The many Romo offers have started coming in ****MERGED ***

Cowboysfan917

Reaction score
They called this story out as being basically made up...but I do think the interest is there more so than a lot of us believed it would be.

His contract would be very hard to trade to a team like Denver or Houston though. I don't know how much it can be reworked in reality.

LittleD

Reaction score
It's all called "Fake News" err "Fake Sports News" generated to deliver lots of clueless clicks. There are loads of "Catfish" swimming around this board.
Yep... Lots of Suckers. P.T. Barnham said "one born every minute" and they all get there pablum right here...

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If any team give us anything above a 5th for Tony without conditions, I'll laugh all the way to the draft.

LittleD

Reaction score
Hey, remember when people said no one would have any interest in an old, broken down QB?

Pepperidge Farm remembers.

Who says anyone or any team is? Tony has two active agents pushing theories into the Press and Jerry hasn't said anything about a meeting with Tony.
Likely all this buzz is just noise "catfishing" all the gullible posters on this board.

CWR

Reaction score
Who says anyone or any team is? Tony has two active agents pushing theories into the Press and Jerry hasn't said anything about a meeting with Tony.
Likely all this buzz is just noise "catfishing" all the gullible posters on this board.

Thank goodness we have such an all knowing poster as yourself to keep the ignorant masses from believing any of these silly trade theories.

visionary

Reaction score

You keep clinging to that fantasy .....

DFWJC

Reaction score
No for sure Romo offers yet.
None

All rumors and speculation

Carson

Reaction score
So Washington ends up with a 36 year-old QB instead of Cousins? Why would they do that?

They would get the 2nd overall pick and a stockpile of other draft picks.

We are the ones who get the least out of it.

Niners get their franchise QB reunited with his coach to start their rebuild. They also have ten picks to start the draft and tons of cap space.

Skins get a bunch of picks that would give them two first rounders and likely 2-3 more pick. They get a proven top 10 QB when healthy and can draft their replacement qb. They now pick 2 and 17. They draft their franchise QB there and groom him.

Cowboys get cap relief, some late round picks and send Thor QB to a rival who can now beat us twice a year.

Titleist

Reaction score
So went from releasing Romo, to getting a 5th for him, to getting a 3rd for him, and now we are getting the 2nd overall pick for him?

BAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAA.......................sure guys, whatever
Seriously, why is everyone always so reactionary on CZone? One week it's "we're lucky to get 6th for Romo" to "yeah we're getting a boatload of high picks, deal with it." :rolleyes:

38 Special

Reaction score

This makes no sense. It's in Romo's best interest to be released so that he can pick his perfect landing spot and the destination team doesn't use valued draft picks to acquire him.

There is no reason for him to try to start an imaginary bidding war here. NFL GM's have already made up their minds about what Romo's value is. We will soon see what he is worth.

Tristan

Reaction score
If you look closely seems obvious hes going to Denver. I always felt Leary would probably go where Romo goes.
Romo and Elway already talked and now Learys talking to Denver
Il b shocked if he isnt a Bronco, he wants to pull a Elway

LittleD

Reaction score
Thank goodness we have such an all knowing poster as yourself to keep the ignorant masses from believing any of these silly trade theories.

Jerry said to not believe anything in the press about Tony Romo until he himself said it. He said that he and only he will determine the fate of Tony. Stephen said just a couple of
days ago that Jerry will make any final decision with Tony on his future. I choose to stand on that information and not some obscure website. Now if you want to bite like the
rest of the catfish here be my guest.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Ideally (and maybe fantasyland) we get an offer of a decnt draft pick (3rd or higher) from a desirbale teaM that Romo would pkay for vs retire.

My guess is the tough choices for Jerry would come if we get anything higher than a 4th round offer, or especially if its higher than a 3rd...and its from an "undisrable" team. Theyd have to really huddle up over rhat.

Anything lower and its Tony's call on whether we release him or trade him. All my guess, btw.

In other words, all teams offering a 4th or lower do not matter unless they are teams where he actually wants to play.

So if we release him, it won't mean there werent offers of any kind.

zekecowboy

Reaction score
I do not see the multiple picks happening. I think Denver and Houston will wait and see if Jerry releases Tony. I hope I am wrong. I also hope that Jerry does nothing until a team gives him adequate compensation for Tony. Dallas still pays for the dead money anytime a trade or release during the rest of the year.