The Jerry Sandusky Trial Thread *Sandusky Guilty - Post #93*

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
nyc-cowboy;4591148 said:
Whats equally disgusting is the ppl who help cover it up or looked the other way.

I wouldn't say equally but I agree. It should be any adults responsibility to protect those kids.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4591071 said:
What do you mean?

I did read if he gets convicted on all counts he could be looking at 500 years.

Pennsylvania does have death penalty. Why isn't he up for that? Regardless, he might get murdered anyway in prison.

In the Army you can be sentenced to life without parole.

Rape is punishable by death, too.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
casmith07;4591238 said:
In the Army you can be sentenced to life without parole.

Rape is punishable by death, too.

I see, I like the way they run.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4591276 said:
I see, I like the way they run.

Rape statute changes on the 28th, though. Max is LWOP.

Child crimes get easier to prove, though. An unconstitutional provision was removed. Someone in Congress threw it in at the last minute in 07.

But to get back on topic, the "more than 500 years in prison" could be misleading if the sentences are to be served concurrently. He'll also be eligible for parole.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
casmith07;4591297 said:
Rape statute changes on the 28th, though. Max is LWOP.

Child crimes get easier to prove, though. An unconstitutional provision was removed. Someone in Congress threw it in at the last minute in 07.

But to get back on topic, the "more than 500 years in prison" could be misleading if the sentences are to be served concurrently. He'll also be eligible for parole.

He could easily get denied though if he makes it to parole.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4591306 said:
He could easily get denied though if he makes it to parole.

Of course he could. But he might still be eligible :(

Rogah

Reaction score
casmith07;4591343 said:
Of course he could. But he might still be eligible :(
Heck, even Charles Manson is eligible for parole. But there are some people whom I think may be technically eligible, but probably shouldn't bet on getting it anytime soon.

RastaRocket

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4591493 said:
Once he's inside, you know he won't make it to any parole.

Yep that's what I'm thinking. He's going to have to be put in a protected area for whatever it's worth. Somebody will still come after him though.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
casmith07;4591862 said:
@cnnbrk: Court document: Former Penn State official Gary Schultz "created, maintained, and possessed" secret file on Sandusky. http://t.co/G5M5RKmg

Yeah, that fact is interesting...

So was this that came out at the trial...

"John McQueary (Mike's father) told the court he approached former university vice president Gary Schultz about the allegations to follow-up on his son's report to the university. The elder McQueary said Schultz told him he'd heard "noises" previously about Sandusky misconduct."

Another one of those "smoking guns" of what folks knew about the 1998 event(s). I simply can't believe that the highest heads at the college along with the football team weren't aware of the 1998 misdeeds.

Rogah

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;4591888 said:
Yeah, that fact is interesting...

So was this that came out at the trial...

"John McQueary (Mike's father) told the court he approached former university vice president Gary Schultz about the allegations to follow-up on his son's report to the university. The elder McQueary said Schultz told him he'd heard "noises" previously about Sandusky misconduct."

Another one of those "smoking guns" of what folks knew about the 1998 event(s). I simply can't believe that the highest heads at the college along with the football team weren't aware of the 1998 misdeeds.
Well, the Penn State University endowment is probably going to lose about a hundred million dollars in the coming years, give or take.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Remember when this story first broke and so many people insisted there was no way the university would've or even could've covered this up?...

RastaRocket

Reaction score
So are the same people with these "secret files" the same people that fired Paterno?

If so, that is messed up.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
RastaRocket;4592088 said:
So are the same people with these "secret files" the same people that fired Paterno?

If so, that is messed up.

Yes, they are.

Yes, it's messed up. This school's got a long, difficult road ahead.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Mike McQueary's father testified yesterday.

John McQueary, the father of a then-graduate assistant who says he witnessed a rape, also took the stand Wednesday.

"I knew there was something wrong," the elder McQueary said, describing a phone conversation with his son after the alleged incident.

"I said, 'What's the matter?' " McQueary recalled. His son, Mike, then told him: 'Coach Sandusky (was) in the shower with a young boy,' " he testified.

The former coach "was positioned behind the young man, and I believe he said up against the shower wall," the elder McQueary said. "He said, 'It didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what was going on.' "

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/14/justice/pennsylvania-sandusky-trial/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

---

The janitor also testified that he "saw 4 legs" in a shower once.

Judge says that the case is moving faster than expected -- this is likely because there isn't a ton of cross examination going on. I have two theories for this: (1) Amendola is not a very good defense attorney, and/or (2) there isn't really a lot to ask, because the testimony is so damning.

Courtroom sketch of Mike McQueary on the stand:

_60866377_60866376.jpg

joseephuss

Reaction score
casmith07;4592825 said:
Judge says that the case is moving faster than expected -- this is likely because there isn't a ton of cross examination going on. I have two theories for this: (1) Amendola is not a very good defense attorney, and/or (2) there isn't really a lot to ask, because the testimony is so damning.

Is that really a theory anymore? Seems most people don't think Amendola is a good defense attorney.

Manwiththeplan

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;4591493 said:
Once he's inside, you know he won't make it to any parole.

people say that, but child molesters do serve in jail with out getting killed

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
RastaRocket;4591204 said:
I wouldn't say equally but I agree. It should be any adults responsibility to protect those kids.

Yes maybe not equally but dayum - you gotta say something.