The impossible happened

Flamma

Reaction score
And they're still using that as proof that Romo would have been okay if he was given the starting QB job back. lol

I understand why Romo wasn't given his job back. But I think Romo was a better QB. Even Jimmy Johnson didn't remove Aikman's replacement in 1991. If you have a streak going you stick with it. Was Steve Beuerlein better than Troy Aikman? Of course not. Was Dak better than Romo? Not a chance.

Blackrain

Reaction score
As soon as Dak let that ball go, he just silenced all doubters! What do you think? 6y 150m$ opening offer? Can’t spell Elite without.... The E in Prescott!

It was fun to see for sure . From where he threw it looked like 35-38 yrds in the air so its cool for week one . The Doom and Gloomers will be on him like a pack of hounds as soon as he has the first miscue . They live for him to fail LOLOL

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
I understand why Romo wasn't given his job back. But I think Romo was a better QB. Even Jimmy Johnson didn't remove Aikman's replacement in 1991. If you have a streak going you stick with it. Was Steve Beuerlein better than Troy Aikman? Of course not. Was Dak better than Romo? Not a chance.
Of course Romo was a better QB. Aikman was also a lot younger than Romo was when he went down. If Tony would have went down in his third season he would have gotten his job back. Romo got knocked out two straight seasons. If it wasn't for Dak that would have been 2 wasted seasons. And Tony would have went down again. He was finished and he knew it. How many wasted seasons were we all supposed to put up with ? And it wasn't like we won many playoff games with Tony anyway. Dak wasn't the reason we lost that playoff game.

Flamma

Reaction score
Of course Romo was a better QB. Aikman was also a lot younger than Romo was when he went down. If Tony would have went down in his third season he would have gotten his job back. Romo got knocked out two straight seasons. If it wasn't for Dak that would have been 2 wasted seasons. And Tony would have went down again. He was finished and he knew it. How many wasted seasons were we all supposed to put up with ? And it wasn't like we won many playoff games with Tony anyway. Dak wasn't the reason we lost that playoff game.

I agree with you on so many points here. You pretty much spelled it out. But even if Tony went down again, we still had Dak. So it wouldn't be a wasted season. We're never going to know if Dallas would have beaten GB with Romo at the helm. I'm thinking no, because I believe you're right, Dak wasn't the reason we lost.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Man,I must really be slipping, as I thought fer' sure it was only a 30 yarder he'd slung for the T.D.,,,:huh:,,,,oh- well!

:starspin:YEA-TEAM:starspin:

Rayman70

Reaction score
Man,I must really be slipping, as I thought fer' sure it was only a 30 yarder he'd slung for the T.D.,,,:huh:,,,,oh- well!

:starspin:YEA-TEAM:starspin:
We still goin on the Dak "implied mediocre QB " narrative? My GAWD...can't believe we are still beating this dead horse. Guess if he throws a 50 yarder this week against Cincy the next thread title will be Dak can't make a throw accurately over 50 yards.

Melonfeud

Reaction score
We still goin on the Dak "implied mediocre QB " narrative? My GAWD...can't believe we are still beating this dead horse. Guess if he throws a 50 yarder this week against Cincy the next thread title will be Dak can't make a throw accurately over 50 yards.
Hell if I know, Rayman7-0?,,,but this is twice I've seen it posted up as a 40 yarder by different fellow members & I'd almost lay cash money down is to it being a 30 yard pass,,,now,either I'M once again inadvertently mistaken in what I'd thought I'd saw,,,,or ,,,I've a few "bass fishermen" extolling an expanded version of their day on the water,,,,no more/no lesso_O

Verdict

Reaction score
It's utterly ridiculous to ask for links of easily found stuff on these board.

It is also pretty annoying how some of these guys demand "proof" but no amount of proof would ever change their minds. LOL

Or how about the ones saying they want a link or a citation to an opinion. Lol.

If they want something they can go look it up.

Verdict

Reaction score
We have had 10 x as many threads stating he could not make this play and had to endure them all freakin summer so its time for something positive to get equal time.

I feel ya. I felt the same way about all the threads and posts saying Dez would never get cut, and would get a raise if we cut him and people would be lined up to sign him etc. Yeah. It's nice to get equal time with the other side of the story, isn't it.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
OK, guys, this was seriously easy.

