart. lol....I firmly believe some of the hatred for Dak has zero to do with his play on the field...and think its politically motivated..but its under the guise of "he's inaccurate" ...ITS A TOTAL SHAM. I'm callin bs right now. Dak is a good young man on and off the field.We are lucky to have him. GO COWBOYS!!!

Blackrain

Reaction score
What? Posts 4, 20, and 33 where?

You guys have consistently misrepresented what people are saying. I'm not sure if some of you just aren't understanding what the arguments are or what, but there have been several threads on this one path arguing the same false thing.

OMG In the thread HOW DOSE DAK COMPARE TO OTHER GREAT QBS OF THIS ERA CALL OUT THE LIES STRIKE US ALL DOWN What a hoot . While your at it see if you can locate where Erod called Dak a Noodle Arm in the Mechanics thread and give me your freakin interpretation if that means he can throw past 10 yrds or not . LOLOL

Im done Im a big fat liar nobody has questioned Daks arm strength or accuracy I made it all up!!!

Last edited:

Blackrain

Reaction score
blacktrain..don't give these folks the time of day. No disrespect meant to anyone...but it won't matter to them if Dak was the next coming...they are going to cast doubt. As for me, I plan on supporting my team through thick and thin on the field. Dak has given me no reason to doubt him. Like any QB..he needs some help. Mark my words black train...if Dak throws a pass over 30 yards accurately against Cincy this week..you will hear that play dissected 10 ways to Sunday and picked apart. lol....I firmly believe some of the hatred for Dak has zero to do with his play on the field...and think its politically motivated..but its under the guise of "he's inaccurate" ...ITS A TOTAL SHAM. I'm callin bs right now. Dak is a good young man on and off the field.We are lucky to have him. GO COWBOYS!!!

Great post my Cowboy brother and I 100% agree . It dosent matter what Dak dose they will pick it apart . I am in his corner and believe in my heart he is good for our team and will bring us success and make us proud .
GO COWBOYS!!

Kevinicus

Reaction score
OMG In the thread HOW DOSE DAK COMPARE TO OTHER GREAT QBS OF THIS ERA CALL OUT THE LIES STRIKE US ALL DOWN What a hoot . While your at it see if you can locate where Erod called Dak a Noodle Arm in the Mechanics thread and give me your freakin interpretation if that means he can throw past 10 yrds or not . LOLOL

Im done Im a big fat liar nobody has questioned Daks arm strength or accuracy I made it all up!!!

First, with erod...Yes, absolutely a noodle arm QB in the NFL can throw it 10 yards. Was that supposed to be a serious question? Are you trolling with that? You do realize this is the NFL we're talking about and not Pop Warner....right?

Is it that hard for you guys to actually provide a link to at least one post? Which sub-forum is that in?

NM...found it.

I don't know why there is so much resistance to the fact that Dak just isn't a top 5 passer. Didn't take a 7 step drop without play action until week 14 of season 1 because his footwork wasn't ready for it; can hit Witten and Beasley in the middle of the field until the defense just clogged the middle of the field and forced balls to the outside; unable to get Dez the ball unless he ran some kind of "in" route or slant. Sure people blame Dez for that but Romo didn't have that problem getting the ball to Dez.

I wouldn't want to pay franchise money for a guy who can't throw to an outside WR 10-20 yards downfield. I can't tell yet if Dak is working to improve that part of his game or if the plan is to scheme around it now by using more 10 personnel. Either way we need a solution to defenses clogging the middle of the field.

What exactly do you think is meant, in the big picture of playing QB by "a guy who can't throw to an outside WR 10-20 yards downfield?" I'm curious, in your great reading comprehension skills if you think that means he literally can't throw a ball 10-20 yards? Do you understand that people are talking about "Out Routes?"

In fact, if you look at the 3rd post you mentioned (all by the same guy btw) it spells this out for you...

