***The MEGA-SUPER-DUPER..Vince Young Thread***

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
big dog cowboy said:
18???

He won't last past #3 or #4 at best.

He's coming back to Texas next year, and should be the early favorite to win the Heisman...

That said, those who say he was the best player in college football this year are wrong-- that would be Reggie Bush, hands down... oh, Vince had a GREAT season, but Bush's was one for the ages...

thssanders

Reaction score
L. White looked every bit as good as bush tonight, if not better. But look at some of bush's other games. Against Fresno St. he was simply amazing. He pulled off some of the best moves I have ever seen. However, I have to say when he is not behind that line, like on kickoffs, he is not nearly as effective. He is a terrible kick returner (not saying he's a bad punt returner though).

jimmy40

Reaction score
Hometown boy, great QB, automatic sellouts. David Carr owed $8,000,000 roster bonus. I sure hope he stays though.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
gbrittain said:
It was on this forum a week or two back.

I wonder if the imbecile who said steps forward and takes his medicine.

rexrobinson

Reaction score
Vince Young even after you disect his fundementals has something that cant be taught and thats the a killer instinct to make a play.

We all know that he wont be able to do exactly what he does in the NFL due to the speed and smarts of NFL players, but his feet will prevent many a sacks, and he can throw the ball.

IMHO its Lienhart that throws a floater that will get picked off a lot in the NFL.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
Its really going to come down to how he performs at the combine in his drills.

If he throws the deep out then hes #1 overall easily. If he shows a weak arm hes might not be going first round.

Not only does he have the prototypical size but he has the leadership qualities that you want in your franchise QB, but year after year weve seen QBs stock flucuate dramatically with the draft.

TwoSteppinJJ

Reaction score
Thats still if he goes into the draft!

Its funny how many people are now hopping on the vince young fan club bandwagon. Im just glad to see most of you have come to your concensus...

jimmy40

Reaction score
jterrell said:
I am praying he is there at 18.

If he is then replacing Bledsoe next year becomes very viable all of a sudden.
Sadly after this Michael Jordanesque performance I see no way he falls to 18.

He was the best player in college football all year and he proved it tonight.
He was already top five. :rolleyes:

rexrobinson

Reaction score
I dont think it would be a terrible pick if that is true, but I think they will Keep David, and upgrade that atrotious offensive line.

Vince Young will most likely stick around and work on his passing, well that is according to him before the game, but I think he is ready now.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Alexander said:
I wonder if the imbecile who said steps forward and takes his medicine.
It will have to be about 10-15 different people on this forum. Start at the top of the Bledsoe fan club and work your way down.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
jimmy40 said:
Hometown boy, great QB, automatic sellouts. David Carr owed $8,000,000 roster bonus. I sure hope he stays though.

I am sorry Vince game does not translate to the NFL

Look he is a great college QB and had a great season; great bowl game but that does not mean a great NFL QB his side arm delivery will have issues in the NFL where he can get away with it in college.

BAZ

Drunken Mick
Reaction score
It would be a Perfect fit with the Texans but I still think they have faith in Carr. Bush for Houston.

DBoys

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:

Look he is a great college QB and had a great season; great bowl game but that does not mean a great NFL QB his side arm delivery will have issues in the NFL where he can get away with it in college.

Granted but his passing game has improved greatly from last year. I think 1 more year and he will be solid.

jimmy40

Reaction score
Kangaroo said:

Damnit, Drew Bledsoe throws sidearmed all the time. End of issue.

Derinyar

Reaction score
DBoys said:
Vince already said he is staying at Texas 1 more year
I think if he listens to anyone that hes coming out. Terriffic season. Incredible bowl game. His stock is higher now than its ever likely to be again. This time next year the question would be who is #1 Young or Peterson.