The list of complaints against Dak is shrinking

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I have a nephew with similar "problems" as you say and acts a lot like Zeke. He's 27 though and still lives at home with his father. Full blown Alchie. He visited me the other week and put vodka in his milk in the AM to hide it from me. Has a DUI and hasn't worked in 3-4 years. He has excuses out the wazoo. He's super smart but just lazy and a know-it-all/cut up. At least Zeke has a talent but I call it being an infantile idiot when you act a fool as a grown man.. Told my nephew that to his face. I don't like excuses. Zeke is NOT a kid but acts like it. Being an idiot vs a Bad Guy are two different things to me. I think you have an example of each in your photo. LOL!
Fine. Not sure you get over these kinds of issues just because you turned 21 or have money. But...well whatever, right?

phildadon86

Reaction score
Ah...you'd think there's been enough time to get over THAT...and that Dak is also playing just fine (at the very least!)
Dak is playing great. The whole team is playing great. People just cant give credit where its due. Ive never seen a fan of the Cowboys say "we won because of the refs" in a complaining way before lol

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I am not sure what you are talking about. I've never said anything like that. I don;t even care what those other guys do. They are not MY standard of excellence.

Go yell at the people who do that.

Me? I think previous to this year..Dak has been....good. Plenty good enough for us to win if we had other pieces going. So far this year? Excellent. I want to see him do it against very good teams...I think he can and will cheer him on...but it hasn't happened YET. That's how I roll.

I don;t give a rats axe what the other QBs do.

What you said in the last sentence exactly what I'm talking about. We're responsible for the only losses on the ledgers of two first place teams so far.. Dak has one turnover, 4 TDs and has completed over 70% of his passes in those two games. So we're winning.. he's not turning it over and he's completing a high percentage of his passes at about 9 yards per attempt.. But he apparently hasn't played well against good teams YET? Of course that 3 TD and 400 yard strafing he put on the Super Bowl champs doesn't count either.. cause clearly they're not a good team either. You guys are amazing.. downplaying Dak comes so easily to yall you don't think anything of it. It's always "What are you talking about? I never said anything like that!!!" While simultaneously saying something EXACTLY like that.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What you said in the last sentence exactly what I'm talking about. We're responsible for the only losses on the ledgers of two first place teams so far.. Dak has one turnover, 4 TDs and has completed over 70% of his passes in those two games. So we're winning.. he's not turning it over and he's completing a high percentage of his passes at about 9 yards per attempt.. But he apparently hasn't played well against good teams YET? Of course that 3 TD and 400 yard strafing he put on the Super Bowl champs doesn't count either.. cause clearly they're not a good team either. You guys are amazing.. downplaying Dak comes so easily to yall you don't think anything of it. It's always "What are you talking about? I never said anything like that!!!" While simultaneously saying something EXACTLY like that.
Not sure what is so difficult....or why you think I am so u reasonable. I have said many times dak is playing excellent. You are very much mistaken lumping in with haters.

It seems we...dak and the team....are on a roll. But....if we don't sustain it...of what use is the Tampa game?

If we don't sustain it...how can we be considered elite?

This has nothing to do with hate. So just cut that crap.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Dak is playing great. The whole team is playing great. People just cant give credit where its due. Ive never seen a fan of the Cowboys say "we won because of the refs" in a complaining way before lol
Yep....yes he is. Amazing!

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
"He doesn't have enough TDs.." .. He's 2nd or 3rd in the league right now..
"He struggles in the red zone.." .. Cowboys are 11 for their last 13 trips in the red zone.
"He can't beat winning teams.." Chargers and Panthers both have winning records..

I think we're going to have to resurrect the old "he doesn't pass for big yards...?"
dak-prescott-footballer.gif

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Not sure what is so difficult....or why you think I am so u reasonable. I have said many times dak is playing excellent. You are very much mistaken lumping in with haters.

It seems we...dak and the team....are on a roll. But....if we don't sustain it...of what use is the Tampa game?

If we don't sustain it...how can we be considered elite?

This has nothing to do with hate. So just cut that crap.

Methinks thou dost protest too much.. I have not called you unreasonable nor have I said anything about you "hating." I rail against the constant goalpost moving which many engage in here.. and frankly that's exactly what you've done here. We're 3-1 with a last second loss to the defending champs in their house.. But you appear to be still sitting over in a corner waiting for "Dak to play well against good teams." As if these teams suddenly stop being good teams the minute he beats them.. Yes they are on a roll.. And unless they completely collapse they are heading to a playoff berth. So that Tampa game will always be relevant as it showed us and more importantly the team that they were as good as anybody.. I think that confidence gained from that night has helped this team believe in itself and it's showing up every week.,

stiletto

Reaction score
Fine. Not sure you get over these kinds of issues just because you turned 21 or have money. But...well whatever, right?

I think you get what I'm sayin'.. .no big deal. I don't hate Zeke. Maybe he has grown up after last season's disaster. We all can only hope.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I'm still here @RonnieT24 but don't call me a hater, 'cuz I don't hate anyone. I just believe the team could have found a better QB for the long haul and used the $ for some D-Line help. As for your OP, I still think he missed some passes in the win. The 2 pt conversion was on him, the TD to Jarwin was behind him (again), he almost tossed a couple straight to the Panthers (but we won't talk about those will we). As for the fact that both the Chargers and the Panthers were undefeated coming to the Cowboys, well, the Chargers in my eye beat the Cowboys, on the field, the refs helped the 'Boys, the Panthers have beaten the Jets, the Saints and the Texans three teams that I don't believe are going to make the playoffs.
Red Zone issues? Zeke takes care of that now.