Not consistently. Happy for someone to show me I'm wrong about it. I spent a lot of time last year looking for sideline throws that were not just go routes. Just didn't see them unless they were in the 5-7 yard range. Can't remember the last time one of our WR's had to work to keep his feet in bounds to catch a ball.

I'm sure someone can find a few plays last year where this kind of throw was made, but I'd watch other games and see those kinds of throws and catches 3-5 times a game. If defenses clog the middle of the field that is what is open and we still didn't see those passes.

Last edited:

Kevinicus

Reaction score
And I really hope you're not basing your entire argument for this thread, etc. on the idea that when someone says a guy can't make these outside throws that they are literally saying that the guy physically can't do it. There is a certain expectation of understanding that is assumed with those statements. An expectation that you know they are talking about being able to do it consistently.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Great post my Cowboy brother and I 100% agree . It dosent matter what Dak dose they will pick it apart . I am in his corner and believe in my heart he is good for our team and will bring us success and make us proud .
GO COWBOYS!!
Thank you . I just wish some posters would leave politics out of their posts...at least when talking about sports and our Dallas Cowboys. None of us are experts...so it shouldn't be a spitting contest...it should have nothing to do with blue,red, black, white, or standing or not standing...The poster who mentioned something about the guy in the Whitehouse should prolly rethink that post. WE ARE ALL COWBOY FANS AND PURESTS. Leave our damn football alone! I know thats a random rant lol..Its just SOME of these posters are either delusional or want to argue with us for the sake of arguing. OK.....that was me on my soap box...sorry, carry on.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
lol..Reginald Denney. man how could I forget. Poor dude. If I recall, wasn't he hit in the head with a fire hydrant or something? I remember the footage was freakin brutal. But anywho...how bout dem cowboys?
LoL,,,Ya, he was one of them there BAD-A**ED TRUCKERS, & started running his C.B. radio ratchet jaw outta' his rig's window during that riot& the frenzied to brigandage insanity of Margret Sanger's storm troopers busted a perfectly good cast block of concrete ,utilizing his cranium as the apex/ fulcrum ,,,o_O

:yourock:COWBOYS:yourock:

that Driver could've just as easily, chilled out on his air ride seat,,,behind the wheel, till the circus rolled on through, Too!o_O

Rayman70

Reaction score
LoL,,,Ya, he was one of them there BAD-A**ED TRUCKERS, & started running his C.B. radio ratchet jaw outta' his rig's window during that riot& the frenzied to brigandage insanity of Margret Sanger's storm troopers busted a perfectly good cast block of concrete ,utilizing his cranium as the apex/ fulcrum ,,,o_O

:yourock:COWBOYS:yourock:

that Driver could've just as easily, chilled out on his air ride seat,,,behind the wheel, till the circus rolled on through, Too!o_O
another words ..he got the poop knocked out of him..lol

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Thank you . I just wish some posters would leave politics out of their posts...at least when talking about sports and our Dallas Cowboys. None of us are experts...so it shouldn't be a spitting contest...it should have nothing to do with blue,red, black, white, or standing or not standing...The poster who mentioned something about the guy in the Whitehouse should prolly rethink that post. WE ARE ALL COWBOY FANS AND PURESTS. Leave our damn football alone! I know thats a random rant lol..Its just SOME of these posters are either delusional or want to argue with us for the sake of arguing. OK.....that was me on my soap box...sorry, carry on.
+1 point awarded,,, fer' being a natural cool kinda' dude in the above post!,,,,:thumbup:

:starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin::starspin:

chagus

Reaction score
Yeah...I think the whole "Dak can't throw the deep ball accurately" got put to bed very fast last night. lol. You can't drop a dime better than he did. Let me say this..the rookie(Gallup) needs a nick name. I'm gonna call him silk. He glides smoothe as silk..with ease. He makes TWill look pretty bad. Hope that changes.We need TWILL to improve.
I thought TWill looked pretty good in light of his off field issues and injury. He shut up his doubters.