The list of complaints against Dak is shrinking

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So why the past hate and over the top criticism of Dak then when we didn't have young, hungry defenders or a balanced offense? You can't have it both ways.

Derisively calling posters Dak lovers that support him is childish as well, isn't it? I have a theory, if we keep winning this forum will become less polarized and posters will communicate nicer with each other. But there are a handfull that will never admit that they were narrow minded or let alone wrong that this quarterback could never become great.

My issue has more to do with those that see Dak as a religion instead of the team as a whole.

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
One thing everyone should have learned about Dak at this point in his career is to never underestimate him. We have seen this man evolve into one of the best QBs in the league. If he plays at this level for another couple of years, yes, it's time to call him elite.

Props to Jerry and McCarthy for maintaining the dynamic bond between Dak and Moore. Those two are just getting started.

stiletto

Reaction score
Is it still OK to hate zeke?

I think Zeke the idiot will ride again...You know what they say, "You can't fix stupid..". I am personally glad he is having a good year but I still think he's a doofus...

nobody

Reaction score
"He doesn't have enough TDs.." .. He's 2nd or 3rd in the league right now..
"He struggles in the red zone.." .. Cowboys are 11 for their last 13 trips in the red zone.
"He can't beat winning teams.." Chargers and Panthers both have winning records..

I think we're going to have to resurrect the old "he doesn't pass for big yards...?"

The bold ones I'd place square on the shoulders of the OC. However, the second bold is because Dak (and his predecessor) usually had the defense roll over even if they scored well against winning teams.

Dak can and has produced. Usually problems lie with game plans.

But you're right, there are less people complaining about Dak. He also seems to be throwing behind receivers less, which is welcome.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
One thing everyone should have learned about Dak at this point in his career is to never underestimate him. We have seen this man evolve into one of the best QBs in the league. If he plays at this level for another couple of years, yes, it's time to call him elite.

Props to Jerry and McCarthy for maintaining the dynamic bond between Dak and Moore. Those two are just getting started.
That's it. If he can sustain his play over several years....and the team gets some playoff wins....it's elite.
The test of time.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The bold ones I'd place square on the shoulders of the OC. However, the second bold is because Dak (and his predecessor) usually had the defense roll over even if they scored well against winning teams.

Dak can and has produced. Usually problems lie with game plans.

But you're right, there are less people complaining about Dak. He also seems to be throwing behind receivers less, which is welcome.
His downfield passing has been a huge improvement....laser beams. I wonder if maybe some of the routes are better? He looks quicker to decide and very confident even in coverage.

stiletto

Reaction score
Yeah, that seems very unrealistic to judge a person from when they were an immature adolescent. So it's personal.

Adolescent? He's done dumb stuff since he was drafted....Who knows what stupid stuff he did as a teen but I am sure there is a list.. don't care.

I am only judging by the idiotic things he's done since becoming a Cowboy and it is already a pretty good list of "dunce" hat awards....and I expect more before it is over. Again, happy he is having a good season so far, finally....

BLEU3ASY

Reaction score
"He doesn't have enough TDs.." .. He's 2nd or 3rd in the league right now..
"He struggles in the red zone.." .. Cowboys are 11 for their last 13 trips in the red zone.
"He can't beat winning teams.." Chargers and Panthers both have winning records..

I think we're going to have to resurrect the old "he doesn't pass for big yards...?"
Be careful sir they will make something up.. lol.

Montanalo

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
I never really jumped on-board with the Dak Haters. Actually, I think he is a pretty darn good QB; certainly top 5-10.

That said, I wouldn't want to miss my opportunity to pile on. Without further ado, here's my list of complaints:

Never liked the way he wears a baseball cap. Front or back, he just doesn't pull it off well.

What's with the pre-game hip thrust warm-up? Looks like he is auditioning for a do-it-yourself Kama Sutra book.

He definitely smiles too much and he is just a mouthpiece for the organization when he does interviews.

Did I mention the hat?

Obviously, my comments are said in jest. There will always be those - true fan or not - who will diminish the team's achievements. At this point, though, I am simplying enjoying the ride.

bigdnlaca

Reaction score
My 2 issues with Dak before this season started in the 2019 season. One was he disappeared in big games and not taking care of the ball/hold on the ball too long when he scrambles.

The first issue seems to be solved with better coaching.

He did throw some untimely picks in the first 2 games and then fumbled in the third game, but did a great job taking care of the ball in the last game. Hopefully, he can continue with that thru the rest of the season.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I don't remember a touchdown being called back on a penalty for the boys? Penalty happen on every drive, but not every penalty is a touchdown taken away. Not all penalty are equal. Those touchdown penalty are brutal and kill momentum.
why do you hate the cowboys so much?