The list of complaints against Dak is shrinking

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I usually like your posts RonnieT but this one was beneath you to start the “Dak Worshippers or Dak Haters” fire anew. Especially with all the good news we have to celebrate and enjoy. And your timing ? Even the man himself - Dak - says he has never played this well. So for you to try to take a victory lap like Dak has always played like this at this level call out other fans ? C’mon, Man....lol. I have been among the numerous fans who who have been Dak Doubters based on some of his previous play over the years. But you know what, I’m celebrating our winning and Dak’s performances. His throw for the TD to Coop, and that throw across his body on the run to Wilson streaking down the sideline were awesome- and elite. Please elevate to how you typically post instead of acting like a Ronport.

lol...yup, Rockport 2.0

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I usually like your posts RonnieT but this one was beneath you to start the “Dak Worshippers or Dak Haters” fire anew. Especially with all the good news we have to celebrate and enjoy. And your timing ? Even the man himself - Dak - says he has never played this well. So for you to try to take a victory lap like Dak has always played like this at this level call out other fans ? C’mon, Man....lol. I have been among the numerous fans who who have been Dak Doubters based on some of his previous play over the years. But you know what, I’m celebrating our winning and Dak’s performances. His throw for the TD to Coop, and that throw across his body on the run to Wilson streaking down the sideline were awesome- and elite. Please elevate to how you typically post instead of acting like a Ronport.

I have not called out any fans.. My post attacked several flawed takes and then provided evidence that proved they were wrong. I always make an effort to discuss the opinion not the poster. Not saying I always succeed, but I do try. I believe it is 100% fair to continue to call attention to the various detractions we have seen here repeatedly and just how wrong they are. Those who have not espoused those horribly flawed opinions are not "the hit dawg" as we say down south and as such have no reason to holla.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Fair enough.. then I shall take it in the spirit in which it was intended. Acknowledgement that Dak is str8 ballin along with acknowledgement that he, like the rest of the team CAN get better and needs to keep it up.
That's it...straight up.

It's scary that we'll get better as well as get some folks back. Let's roll.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't even think that is a legit criticism...just looked the Cooper TD Sunday. 46 yds in the air on a dime. And that's just one of many examples. Take that into consideration that a QB probably throws less than 18 of those 40+ in the air passes a season.
It's my opinion he improved his dimes and air Mail this year. Just a opinion not fact.
I'm betting he spent a ton of time in film this year.....worked on it....now he's blasting 'em.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
It's my opinion he improved his dimes and air Mail this year. Just a opinion not fact.
I'm betting he spent a ton of time in film this year.....worked on it....now he's blasting 'em.

I always go back to the footage from Hard Knocks when Dak was stepping over the dummies and hitting those three targets from 15-20 yards away. When I saw him hitting those throws so flawlessly I came into the season believing we were going to see him dishin it this year. The accuracy he displayed in those drills was astounding. The kid has basically taken the amazing start he got off to last year and taken it to still another level. Like I said before, the key for him was always going to be to blend the air it out Dak that we saw for a lot of 2019 and 2020 with the low turnover Dak that we saw in 2016-2018. Once he found that balance I had no doubt he was going to rise to this level. The question was always whether he could find it. I think it's safe to say he has. He knows when to be aggressive and make the aggressive throw and he also knows when to make the safe throw.. or just throw it away. He has several deep throws this year that may as well have been 35-40 yard handoffs. You really just can't do it any better..

DallasInDC

Reaction score

Fair enough. Personally, I think it has been improving incrementally over theast several years.

aikemirv

Reaction score
I don't even think that is a legit criticism...just looked the Cooper TD Sunday. 46 yds in the air on a dime. And that's just one of many examples. Take that into consideration that a QB probably throws less than 18 of those 40+ in the air passes a season.
I am not sure he has natural arm talent but he definitely has worked his but off on his accuracy. That said, all I heard pregame was how Herbert had such great arm talent and his accuracy was because of his fingertip release of the ball - he then proceeded to overthrow a few deep throws that would have been TD's. Kind of funny actually.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Fair enough. Personally, I think it has been improving incrementally over theast several years.

Yeah Dak absolutely has improved in a lot of areas pretty much every year. Those who just look at stats will swear he hasn't been any good since that great rookie season of his. But if you watch the games you can clearly see a guy growing by leaps and bounds since then. But yes, it has been incremental.. But he's taken another leap this year. As good as the numbers are, they don't come close to telling the whole story about how well he's playing. He has arrived at that rarified space where he can control the game without throwing a single TD pass. Just by audibling to the right RUNNING play he is orchestrating the game.. And I love it..

MaineBoy

Reaction score
I have not called out any fans.. My post attacked several flawed takes and then provided evidence that proved they were wrong. I always make an effort to discuss the opinion not the poster. Not saying I always succeed, but I do try. I believe it is 100% fair to continue to call attention to the various detractions we have seen here repeatedly and just how wrong they are. Those who have not espoused those horribly flawed opinions are not "the hit dawg" as we say down south and as such have no reason to holla.