Anyway, I'm still here, not going anywhere. Still a fan of the Cowboys, happy they won, gonna be sad when they lose and angry at the Owner, Pres, GM, HC for not getting a real QB when that happens. Oh and by the way, if it turns out that I am wrong and #4 shines and makes great passes in the clutch and brings a Lombardi to Dallas I will post a message to you on here and say I apologize. You to @Rockport.
You’ve already been proven wrong just don’t have the gonads to admit it.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Methinks thou dost protest too much.. I have not called you unreasonable nor have I said anything about you "hating." I rail against the constant goalpost moving which many engage in here.. and frankly that's exactly what you've done here. We're 3-1 with a last second loss to the defending champs in their house.. But you appear to be still sitting over in a corner waiting for "Dak to play well against good teams." As if these teams suddenly stop being good teams the minute he beats them.. Yes they are on a roll.. And unless they completely collapse they are heading to a playoff berth. So that Tampa game will always be relevant as it showed us and more importantly the team that they were as good as anybody.. I think that confidence gained from that night has helped this team believe in itself and it's showing up every week.,
You said things like "you people".....clearly lumping me in.

I'll be cheering on dak and all.my cowboys. End of story.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I have been a member for a while but I don't post a lot. That's because most threads are pissing contest to see who can one up another. It's stupidity. Very few threads are about the team.

I don't root for players because if I live long enough the entire team right now will be gone. The entire coaching staff. The front office. The owner. But the team will still be there.

That's why you root for the team.
I agree with you... but I take issue with people who oppose others who may support a player, being told and people assuming they take the player over the team.
YOU CAN DO BOTH.

and like I said, there are actually those who wish for the team to fail, hope the team fails so they can root against a player.

MaineBoy

Reaction score
"He doesn't have enough TDs.." .. He's 2nd or 3rd in the league right now..
"He struggles in the red zone.." .. Cowboys are 11 for their last 13 trips in the red zone.
"He can't beat winning teams.." Chargers and Panthers both have winning records..

I think we're going to have to resurrect the old "he doesn't pass for big yards...?"

I usually like your posts RonnieT but this one was beneath you to start the “Dak Worshippers or Dak Haters” fire anew. Especially with all the good news we have to celebrate and enjoy. And your timing ? Even the man himself - Dak - says he has never played this well. So for you to try to take a victory lap like Dak has always played like this at this level call out other fans ? C’mon, Man....lol. I have been among the numerous fans who who have been Dak Doubters based on some of his previous play over the years. But you know what, I’m celebrating our winning and Dak’s performances. His throw for the TD to Coop, and that throw across his body on the run to Wilson streaking down the sideline were awesome- and elite. Please elevate to how you typically post instead of acting like a Ronport.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
The only legit criticism of Dak is he lacks arm talent. But it’s not like a player has never overcome arm limitations. Brees and Montana did. Then you have guys like Jeff George and Ryan Leaf, who had precision cannons, and did very little.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
How many were against the Eagles, WFT, and Giants? You know the weakest division in football for the last few years. Its so bad that you can win 7 games and still make the playoff.

3 and 2 of his lowest QB ratings in that period came against the NFC East...so obvious those stats are not a result of having to play the lowly NFC Least.

If you extrapolate to his last 16 games (complete season) his stats and rankings against 2020 QBs are as follows:

Cmp 419 (1st)
Att. 593 (5th)
Cmp% 71 (1st)
Y/att 8.5 (2nd)
Yds. 5,045 (1st)
TDs. 32 (10th)
INTs. 13 (27th) note: 40% came in 2 gms
QBR. 104.7 (9th) had it not been for his only 2 multi int games (5 ints) his Qb rating would have been tied for 3rd with Mahomes.

So as you can see, overall, Dak has bee playing at a very high level (top 10 or better in 7 of 8 categories over his full season equivalent (incl 5 NFC East games in that time frame - 1 less than a regular season).

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I usually like your posts RonnieT but this one was beneath you to start the “Dak Worshippers or Dak Haters” fire anew. Especially with all the good news we have to celebrate and enjoy. And your timing ? Even the man himself - Dak - says he has never played this well. So for you to try to take a victory lap like Dak has always played like this at this level call out other fans ? C’mon, Man....lol. I have been among the numerous fans who who have been Dak Doubters based on some of his previous play over the years. But you know what, I’m celebrating our winning and Dak’s performances. His throw for the TD to Coop, and that throw across his body on the run to Wilson streaking down the sideline were awesome- and elite. Please elevate to how you typically post instead of acting like a Ronport.
I was bit taken aback with him as well. Wasn't aware he (ronnie) was this .....abrasive? Stooping to Ronport level for sure. Doesn't seem like him.

DallasInDC

Reaction score
The only legit criticism of Dak is he lacks arm talent. But it’s not like a player has never overcome arm limitations. Brees and Montana did. Then you have guys like Jeff George and Ryan Leaf, who had precision cannons, and did very little.

I don't even think that is a legit criticism...just looked the Cooper TD Sunday. 46 yds in the air on a dime. And that's just one of many examples. Take that into consideration that a QB probably throws less than 18 of those 40+ in the air passes a season.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
You said things like "you people".....clearly lumping me in.

I'll be cheering on dak and all.my cowboys. End of story.

Fair enough.. then I shall take it in the spirit in which it was intended. Acknowledgement that Dak is str8 ballin along with acknowledgement that he, like the rest of the team CAN get better and needs to keep it up.