The Jerry Sandusky Trial Thread *Sandusky Guilty - Post #93*

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Details from some defense testimony today are emerging...

BELLEFONTE, Pa. -– Two witnesses described sharing communal showers with young boys as something "very common" that is done "all the time" when the defense team for Jerry Sandusky, the former Penn State coach accused of assaulting multiple young boys, began its case Monday.

The first witness, former Penn State assistant coach Dick Anderson, testified that he worked with Sandusky for about 30 years. While Anderson spoke to his friend's "wonderful" reputation, he also made key revelations during cross-examination by prosecutor Joseph McGettigan III.

Asked if he ever saw Sandusky shower with boys, Anderson said, "Yes. I have also."

McGettigan appeared momentarily taken aback by the answer. After a brief pause, he followed up the question with, "Eleven-year-olds?" Anderson replied, "Yes."

"I do it all the time,” Anderson added. "There are regularly young boys at the YMCA showering at the same time that there are older people showering."

While he confirmed he had showered with young boys, Anderson said he never hugged or touched them while doing so.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
This will be the nail in the coffin if it gets in.

The comments came in the months before the trial - including a newly released, previously un-aired excerpt from a November NBC interview in which he said, while explaining that he had helped many young people through a charity he founded, that he "didn’t go around seeking out every young person for sexual needs that I’ve helped."

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/06/1...-about-child-sex-abuse-allegations/?hpt=hp_c1

:facepalm:

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
And this!?

In an interview with The New York Times published December 3, Sandusky attempted to clarify how he feels about his relationships with young people.

"If I say, 'No, I'm not attracted to young boys,' that's not the truth," Sandusky said. "Because I'm attracted to young people - boys, girls - I ..."

His lawyer, who was present at the interview, spoke up at that point to note that Sandusky is "not sexually" attracted to them.

"Right. I enjoy, that's what I was trying to say, I enjoy spending time with young people. I enjoy spending time with people," Sandusky continued. "I mean my two favorite groups are the elderly and the young."

JEEZE. Lock this guy up already.

Reaction score
Haven't been following this trial much, but what the hell is taking so long to put this sick ******* away? The evidence is more than enough to put him away isn't it?

joseephuss

Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4597930 said:
Haven't been following this trial much, but what the hell is taking so long to put this sick ******* away? The evidence is more than enough to put him away isn't it?

Okay, but everyone has a right to mount their defense. I don't see how he doesn't get a guilty verdict, but he is still in the process of presenting his defense.

The30YardSlant

Benched
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4597930 said:

Due process

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
joseephuss;4597961 said:
Did it get in? The prosecution rested their case yesterday, but I didn't hear if they introduced the transcript of that interview into evidence.

I haven't read that it got in anywhere...seems like the media outlets just found out about it recently.

I think what they're planning to do is use it for impeachment purposes if Sandusky takes the stand.

I'll tell you right now...taking the stand is absolutely the worst thing that he could possibly do. He's already cooked, but to expose him to cross-examination might be grounds for a claim of ineffective assistance of counsel...Amendola is terrible.

joseephuss

Reaction score
casmith07;4598011 said:
I haven't read that it got in anywhere...seems like the media outlets just found out about it recently.

I think what they're planning to do is use it for impeachment purposes if Sandusky takes the stand.

I'll tell you right now...taking the stand is absolutely the worst thing that he could possibly do. He's already cooked, but to expose him to cross-examination might be grounds for a claim of ineffective assistance of counsel...Amendola is terrible.

I asked about that possibility a few months ago. He is bad.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Character witnesses really don't mean much to me in this case and shouldn't to the jury. Of course Sandusky is going to put on the "Nice, Guy, Good Guy" act up around everyone else, he's not going to come out in the open and make it obvious that he is a pedophile because he wants to keep going after victims. That's the whole point of child molesters they make it seem like they can be trusted around children.

Is anyone worried that the jury's connection to Penn State might get Sandusky a not guilty verdict? Because of Sandusky's connection to Penn state, they might not believe that he is guilty or be in denial because they don't want to believe that a coach for Penn State would so something like that.

I want to believe that they will do the right thing and put this sicko behind bars. But some are making a big deal of the jury being connected to Penn State and saying that it's what the defense would want.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Nothing but media building a story. They have no choice but to convict on the evidence.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
casmith07;4598525 said:
Nothing but media building a story. They have no choice but to convict on the evidence.

You're right the evidence is so overwhelming that any jury with morals and common sense would put him behind bars. If Sandusky takes the stand he'll bury himself even more if his interviews are any hint to how he would testify on the stand. The defense would be smart not to put him up. But Sandusky has gotten away with it so called that perhaps he thinks that he can charm the jury into believing that he is innocent like he fooled others around him into believing that he was some nice, upstanding guy.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Defense rested today without calling Sandusky to the stand. Now deliberations will begin.

JackWagon

Reaction score
This is gonna be a dark spot on sports for quite a while. I really think they covered this up back in 1999 when they made Sandusky resign. Which allowed him to take advantage of even more young people. Disgusting.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
Why is Sandusky smiling/smirking in every picture I see of him coming and going from the court house? These are serious accusations whether guilty or innocent.

We know that he is guilty you would think that he would know and that the thought of going to prison for a long time would make him treat this seriously.

If by the slim, slim chances that he was innocent than being accused of doing such horrible things would make him very angry.

He seems amused by it all, but hopefully soon within the next couple of days a guilty verdict and knowing that he'll go to prison for a long time will wipe that smile off of his face.

RastaRocket

Sanka, Ya Dead Mon? Ya Mon.
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4598494 said:
Character witnesses really don't mean much to me in this case and shouldn't to the jury. Of course Sandusky is going to put on the "Nice, Guy, Good Guy" act up around everyone else, he's not going to come out in the open and make it obvious that he is a pedophile because he wants to keep going after victims. That's the whole point of child molesters they make it seem like they can be trusted around children.

Is anyone worried that the jury's connection to Penn State might get Sandusky a not guilty verdict? Because of Sandusky's connection to Penn state, they might not believe that he is guilty or be in denial because they don't want to believe that a coach for Penn State would so something like that.

I want to believe that they will do the right thing and put this sicko behind bars. But some are making a big deal of the jury being connected to Penn State and saying that it's what the defense would want.

Joepa got fired. I'm pretty sure if any of the jury members are from Penn State they want this guy gone for a long, long time.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Romo_To_Dez;4598617 said:
Why is Sandusky smiling/smirking in every picture I see of him coming and going from the court house?

Because he's a disgusting human being.

Muhast

Newo
Reaction score
I don't know if it was posted, but on Monday Colin Cowherd played a clip from the Costa interview with Sandusky that apparently was cut from the original, where Sandusky basically walks into calling himself a sexual predator.

We all know about the famous "yes I'm attracted to young boys, I love their energy" comments, but Costa followed up by saying Sexual Predators target certain people, and asked why Sandusky admits giving special treatment to certain boys. Ones that had family issues, asking why Sandusky seemed to spend more time with ones that had less parental guidance and Sandusky basically says he purposely hung out with those.

Anybody else hear it?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Cowboys&LakersFan;4599152 said:
Yup. A guilty verdict can't come soon enough. Any guess when this thing ends?

I would imagine the verdict will come sometime next week. They have 51 counts to deliberate over. Maybe not even by the end of next week.