Did Rockport hack your account ? Wow. You hide behind the technicality that you didn’t name names but you were calling out all those who criticized Dak in the past. Horribly flawed opinions? So you’re the judge and jury too, huh. When Dak has a bad game or has some interceptions, or plays less than perfect (cause he is human), you will be fine with folks coming on here and trashing him and taking a cheap victory lap like you did ? Irony is, I suspect you would not be fine. Your post was petty and you fed the divisive fire we have to read on here all to often. And you did this when we are all winning? The only thing you left out of your post was the word “haters…lol. Come on, Dawg. Stop trying to spin what you did, just give us the football analysis you used to.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I am not sure he has natural arm talent but he definitely has worked his but off on his accuracy. That said, all I heard pregame was how Herbert had such great arm talent and his accuracy was because of his fingertip release of the ball - he then proceeded to overthrow a few deep throws that would have been TD's. Kind of funny actually.

Too many "experts" conflate arm strength with arm talent. If the ability to flick the ball 50 yards was all it took to be a great QB then Jeff George and Jamarcus Russell would be in the hall of fame. There is more to playing QB than throwing a pretty spiral. You would think people would have learned that by now.

Aulac

Reaction score
Dak is throwing to guys named Jarwin, Schultz, Wilson……and he’s the one being taken for a ride lol….y’all are something else lol.

Guess Cooper and Lamb and soon to be Gallup doesn't exist right? Talk about disingenious.

Aulac

Reaction score
Well you're certainly entitled to your opinion, but every expert on the planet understands the significance of Prescott and his improved play. Suggesting throwing for 4 TDs so efficiently is "along for the ride" is about the most ridiculous thing I've heard.

4 touchdowns but only 188 yards. That is game managing stats. I watched the highlight since I had work and it mostly Zeke and Pollard that did mot of the work. Our run game is even better than 2016.

Aulac

Reaction score
when we committ penalties, miss field goals and lose games...its Dak
when Dak beats another team, its them beating themselves

:thumbup:

Two field goals does not equal to 1 touchdown. Missing 6 points is not the same as missing 14 points.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
4 touchdowns but only 188 yards. That is game managing stats. I watched the highlight since I had work and it mostly Zeke and Pollard that did mot of the work. Our run game is even better than 2016.
:lmao:I knew some yahoo was going to come out with this whine. :lmao2:

dckid

Reaction score
"He doesn't have enough TDs.." .. He's 2nd or 3rd in the league right now..
"He struggles in the red zone.." .. Cowboys are 11 for their last 13 trips in the red zone.
"He can't beat winning teams.." Chargers and Panthers both have winning records..

I think we're going to have to resurrect the old "he doesn't pass for big yards...?"
@RonnieT24 , like I said this offseason I would come back and admit whether I was wrong or right on Dak. I was beating the drum saying the Cowboys overpaid and should not have paid Dak 40 million a year.. I admit so far I am wrong. He is playing as well as you can expect, the decision making, the accuracy have been phenomenal. What more can I say? I think Dak has been elite!!! I really didnt expect to say that.. I hope I didnt jinx anything.. :)

Aulac

Reaction score
LMAO!!! Cute..

Dude do some research before you post anything this stupid..

C.J. Henderson
Christopher Henderson Jr.
Position
: CB
6-1, 204lb (185cm, 92kg)
Team: Carolina Panthers
Born: September 30, 1998 (Age: 23-005d) in Miami, FL
College: Florida (College Stats)

Amari Cooper
Amari Cooper
Position
: WR
6-1, 210lb (185cm, 95kg)
Team: Dallas Cowboys
Born: June 17, 1994 (Age: 27-110d) in Miami, FL
College: Alabama (College Stats)

Anything jump out at you about this?

I feel bad even toying with you here as you are clearly unequipped to participate in a battle of wits. I apologize.

Oh Ronnie! I'm not sure if it was CJ Anderson that covered Cooper on that play though, that defender look shorter than Cooper. Even though Henderson cover Cooper, he not on Cooper every play. Oh thinking outside of the box isn't your strong suit it seem.:muttley:

Aulac

Reaction score
3 and 2 of his lowest QB ratings in that period came against the NFC East...so obvious those stats are not a result of having to play the lowly NFC Least.

If you extrapolate to his last 16 games (complete season) his stats and rankings against 2020 QBs are as follows:

Cmp 419 (1st)
Att. 593 (5th)
Cmp% 71 (1st)
Y/att 8.5 (2nd)
Yds. 5,045 (1st)
TDs. 32 (10th)
INTs. 13 (27th) note: 40% came in 2 gms
QBR. 104.7 (9th) had it not been for his only 2 multi int games (5 ints) his Qb rating would have been tied for 3rd with Mahomes.

So as you can see, overall, Dak has bee playing at a very high level (top 10 or better in 7 of 8 categories over his full season equivalent (incl 5 NFC East games in that time frame - 1 less than a regular season).

What was his yards per completion though?

Blake

Reaction score

Dak has 8 games passing 400+ yards.

He has 16 games passing 300+ yards.

He has over 50 games passing over 200+ yards.

But one game throwing 4 touchdowns for 188 yards is game manager stats... mmmK. Stick to your highlights and keep exposing your ignorance.

starfan1

Reaction score
His downfield passing has been a huge improvement....laser beams. I wonder if maybe some of the routes are better? He looks quicker to decide and very confident even in coverage.
if you look at numbers dak has been one of the best downfield passers now forawhile.Like 2 to 3 years. What dak has to work on is the crossing routes and pocket awareness otherwise hes pretty much on point