The Lance Era begins today

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wish Ill? I dont wish Dak ill, but him holding the team hostage is not something I like, so If love to kick *** so we could move on from Dak and get back to football and not have to deal with players that think they need the biggest contract in the league to be happy.
Did I say you? Paranoid?

Chasing6

Reaction score

The Cowboys play their first preseason game today against the Rams. Trey Lance is expected to get the majority of the QB snaps. It’ll be the first time seeing him in a game since Dallas traded a fourth-round pick for him last August.

Lance: “I’m just looking forward to playing ball again. I’m going in this game the same as I’ve gone into every game my whole entire life, college, high school, whatever. I don’t put too much extra (pressure) into it. I’m going to play. It’s not like I’m going to play any harder than I have in the past or not as hard. It’s a big game for me, big game for us. I’m excited to go out and play well.”

Mike McCarthy: “I’m real excited to go compete with him. … Just like any young quarterback, particularly if you look at his flight here, as much drop-back passing opportunities that I can give him I think will be a benefit. … He doesn’t cut any corners. He has a great work ethic. Just like anything, you want to see one of your guys go have some success, because he’s definitely put the work in.”

Era is a strong word. It could also be the end of his career.

Streifenkarl

Reaction score
In a world of 8 billion people, only two
GjVR6xV.png
dictate when the next Dallas Cowboys starting quarterback's era will actually begin.
I only wish they'd dictated it already. I'd rather have the new era beginn sooner than later but ANY decision is better than this.

shabazz

Reaction score
"The legend lives on from the Chippewa on down........."

J/K.....hope he balls out today

Hadenough

Reaction score

The Cowboys play their first preseason game today against the Rams. Trey Lance is expected to get the majority of the QB snaps. It’ll be the first time seeing him in a game since Dallas traded a fourth-round pick for him last August.

Lance: “I’m just looking forward to playing ball again. I’m going in this game the same as I’ve gone into every game my whole entire life, college, high school, whatever. I don’t put too much extra (pressure) into it. I’m going to play. It’s not like I’m going to play any harder than I have in the past or not as hard. It’s a big game for me, big game for us. I’m excited to go out and play well.”

Mike McCarthy: “I’m real excited to go compete with him. … Just like any young quarterback, particularly if you look at his flight here, as much drop-back passing opportunities that I can give him I think will be a benefit. … He doesn’t cut any corners. He has a great work ethic. Just like anything, you want to see one of your guys go have some success, because he’s definitely put the work in.”

Now if he can just show something in these games that would be fantastic. I heard Jayden Daniels looks very good too.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I expect nothing more than at least 1 wow play and lots of what he’s already shown he is….not much at all.

However, it’s all good news if he actually shines in preseason. If that happens, maybe we try to move on. Resigning Lance might be possible for 30-35 million if he’s our starter in 2025. If we resign Dak, then maybe we can trade Lance and get something for him before he becomes a free agent.

rambo2

Reaction score
I expect nothing more than at least 1 wow play and lots of what he’s already shown he is….not much at all.

However, it’s all good news if he actually shines in preseason. If that happens, maybe we try to move on. Resigning Lance might be possible for 30-35 million if he’s our starter in 2025. If we resign Dak, then maybe we can trade Lance and get something for him before he becomes a free agent.
Lance has nothing to do with Dak.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score

Lance pre season era begins today and ends at the end of pre season. Oh well

DoctorChicken

Reaction score
The only ones saying it are the Dak-stans, so take the source with a grain of salt.
I’m not a Dak Stan and I’ve seen Lance play poorly.

The media who has reported on his poor play aren’t “Dak Stans”.

The 49ers fans who saw him play like butt cheek in camp for two years and the coaches who traded him away probably aren’t “Dak stans” either.

I’m not saying Lance will be terrible, but he still has to prove that he’s any good. You know damn well it isn’t just “Dak stans” who have criticized Lance for poor performances.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

Rooting for Lance. He’s working at it.