The Lance Era begins today

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
From what I’ve seen from the video from camp, maybe make this dude our RB. He looks super fast out there.
He’s 6’4” 226 and fast. He probably wouldn’t go for that though.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If they sign Dak I don't care how the guy plays. He wouldn't see any daylight for another 5 years here. I don't know what Jerry has planned but basically I'm gonna continue ignoring everything pre season. Total lethargy on my side.
Are you going to watch the preseason games?

TwistedL0g1k

Reaction score
Lance isn't trade bait. He was brought in to be the potential starter. Can't wait to see the next 3 games- hope he puts the pressure on Dak.

The premise of this thread is correct. Lance is most probably the starter next season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Really? I thought it was impartial reporters that covered the team as well? A quick search brought this up and I’ve heard it all camp.
https://www.si.com/nfl/cowboys/news/cowboys-beat-reporters-aren-t-sold-on-trey-lance-as-qb2
In your mind you believe fans of the team are wanting Lance to be bad? That sounds real dumb.

Seriously, only a real life *** **** would root against a player on the team they like. It’s one of the stupidest things I’ve heard of.
It’s bizarre how many stake their entire existence here to hate on just 1 player. A player on the team they supposedly love. It’s an indication of some wires that got crossed at birth.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
if he struggles in preseason against vanilla defenses, the lance era may never get off the ground. He needs to light up the rams. Still looking at the 2025 draft for answers.
He needs to "light them up"...just playing well isn;t good enough for you , eh?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wish Ill? I dont wish Dak ill, but him holding the team hostage is not something I like, so If love to kick *** so we could move on from Dak and get back to football and not have to deal with players that think they need the biggest contract in the league to be happy.
What’s the specifics of Dak’s contract demands?

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lance isn't trade bait. He was brought in to be the potential starter. Can't wait to see the next 3 games- hope he puts the pressure on Dak.

The premise of this thread is correct. Lance is most probably the starter next season.
If that is all he does...put pressure on Dak...then it's a good thing.

Dak has been in a comfort zone for too long. It's one reason he has trouble with pressure. His own team won't nudge him, he's had no reason to practice it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lance will disappoint
Well...let's try to cheer him on as best as we can...shall we?

If he does well...it's a positive for....get this...The Dallas Cowboys!

Isn;t that what we all should hope and cheer for?

Oh wait....it's more cool and in the know to predict failure for your team, right?

leeblair

Reaction score
Depending on how Lance fares, I think Dak could be traded before the start of the season.
It's not likely, but if Dak sees the writing on the wall he might push for a trade rather than watch his value diminish from being benched.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Depending on how Lance fares, I think Dak could be traded before the start of the season.
It's not likely, but if Dak sees the writing on the wall he might push for a trade rather than watch his value diminish from being benched.
Zero chance Dak allows a trade.

He will be able to go into free agency and choose his team while they bid for him.

He will not allow the Cowboys to get anything for him in return because he is likely already very bitter and won't want to help the Cowboys in any way.

Chasing6

Reaction score

The Cowboys play their first preseason game today against the Rams. Trey Lance is expected to get the majority of the QB snaps. It’ll be the first time seeing him in a game since Dallas traded a fourth-round pick for him last August.

Lance: “I’m just looking forward to playing ball again. I’m going in this game the same as I’ve gone into every game my whole entire life, college, high school, whatever. I don’t put too much extra (pressure) into it. I’m going to play. It’s not like I’m going to play any harder than I have in the past or not as hard. It’s a big game for me, big game for us. I’m excited to go out and play well.”

Mike McCarthy: “I’m real excited to go compete with him. … Just like any young quarterback, particularly if you look at his flight here, as much drop-back passing opportunities that I can give him I think will be a benefit. … He doesn’t cut any corners. He has a great work ethic. Just like anything, you want to see one of your guys go have some success, because he’s definitely put the work in.”

4 years after being drafted and 6 years since has had any meaningful playing time his era begins???

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
If by era you mean the period that ends with him driving a UPS truck I agree with you.