Thread: If You Think Dak is Terrible Chime in
Post #: 59

The statement is made that Dak cannot throw more than 10 yds downfield.

I've seen this statement made a ton, and now I've done your homework for you lazy bums!!!!!!!!!!!

Like I said previously...why do you constantly feel the need to lie?

that the guy struggles to accurately place the ball more than 10 yards down the field.

Somehow to you that equals "screaming" that Dak "cannot throw more than 10 yards downfield" or that he "can't" make the throw in that game.

That's a flat out lie.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
It is also pretty annoying how some of these guys demand "proof" but no amount of proof would ever change their minds. LOL

You can't look up something that doesn't exist.

That poster lied. He went and typed out his "proof" and changed it to fit his story. I thought it was odd he didn't just post a link since that is much easier than typing all of that out. It was because he was lying and hoping no one would look.

Rayman70

Reaction score
The impossible happened? Did Dez get a job?
supposedly he is visiting the Browns,but even they are wary of signing him. Its pretty bad if the Browns don't want you or have reservations. Most of it I think is self inflicted wounds by Dez via Social media...all media that is. He runs his mouth,almost making it impossible to land a gig. Not to mention he's not a polished wr and his production is poor.

kskboys

Reaction score
Like I said previously...why do you constantly feel the need to lie?

Somehow to you that equals "screaming" that Dak "cannot throw more than 10 yards downfield" or that he "can't" make the throw in that game.

That's a flat out lie.
So, your answer is to accuse someone of something they didn't do?

Seriously, dude, you need help. Have you considered consulting a professional?

This might be the weakest and most childish response I've seen here. I mean, seriously, a guy gets asked for proof, he provides it, and your answer is "Nuh uh".

You are really strange.

kskboys

Reaction score

Especially something similar to what I was just asked. I mean, if a poster really hasn't seen the bashing of Dak, they're like avoiding reading it or something.

Kevinicus

Reaction score
So, your answer is to accuse someone of something they didn't do?

Seriously, dude, you need help. Have you considered consulting a professional?

This might be the weakest and most childish response I've seen here. I mean, seriously, a guy gets asked for proof, he provides it, and your answer is "Nuh uh".

You are really strange.

You didn't provide proof. You lied about what the post said.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score

Tony was on the downside of his career anyway, injured or not...

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Hell if I know, Rayman7-0?,,,but this is twice I've seen it posted up as a 40 yarder by different fellow members & I'd almost lay cash money down is to it being a 30 yard pass,,,now,either I'M once again inadvertently mistaken in what I'd thought I'd saw,,,,or ,,,I've a few "bass fishermen" extolling an expanded version of their day on the water,,,,no more/no lesso_O

It is officially a 30 yard td pass because the NFL uses the distance from the spot of the ball to the goal line. Ball was spotted on the 30 and the pass directly resulted in a touchdown, ergo it's a 30 yard td pass.

But as far as the actual distance the throw traveled in the air, Dak had dropped back about 9 yards but stepped up it appears to me to about the 37 yard line when he let the ball go. Gallup caught the ball at about the 5 I think, didn't find a distance video to let me see that exactly, but then he threw it at an angle, which means the ball has to go about a bit farther.

Plotting that in a computer graphing program I use, it works out to about a 38 yard in-the-air throw.

Which means it doesn't make any significant difference.....

Melonfeud

Reaction score
In the immortal voice of Rodney King: "CAN'T WE ALL JUST GET ALONG?" :facepalm:
I'm sure a "pre" scull fractured Reginald Denny,,, was thinking too!
It is officially a 30 yard td pass because the NFL uses the distance from the spot of the ball to the goal line. Ball was spotted on the 30 and the pass directly resulted in a touchdown, ergo it's a 30 yard td pass.

But as far as the actual distance the throw traveled in the air, Dak had dropped back about 9 yards but stepped up it appears to me to about the 37 yard line when he let the ball go. Gallup caught the ball at about the 5 I think, didn't find a distance video to let me see that exactly, but then he threw it at an angle, which means the ball has to go about a bit farther.

Plotting that in a computer graphing program I use, it works out to about a 38 yard in-the-air throw.

Which means it doesn't make any significant difference.....
,,,er,,,I reject yer' cyber uplinked key*board reality,friend!,,,,& say,Bull****o_O
:hammer:
*:starspin::clap::starspin: