The many Romo offers have started coming in ****MERGED ***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Tony Romo to the Texans? There’s growing sentiment within the NFL it could happen.

By Mark Maske March 3 at 1:52 PM
Texans, Broncos are the only teams that add up as Tony Romo contenders]

The Texans signed quarterback Brock Osweiler to an $18 million-per-season deal in free agency last offseason. Osweiler struggled and was benched in favor of Tom Savage late in the season but regained the starting job when Savage suffered a concussion. The Texans beat the Oakland Raiders in a first-round playoff game but lost at New England in an AFC semifinal.

Houston has a powerful defense that will again have J.J. Watt after he was injured and missed much of this past season. The Texans also have a proficient offensive line and running game and might regard themselves as a viable Super Bowl contender if they can add Romo and he can stay healthy and in the lineup.

No, we will have J.J. Watt.

ksadler1

Reaction score
I'd be very surprised to see Romo in a Skin's uniform. I don't see it happening, but then again, I never thought I'd see Favre in a Vikings uniform either.....

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
Apparently cousin's and the skins are at loggerheads over him not signing on to the long term contract their F.O. has on the table and he could be forcing his trade.
Romo won't play for the skins no way/no how,,,, but it would be some of the funniest s**t I would've seen in awhile if he did.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
I don't know about you, but I think I could get over Romo being in the division for the next 1-3 years giving us fits as long as Myles Garret is giving Trent Williams and his eventual replacement fits for the next 10-12.

Pretty much my thoughts. Pretty big risk IMO. One they would be hesitant to take.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Pretty much my thoughts. Pretty big risk IMO. One they would be hesitant to take.
That risk is the only way it nets them the 2nd pick though. If they were out of conference or even out of the division, there's no way that pick would ever get to the Cowboys. They would have to pay the premium price to get him in the division.

ghst187

Reaction score
Never want to see Romo in Wash ever for anything.
But if there is something to it we get San Fran's 1st pick we get Garrett as Cleve takes a QB...and our 28 pick nets Ross or Davis...or a top CB like jones..scary good stuff

rambo2

Reaction score
Apparently cousin's and the skins are at loggerheads over him not signing on to the long term contract their F.O. has on the table and he could be forcing his trade.
Romo won't play for the skins no way/no how,,,, but it would be some of the funniest s**t I would've seen in awhile if he did.
Why wouldn't he play for them?

rambo2

Reaction score
What? The consensus #1 pick is Garrett... Cleveland isn't giving up the next coming of Julius Peppers when they have #13 as well. Even so, many people underestimate how good a healthy Romo is. I'm not one of the "bench Dak" loons but I do think Romo can compete at a very high level given the right circumstances (solid OLine, decent WR's, and a competent defense).
Cleveland could take a qb with the 1st pick.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
So what do we know so far?

- The 49ers, Browns, Bears, Jets, Texans, Broncos are all desperate for a QB and love Romo. The Bills and Commanders could also be in play.

- Romo announces he feels better than he has in years and wants to play for at least 3 more years.

- John Elway tracked down Jason Garrett as soon as he arrived at the Combine to see what he'll need to give up for Romo. It was a one sided conversation. Garrett talked, Elway nodded.

- The 49ers and Commanders, now apparently fully in play, realize with all this interest around the league neither team has enough draft picks to make this deal so they have combined their picks in a desperate three way trade package.

We still got a week to go until the new league year.

We're on the clock in the NFL Draft right now and you guys don't even know it yet.
Hmm Mitch Trubisky come on down

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
I don't know why people take this so seriously.

Who exactly is a "reputable source"?

If you have half a brain, you look at the report, examine the rest of the evidence and then arrive to an educated decision to believe it or not.

Do we really and honestly think that anyone has the real "scoop"?

Some are better than others, but when the competition for clicks and traffic is what it is right now, you have to understand the landscape.

There are but a few that I explicitly trust.

If Jay Glazer says it, that is a truth.

The rest you have to filter. Some more than others.

Rapoport, requires more filter. Schefter used to be more reliable but even he is feeling the pressure to be more relevant than anyone else.

But I guess that extra effort is too hard. If we had to wait for facts, there would be no speculation and things would be pretty boring.

It is not that serious. It is just fodder for discussion.

You tell him that he is too serious and then you go on to lecture him on the proper method for a few hundred words. Vitamin I, thy name is Alex.

All he said is that Rappoport is not a reliable source. He's not.

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
That risk is the only way it nets them the 2nd pick though. If they were out of conference or even out of the division, there's no way that pick would ever get to the Cowboys. They would have to pay the premium price to get him in the division.

I fail to see how Romo is not worth at least a first although it might be a 2018 first. I'd hang onto the guy until someone gets desperate enough to pony up a good pick preferably a pick plus. Who knows though.

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I will carry Romo to DC for the 2nd overall pick........could easily be Myles Garrett

You guys need to seriously get a grip, aint no way in hell we are going to get the 2nd overall pick for Romo.

This is just ridiculous to even discuss, pure fantasy.............whats next, we trade Alfred Morris for a top 10 pick?

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
You guys need to seriously get a grip, aint no way in hell we are going to get the 2nd overall pick for Romo.

This is just ridiculous to even discuss, pure fantasy.............whats next, we trade Alfred Morris for a top 10 pick?

True.....but the Bradford trade by the Vikes pretty much trumps that assessment

Desperate & Dumb makes it all possible even if not reality

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
So went from releasing Romo, to getting a 5th for him, to getting a 3rd for him, and now we are getting the 2nd overall pick for him?

BAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA.......................sure guys, whatever

CowboyChris

Reaction score
I'm gonna stick with my original prediction...Romo will be a Buffalo Bill...maybe a Bear.

ghst187

Reaction score
so basically what happens is we end up with San Fran's #2 pick which we use on DE Garrett after Cleve takes a QB, then in our first game against Wash, Garrett sacks Romo and injures him, out for the rest of the season and Wash tanks for the season.