The more I look, the more I like

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Guys like Keenum, Dalton, and Tannehill could do very well with this offensive personnel.
Stafford appears to be available as well. Of that group, I would be interested to see $ values around Stafford & Tannehill & what it would allow the organization to do at other positions.

quickccc

Reaction score
I like the idea of drafting a young buck who has more potential and physical tools than Keenum. ,but yet I can't get upset if the team decided to go with a seasoned experience vet QB
such as Keenum. Its what McCarthy & crew feel most comfortable with.

Though I consider Ryan Fitzpatrick a more pure gunner and a better knack for the pass game QB, I can see the point of wanting a seasoned vet QB.... vs the likes of Cooper Rush.
But unlike Pats and GB of the past, i'm not one for drafting a QB high as they have done even with Brady and Rodgers firmly in hand,.. but more so around the 5th round .

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
As depth/security behind Dak, if he could be had for $4-5 million per year I would be enthusiastically for this.

Same here. And that's been my position all along. The guy has had moments of brilliance, both in college and in the pros. Is he "perfect"? Nope, who is? Certainly nobody you could get for anywhere near that price. I think there's a combination of people who know very little of him, combined with those that think giving to credit to another player has to be taken as a slight against someone else.

I watched his game during week one of this year in Washington vs the Eagles and the guy went toe-to-toe with Wentz and the Eagles, actually outperforming him in my opinion. And with nothing in terms of a running game to help him. I'll take that on my team any day.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stafford appears to be available as well. Of that group, I would be interested to see $ values around Stafford & Tannehill & what it would allow the organization to do at other positions.

Lions said publicly today that Stafford isn't going anywhere.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
IT's what I keep wanting to say every time someone hates on Rush. Like....you haven;t even seen him with a first team...let alone time enough to assess
Bless you.

Same things folks said about all the backups last year before they came in & got some victories. Bridgewater went 8 of 9 for example.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bless you.

Same things folks said about all the backups last year before they came in & got some victories. Bridgewater went 8 of 9 for example.

Sure, if you give an undrafted free agent who's never started a single game the same benefit of the doubt that you give a seasoned, former first round pick? Sure, exactly the same....

:facepalm:
Yeesh!

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
lol, if you want to sign keenum, as an upgrade to Cooper Rush, sure, conversation ends there.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This will be my final response to you.

You're a person with no dignity, honor or class.

I invite anyone reading this or the other thread to see exactly how you've behaved in both, and exactly who and what you are and what you bring to this forum. If you had the sense, you'd be ashamed of how you've behaved, but based on your record, I don't expect it.

Anyone reading this is going to see that you’re bitter and angry. I have an opinion of a player that you don’t agree with and you come up with a rant like this. :laugh: Relax! lol What I try to bring to this forum is a voice of reason, along with some sensible insight and I should be ashamed of that? You called me a dummy but I’m the one with no dignity and honor and class who should be ashamed? You’re accusing me of behaving badly? If you have a problem with me or my opinions just put me on ignore.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, but I don't believe them. I mean, that they are willing not that it will ultimately happen.

So you took the blue pill then?

giphy.gif

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Before I get into the meat of this thread, let me preface by saying that it was not created to try to stir up the vigorous debate and arguments from the initial thread that featured the name Case Keenum. But in looking over the guy's career and body of work, I continue to find him an intriguing option to put into the mix for this team.

I'm not saying 'he's better than Dak', so nobody get the wrong impression or your panties in a bunch!

What I am saying, is that hes easily better than Cooper Rush, and somewhere in between Dak level and Rush level.

And what does interest me is in signing Keenum, for two reasons:
  1. To give this team a better backup quarterback, someone who has and can win games if needed. Rush has never shown that ability.
  2. To give this team some measure of fallback option if things did take a bad turn in Dak negotiations. If Dak were to hold out, or somehow force a trade, the cupboard for the Cowboys isn't completely bare.
Based on Keenum's 2019 salary and standing, I think the guy could be had on a multi-year deal in the $4 - $5 million range, at most.

And he proved that on a good team, he can win, and get you to an NFC Championship Game, if the pieces are there around him.

And again, before anyone gets it twisted, nobody is saying the guy is a world beater. But take some time yourself and take a look at his career, college and pros. I think he makes more a decent, highly-affordable option.

Thoughts?

(Here's to hoping I haven't reopened Pandora's box!)
at this point in his career and at the age of 31, with nothing truly distinguishing on his resume and being that he will be on his 7th team, he would be nothing but a back up and as a back up I take him, like we had Peter or Kosar….someone reliable enough to keep things moving until the QB gets back.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
I know I'm going to get slammed for this, but I'd like to see what McCarthy and Moore can do with Josh Rosen.

He was a first round pick for a reason. He has skills. Was behind a horrible o-line in Arizona. Poor coaching in Miami. Needs to be coached up big time. Still on a rookie deal.

Let him learn and develop while Dak plays on his franchise tag (if he signs it).

Let the slamming begin.
not a bad idea....what would he cost and he could be a viable back up to develop

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
at this point in his career and at the age of 31, with nothing truly distinguishing on his resume and being that he will be on his 7th team, he would be nothing but a back up and as a back up I take him, like we had Peter or Kosar….someone reliable enough to keep things moving until the QB gets back.

Bingo!
:hammer:

Or as I mentioned, if things ever went truly nasty in negotiations and they couldn't reach an agreement or we had some holdout on the tag. Like I said, if nothing else at all, a capable backup. Protecting the team, not pushing anyone out the door.

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Sure, if you give an undrafted free agent who's never started a single game the same benefit of the doubt that you give a seasoned, former first round pick? Sure, exactly the same....

:facepalm:
Yeesh!
The broader point being everyone that isn't a starter or big name player is a JAG or trash according to the majority of the public. What about the Kyle Allen in Carolina or Gardner Minshew in Jacksonville? Both got in & won games. Dak was believed to be a wasted draft pick by the majority of this very forum until he got forced into the lineup. Truth is Cooper Rush is no different than Kurt Warner in 99. No one knew who he was & the Rams were doomed ... until he got on the field. Am I saying that will happen for Rush, no. Absolutely not. But nobody knows because he simply hasn't been given any opportunities. It was nice to hear some folks make the point rather than just go along with the narrative.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The broader point being everyone that isn't a starter or big name player is a JAG or trash according to the majority of the public. What about the Kyle Allen in Carolina or Gardner Minshew in Jacksonville? Both got in & won games. Dak was believed to be a wasted draft pick by the majority of this very forum until he got forced into the lineup. Truth is Cooper Rush is no different than Kurt Warner in 99. No one knew who he was & the Rams were doomed ... until he got on the field. Am I saying that will happen for Rush, no. Absolutely not. But nobody knows because he simply hasn't been given any opportunities. It was nice to hear some folks make the point rather than just go along with the narrative.

Have you ever seen Cooper Rush play? Even in the preseason?
Apparently not.

Just because a guy is on the Cowboys roster doesn't mean he's good or capable either. There's the flip side of that coin.

starfan1

Reaction score
IT's what I keep wanting to say every time someone hates on Rush. Like....you haven;t even seen him with a first team...let alone time enough to assess. I've seen enough that I'd like to give him a shot at more. I think he might have some of the same stuff Tannehill, Keenum and Dalton have been able to develop through playing time. EVeryone keep mentioning those guys when we MIGHT already have one on the roster.

For guys hating on Rush...show me what you mean. A video or something. Convince me. NOT just gonna go on your say so.

Steve there may be a reason we haven't seen him with the ones. that being said we have a brand new coaching staff with the exception of Moore so maybe hell get his shot.