Twitter: The Jones family has been on vacation this week during FA *confirmed*

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I honestly don’t mind them being on vacation. Actually they should stay away and let the real professionals do the work. Only thing left is letting those professionals have free reign and pull the trigger.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
Every NFL team's executives go on vacation this week.
Exactly!! Every other GM in the NFL is in his office working to improve their team and Jerry and Stephen are making toast in the Bahamas. To those fans who think Jerry and Steven being in the Bahamas is no issue, HOW COME NO OTHER GM’S in the NFL are taking a vacation at this time ? I realize there is modern technology to communicate all over the world, but if you are focusing on your toast speech, you are not doing everything possible to make your billion dollar franchise a WINNER!!

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
why? There was a whole group of guys that hung out all the time. Witten and Romo were close with Garrett and the jones family. Romo is close with stephens son.

and if you guys think this meant anything understand Garrett benched Romo for Dak during the season. So it meant nothing.
Of course it meant something. Garrett’s relationship should have stayed professional with Romo and Witten.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
I honestly don’t mind them being on vacation. Actually they should stay away and let the real professionals do the work. Only thing left is letting those professionals have free reign and pull the trigger.

I'd trade it all of they found a professional to coach.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
So rather than take your phone and conduct any critical business through the actual de facto GM you pay GM money to, you'd have forced 10-12 grandchildren out of school?
Stop lying to yourself.
Are you kidding. All those grand children are going to be fine missing a few days of school. I definitely would have paid to have the wedding changed if I was Jerry. That’s a no brainer.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
as far as running the cowboys are concerned the jones have been on vacation for a long time like 22 years so this is nothing new they are making money by the boatloads whether they win or lose when training camp starts there will be huge crowds every day they will keep spending money and jones will keep making it being serious about the cowboys winning a superbowl while garrett and the jones are running the show will only get you lots of heart ache

coult44

Reaction score
We better not give up draft picks and 11 million per year for Thomas when we could have had Honey Badger for only 7 million per year. A younger and healthier play making safety. I could see Jerry doing it though because he was to busy, making toast at a wedding in the Bahamas, to get the Honey Badger signed. If it is true they are vacationing during the first few days of FA, this organization truly is a JOKE!!! I bet it is true too.

ET is a HOF safety who had a freak broken leg injury. Bones heal much better than bad knees. TM is nowhere close to Thomas.

birdwells1

Reaction score
Do they? Show us your list of itineraries for the other 31 owners's families. Is everyone with the last name of Blank or Rooney or Mara sitting at a desk pouring over player information and draft profiles?

Its the gm thats on vacation that im concerned about not the owner.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
"Jerry needs to let the coaching staff do their job and stop micromanaging."

"Damn it Jones, for not being in the same room as your coaching staff the entire FA."

coult44

Reaction score
Typically I tend to take a step back when the majority of fans freak out, panic and think the sky is falling over matters that we aren't in full possession of the facts.
Some fans act like we have a bottomless pot of gold (good timing for this reference) and have to sit in the same room throughout all of free agency.
I know everyone wants the biggest FA names/players but there's a lot to consider. Imagine if we paid a butt=load of money to some of the players who are asking more than we should spend. Fans would lose their minds.

Why would they freak out? Honestly

ESisback

Reaction score
Its the gm thats on vacation that im concerned about not the owner.
Who? Jerry? Stephen? Clay? Whoever it is, show us proof that he passed on vital team business to drink Pina Coladas and do the Macarena.

If Jerry's family is somewhere celebrating someone's nuptials, and Jerry takes a few hours to jet somewhere and make a toast, does that mean the team is not taking care of business? People make assumptions, then twist them into "facts" to fit their agenda. I'm not defending Jerry the GM--just asking people to not jump to conclusions.

willia451

Reaction score
These con men are laughing at us. But not me. I haven't
given then a dime is over a decade. My son-in-law did.

But that's on him.

qFHDPYG.gif

waving monkey

Reaction score
I'm flabbergasted at how many fans find nothing wrong with this, no that actually debating this with me. If I were a Jones supporter I'd see this thread and honestly stay away because I couldn't, in my right mind, defend this. You guy have way more guts than me or you're just shameless like the Joneses, Romos, Wittens.
Show me where Jones could not be effective from Bahamas. Make and effective criticism of the fault of going to the Bahamas right now.

FineFan

Reaction score
Dallas doesn't have much $$$ available. They went after WR Watkins, didn't happen, , They should mostly keep signing their own players and acquire some cheap FAs again, or pick players cut from TC on the cheap. More than likely with 10 picks they'll make a move up in the draft., and probably a WR, or not!:omg: