The leaves have fallen, time to sign Prescott

Flamma

Reaction score
Let say Jerry extended him $60M .........what do you think fans/media reaction will be? Especially after his first bad game or every interception. I honestly think this is why Jerry and Dak have agreed to play it out. If Dak has a career season new deal and everyone is happy but average he could be on a new team 2025.
You're spot on here. This is why Jerry is making him play out his last season. Hell make a determination based on his play this year. If he folds up like a cheap paper back in the playoffs. Or the Cowboys don't make the playoffs at all, Dak will be playing for another dumb GM.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
You're spot on here. This is why Jerry is making him play out his last season. Hell make a determination based on his play this year. If he folds up like a cheap paper back in the playoffs. Or the Cowboys don't make the playoffs at all, Dak will be playing for another dumb GM.
Check this out from Sturm
This is why I'm bracing for $60-65M if he has a career year and Jerry might decide he has priced himself out the Cowboys range

Proof

Reaction score
Goff is a winner with not 1, but 2 teams. Trevor is young with potential, this had to happen. Dak is a regular season winner who is 31, he does not belong in the conversation with either of those 2 qb's
what's goff won? "made it" to the sb off one of the worst no calls in nfl history (and got destroyed) and then his team went right back and won by replacing him with one of the most notable "loser" qbs.

Proof

Reaction score
Outside the 17 & 18 season with the rams , Dak has played with much better talent and supporting cast. Goff was pretty much going to written off as just another average QB until rewriting his career.

Outside of fantasy football stats(Dak is my fantasy QB for a reason) Goffs post season playoff teams have been more successful.

Hundreds of things go into stats every particular year that determine the outcome. Talking stats at face value is dumb.

Dak has much greater regular season success. Goff has better post season success

If you want to talk stastics. Cousins is damn near identical to Dak statistically and no one thinks hes better the Dak.

Don't think either QB has what it takes to win a superbowl but "statically" speaking Goff posts better post season success.
I'm not sure I buy the much better talent argument. can do a deep diver later, but the rams always had talent and were always acquiring talent. and the lions are loaded.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Let say Jerry extended him $60M .........what do you think fans/media reaction will be? Especially after his first bad game or every interception. I honestly think this is why Jerry and Dak have agreed to play it out. If Dak has a career season new deal and everyone is happy but average he could be on a new team 2025.
I think this is what fans want.But I seriously doubt Jethro &Son want to get in a bidding war for Prescott in 2025.

If they don’t sign him before the season ,he’s likely gone regardless the results this season.

If he and the team has a big season then he’ll snub us in FA. That’s what we’d deserve. Lol

Hopefully our FO has seen enough in 8 years to know if he’s their guy. Usually in professional sports there is no need to prove themself. That’s only something fans battle with.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Most likely Prescott has nothing to prove to our ownership. That’s only something fans battle with.

I’d be more inclined to follow what our closet beat writers have reported in that if a deal isn’t done by the beginning of the season ,it’s over.

Prescott will assume they are ready to move on and he’ll look ahead to FA.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
what's goff won? "made it" to the sb off one of the worst no calls in nfl history (and got destroyed) and then his team went right back and won by replacing him with one of the most notable "loser" qbs.
Stafford was mostly considered a good QB on a bad team.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Most likely Prescott has nothing to prove to our ownership. That’s only something fans battle with.

I’d be more inclined to follow what our closet beat writers have reported in that if a deal isn’t done by the beginning of the season ,it’s over.

Prescott will assume they are ready to move on and he’ll look ahead to FA.
Are you saying execs are thrilled with his accomplishments?

Jerry didn't look so happy after the last game.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Check this out from Sturm
This is why I'm bracing for $60-65M if he has a career year and Jerry might decide he has priced himself out the Cowboys range

Clarence is a well respected local writer. This is why most closer to the situation believe if he isn’t signed before season it means the Cowboys aren’t willing to get in a bidding war regardless the results this season.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
If our FO needs the success of the team to extend Prescott then he’s gone. He’ll know they don’t believe in him.

shabazz

Reaction score
With Trevor Lawrence signing today ; 275 million for 5 years … the leaves have fallen.

Goff signed a few weeks ago. Don’t think we need to wait on Tua. Enough leaves have fallen.

The new Market has been set. 55 million. Dak cannot demand anymore. It’s time for Jethro & Son to get a deal done if that’s their intention.
Most of the leaves fall in November.....let's wait till then and see how he's playing.

AFC North is a comming.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Clarence is a well respected local writer. This is why most closer to the situation believe if he isn’t signed before season it means the Cowboys aren’t willing to get in a bidding war regardless the results this season.
So if I understand this Clarence is saying what Dak can possibly get on the open market and how far Jerry might be willing to go are two different things. In other words, if the value escalates to $60M, they may let him walk..........

stiletto

Reaction score
So if I understand this Clarence is saying what Dak can possibly get on the open market and how far Jerry might be willing to go are two different things. In other words, if the value escalates to $60M, they may let him walk..........
I don't think they want to even pay him even $50 million/yr past this season. Dak has had almost a decade to get over the "Deer in Headlights-itis" come bigger games. I'm pretty sure they don't want to pay top $ for that anymore.

Redline360

Reaction score
I'm not sure I buy the much better talent argument. can do a deep diver later, but the rams always had talent and were always acquiring talent. and the lions are loaded.
The lions had better talent then the cowboys for a couple years that's for sure however the two years after the superbowl they were bad. Key departures, retirements, tons of injuries(**** happens). They started 11 different lineman one year. Then they started rebuilding again.

Just because a team gets top picks for years doesn't make them loaded with talent. Bad drafts, poor player development, coaches, culture. Have seen this with numerous teams through the years. Did the lions have talent? Sure but was nothing ground breaking.

Then ownership changed or we'll moved to another family member if I recall correctly. Would have to verify. Then they picked up tons of talent st brown, Gibbs, Hutchinson, Williams, Sewell and etc. Culture changed with new ownership along with a coaching change. Granted I think Dan Campbell is more of a culture guy then X and Os

Bagman

Reaction score
Mannn....as someone just posted on X, $55 is now Dak's floor and that may be conservative.
I thought Dak said it wasn't ever about the money, that he doesn't play football for the money. I call B.S.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
With Trevor Lawrence signing today ; 275 million for 5 years … the leaves have fallen.

Goff signed a few weeks ago. Don’t think we need to wait on Tua. Enough leaves have fallen.

The new Market has been set. 55 million. Dak cannot demand anymore. It’s time for Jethro & Son to get a deal done if that’s their intention.
What do you mean by "the leaves have fallen"? We are within a week of the start of Summer. The leaves have not fallen.