The media criticism the last 72 hours has been vicious

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Winning cures a lot of woes.
Losing causes a lot of woes.

Sure we have had some injuries on Defense. However this defense was never this bad even when we had much lesser talent over all on D.
Remember the three gloves/amigos draft where we drafted 3 DBs way above their draft slot and I don't think any off them really panned out.
Remember when we had the Special Teams draft?
Even with those players I don't recall the defense being this bad and that was with lesser players talentwise.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Winning cures a lot of woes.
Losing causes a lot of woes.

Sure we have had some injuries on Defense. However this defense was never this bad even when we had much lesser talent over all on D.
Remember the three gloves/amigos draft where we drafted 3 DBs way above their draft slot and I don't think any off them really panned out.
Remember when we had the Special Teams draft?
Even with those players I don't recall the defense being this bad and that was with lesser players talentwise.

Lol yeah. The “special teams“ draft.

Jesus Jerry...

Diehardblues

Reaction score
I can't recall the last time this franchise was criticized to this extent. It's not just the media, the fans are eviscerating these players. Search Jaylon and D-Law's twitter mentions, it's ugly. Doesn't this feel different?
Not really. We’ve been highly touted before and the bottom falls out.

Even last year while not a total collapse was a very toxic atmosphere by November.

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
2010 was pretty bad. 13-3, 9-7, 11-5, the starting 1-7. People were freaking out and wanted to trade everyone

Diehardblues

Reaction score
This franchise is about everything EXCEPT football.

Such an embarrassment to the once great legacy.

Jerry knows it now. You can see the defeat in his face and hear it in his voice, and he you could hear his disgust yesterday when he virtually dismissed all of Dak's meaningless stats publicly.

He knows he's got a dysfunctional mess on his hands.
And he let go of the one coach who was able to steer thru these dysfunctional messes his poor decisions delivered. Not a great coach but great at preventing total collapses holding the ship together wading thru our ownerships missteps.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
This franchise is about everything EXCEPT football.

Such an embarrassment to the once great legacy.

Jerry knows it now. You can see the defeat in his face and hear it in his voice, and he you could hear his disgust yesterday when he virtually dismissed all of Dak's meaningless stats publicly.

He knows he's got a dysfunctional mess on his hands.

Dak's stats weren't "meaningless" when the Cowboys closed to within 41-38 with over 3 minutes to play. They became meaningless 2 plays later when the defense crapped the bed again for another long TD.

Dysfunctional is putting it mildly. Worst still, the men who presided over it becoming this way believe they are the ones to fix it. :facepalm:

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
this core group has been a bunchof under achievers most of the time they have been here for the talent they have on this team there is not a lot of excuses for turnovers that cause u to lose at least two games and to watch last games preformance of the defense makes u sick

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
People bemoan the injuries and lack of talent on defense. To them, I ask, “how do you know the defense lacks talent? There’s no effort.”

I’ve seen teams give up on coaches. It generally happens after multiple seasons with little success. I’ve never seen it happen less than a month into a new coaching regime.

This is peak dysfunction.

Zordon

Reaction score
I’ve never, as a fan, sat down and ironed out the nuances and specifics of cap math. It’s just not an interest for me so I rely on other more knowledgeable board members for this. What does this storm entail exactly? You mean we might not be able to resign Dak?
It's going to hinder their flexibility tremendously. They will most likely pay Dak his 40M AAV, at the same time they have to address the numerous holes on the defense and offensive line. Guys like LVE and Jaylon have proven to be unreliable. DLaw, Zeke, and Amari's contracts are untradeable. The tackle positions are in flux with Tyrone's persistent neck issues and Collins now having to recover from hip surgery. On top of this, it's evident Jerry will need to cough up some money for another DC once this season ends and if he wants to keep his best player on defense (Aldon Smith). The light is fading fast for this franchise, the window is closing on this group of players and a rebuild is in order. Jerry knows this and is probably depressed about it.

Last edited:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't recall the last time this franchise was criticized to this extent. It's not just the media, the fans are eviscerating these players. Search Jaylon and D-Law's twitter mentions, it's ugly. Doesn't this feel different?

I hope it registers.

It's well deserved.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Jethro obviously is reading the criticism. That’s where he is using the dysfunctional. He’s attempting to deflect it cause it’s directed at him.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It's going to hinder their flexibility tremendously. They will most likely pay Dak his 40M AAV, at the same time they have to address the numerous holes on the defense and offensive line. Guys like LVE and Jaylon have proven to be unreliable. DLaw, Zeke, and Amari's contracts are untradeable. The tackle positions are in flux with Tyrone's persistent neck issues and Collins now having to recover from hip surgery. On top of this, it's evident Jerry will need to cough up some money for another DC once this season ends. The light is fading fast for this franchise, the window is closing on this group of players and rebuild is in order. Jerry knows this and is probably depressed about it.

I think it comes down to hitting on the draft. Defense, defense, and more defense there. And other than Dak's huge deal, the team can spend nothing in free agency for the foreseeable future. And they also have to start looking at potential out's for the bad deals they've gotten themselves into - specifically Lawrence's. But they reworked that just a few weeks ago so they're likely stuck in it for even longer. Zeke's is no picnic either, but at least he's coming closer to earning it. And I don't think they reworked that one, so getting out should be easier and sooner if they needed to.

khiladi

Reaction score
A lot of then seen to be doing it to mask that Dak’s stats are garbage time stats... I mean what’s going to happen to the players financially, over the long run, when Jerry has proved that paying average players 40 million dollars plus isn’t going to happen anymore, despite the increasing revenue of the league.

You paid DLaw, when you didn’t pay Dak!?!? So your saying Jerry shouldn’t have paid DLaw, but paid Dak, or shouldn’t have paid either? Just because Smith turned out to suck incredibly bad, we should sign bums like Dak to 40 million plus?

If the Rams overpaid for Goff, does that mean the Cowboys should overpay for Dak?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Good thing is, that's when these overhyped "stars" usually respond and play harder. It's been that way for years.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
musician-violinist-man-playing-violin-orchestra-performance-soloist-player-sing_bt3u00q4l_thumbnail-full01.png.cf.png