The media criticism the last 72 hours has been vicious

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
The closest we ever got to not being the Dallas Cowboys was the Parcells era. That entire time felt different. We had no talent yet we were winning games. The players were disciplined and didn't get treated like they were the greatest. Every single football player on those teams was an equal to there peers. If you didn't do your job, you weren't playing. It was majestic. If Parcells was watching the film of Jaylon Smith in the film room with him from Sunday...wooof.

Nah, when Dave Campo coached.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I can't recall the last time this franchise was criticized to this extent. It's not just the media, the fans are eviscerating these players. Search Jaylon and D-Law's twitter mentions, it's ugly. Doesn't this feel different?
It does.

So far, the Jones have given us the same daggum it answer that they believe in these players, believe in these coaches, etc,

They can't/won't accept blame for the staff and roster they put together.

The national media doesn't care about getting banned from the Cowboys facilities like the local Dallas media does. Social media allows the average fan to have a voice too. They won't be bale to bully and intimidate their way out of the criticism they so richly deserve.

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
All the vitriol should be aimed at Jerry. He's been steering this train wreck for quarter of a century now. I would love to see article after article about how he'll go down as THE worst GM of all time.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Maybe we get better as the season goes on. It’s Defense that’s the problem. They either make it easier and less disguised or something.

Shane612

Reaction score
I can't recall the last time this franchise was criticized to this extent. It's not just the media, the fans are eviscerating these players. Search Jaylon and D-Law's twitter mentions, it's ugly. Doesn't this feel different?
What else do you expect?
The cow-girls have been irrelevant for 25+ years.
People are frustrated because NFL is a happier place when the cowboys are winning.
Cowboys vs Chiefs should be a classic match up. But, too bad the cowboys have sucked for so long.

TheBigEasy

Reaction score
I miss the days where social media never existed, below average/average professional athletes weren't treated as if they walk on water and when Sunday's were days when the players went to 'work' because they had a job to do. The players would leave everything that they had on the field because they were being paid to do a job and were scared poopless about losing their job to someone who worked harder.

Today, you look at the injury report and it's full of guys who have bruised knees, neck spasms, sore backs, illnesses, etc. no matter the sport. Back in the day, you never thought twice about planning a long weekend to see your favorite team & player play a game. Today, you drop a lot of cash for tickets to an NBA game, in advance, only to stress about showing up to the game, looking at the injury report and realizing that you just wasted your hard earned $ to sit and watch half of the team in street clothes because they had played the night before and the coach didn't want to burn them out.

Like it or not, we've all helped with inflating these athletes egos. They get paid regardless of the team's record. They go to work every day in a clubhouse setting where they're catered to with daily massages, personalized prepared meals and 'no contact' practices. The desire to win is a thing of the past. Other than a handful of guys, most of them just go through the motions, each week, just to get a check and couldn't give a poop about wins & losses. Until they blow up these 'country clubs', we'll have more than enough content to complain about for the foreseeable future. :laugh:

Tussinman

Reaction score
As it should be

the narrative last year was not only do you have to make the playoffs but you have to make a deep run

One year later and we're over here talking about how they might not even win seven games........

It's embarrassing. You're literally wasting Cooper, Prescott, Tyron, Martin, Zeke's career

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Here's hoping all this criticism that the team is getting puts a spur under the saddles of the entire team. This includes everyone from the FO on down to the staff on both sides of the ball and their players. The lack of effort on the part of the entire defense needs to become seriously altered. The results speak for themselves. The Dallas defense needs to wake up and begin showing some effort and energy for a change. It's high time to get serious. No excuses. It's high time for the FO and the coaches to start chewing some *** if they haven't done it yet!

Last edited:

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score

Even I tweeted:

"@thejaylonsmith is straight STEALING money from the Cowboys. Dude's play has fallen off a cliff!"

...and I rarely tweet.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The closest we ever got to not being the Dallas Cowboys was the Parcells era. That entire time felt different. We had no talent yet we were winning games. The players were disciplined and didn't get treated like they were the greatest. Every single football player on those teams was an equal to there peers. If you didn't do your job, you weren't playing. It was majestic. If Parcells was watching the film of Jaylon Smith in the film room with him from Sunday...wooof.
BillP quit on us , period came in like lion left like sheep.. thats on him not jerry..he left us unfinished throw an fn parade for him..

really you mention JS he would have grabbed daks Facemask on the way to the bench talking about 6 Tos in 4 games? the clock he yelled at Romo about Daks breaking those rules every game taking sacks and losing fumbles, dont think second the offense would be left alone..

also KN wouldn't be OC and Dak and zeke would be running an offense like Callahan and Garett ran, ball control, safe , and for sure not leaving to tackles out to dry and using zeke like an fn fullback..

theres plenty wrong with the offense and GO WOOF to it al..

Billp wouldn't hack the new nfl hes dinosaur and garetts not far throw from a BillP type of team..no way new age player stake that noise from Billp calling them names calling them out grabbing their Facemasks..no way

I like the Tuna but he was a foot into retirement while he was here..

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
I hope that the criticism for this team gets worse and worse. They deserve it. The coaching staff, the pitiful, no effort performances by most (not all) on the team, Jerry and his rag tag family. I hope all of them are EMBARRASSED and ASHAMED, as they should be.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
The media is not letting up on this team.

Via FS1 this morning:

Via the CBS broadcast on Sunday:

Disgusting. Our players are greedy no shows. Fine. Get paid and take up most of the cap. But if you’re going to rob the team, at least act like you care/play like it.

Blue64

Reaction score
High time some of these over paid, underachievers get called out.
Two ways of resolving this:either prove your critics wrong by going out on the field and playing your butt off... or have no pride in themselves and just take the abuse letting fall on deaf ears