The morning hooplah

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Basically what I got out of it was Wade had a meeting and told the team the media is trying to make TO out to be the bad guy.

Then Owens and Witten had an altercation later that day in practice.

Im starting to think there isn't a divided locker room at all.

I think most of the players on this team are upset with Witten because they believe he is the one leaking out info.

I love Witten but if the team is mad at him for leaking out info I can't blame them. I'd be mad too.

So, imo, this seems like its more of Wittens doings than it is Owens doings.

I still don't think Owens should've told Jason not to talk to him. Thats upsetting. But I can understand Owens / The Teams anger toward Witten if he really did leak out information.

Either way I doubt very seriously this stuff effects anything that happens on the field. It's just some good drama.

If you're a pro and can't play through a spit spat what are you doing in the League anyways? College and even Highschool teams can get through locker room fights. I'd hope pros could too.

stiletto

Reaction score
CATCH17;2488999 said:
Basically what I got out of it was Wade had a meeting and told the team the media is trying to make TO out to be the bad guy.

Then Owens and Witten had an altercation later that day in practice.

Im starting to think there isn't a divided locker room at all.

I think most of the players on this team are upset with Witten because they believe he is the one leaking out info.

I love Witten but if the team is mad at him for leaking out info I can't blame them. I'd be mad too.

So, imo, this seems like its more of Wittens doings than it is Owens doings.

I still don't think Owens should've told Jason not to talk to him. Thats upsetting. But I can understand Owens / The Teams anger toward Witten if he really did leak out information.

If this is the case then Witten is a freaking idiot. I just find it hard to believe because all these years Witten just doesn't seem like a guy that would do that BUT I've seen little old ladies who sang in church choir's get caught stealing, so you just never know about people. Sad. No one is perfect that is for sure. If it's true about Witten he needs to man up and do some apologizing. I wonder if we'll ever get the real truth anyways...

Coy

Reaction score
Everything that´s going on this week is TO´s fault, he´s done it everywhere he´s been, I love the guy but that is starting to change.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
Witten was an idiot and deserved to be scorned if he did this.

He is only getting the benefit of the doubt because he hasn't done sit ups in the driveway.

Remember Bennet saying how Witten wouldn't help him and he thought he didn't like him?

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
McLovin;2489021 said:
Witten was an idiot and deserved to be scorned if he did this.

He is only getting the benefit of the doubt because he hasn't done sit ups in the driveway.

Remember Bennet saying how Witten wouldn't help him and he thought he didn't like him?

Witten did that with Bennet because that was how Witten learned from Dan Campbell.

However I do believe that Bennet has since said that they do talk and he does help him now.

For me...I give Witten the benefit of the doubt, much more so than someone who has a history of creating problems.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Coy;2489018 said:
Everything that´s going on this week is TO´s fault, he´s done it everywhere he´s been, I love the guy but that is starting to change.

I just don't think you can say that in this case though.

TO doesn't talk to Werder. So obviously TO didn't start it.

Garrett has an open door policy. As he should.

I'm actually suprised that so many people are upset that our Team communicates with the coaches. Thats not a bad thing at all. Not one single bit.

So if Garrett called them in and the players expressed their feelings what is wrong with that? Nothing at all.

Unless it gets out to the media. Which can make TO look awful because of his HISTORY.

So if this got out because Witten was upset that TO complained than I can see why TO and the Team are mad at Witten.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
This entire situation is a result of TO whining about stats, without his asinine juvenile behavior none of this comes about. Now it has apparently divided the team, another of the things that follows TO from team to team.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
You have to give Witten the benefit of the doubt, but it's not unreasonable to add things up the way Catch is. If true, Witten loses a ton of respect, and looks like the whiny player that's dividing the team rather than TO.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2489027 said:
For me...I give Witten the benefit of the doubt, much more so than someone who has a history of creating problems.

No kidding. The guy who's always been a model teammate or the guy who's always caused problems everywhere he's been... Not a tough call.

And how does the team know Witten was leaking stuff anyway? That's all based off media reports, right? So we immediately take that at face value, while all the TO stuff is fabricated by the evil media time after time?

What a mess. Get TO off this team ASAP.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;2489029 said:
This entire situation is a result of TO whining about stats, without his asinine juvenile behavior none of this comes about. Now it has apparently divided the team, another of the things that follows TO from team to team.

Maybe its not.

Maybe, just maybe, Romo is forcing the ball to Witten.

Brian Broadus said Receivers were open against Pittsburgh and Romo was not throwing them the ball. Patrick Crayton especially.

I know one thing. TO is Electric with the ball in his hands and we definetely do not get the ball to him enough. He disapears in games and he should never disapear because he is a guy that can run a 3 yard drag route and turn it into a big gain at any time.

TheDude

McLovin
Reaction score
if true, I wonder how many will say TO really didn't cause all of the hoopla this week.

Leaking stuff like this is 300% worse than TO saying he wants the ball and not throwing Romo or Witten under the bus publically.

Ren

Reaction score
I refuse to believe Witten is the leak, but i'm not going to blame TO for this mess either it's such a non story that i find it amazing how much people are putting into this

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CATCH17;2489045 said:
Maybe its not.

Brian Broadus said Receivers were open against Pittsburgh and Romo was not throwing them the ball. Patrick Crayton especially.

I know one thing. TO is Electric with the ball in his hands and we definetely do not get the ball to him enough. He disapears in games and he should never disapear because he is a guy that can run a 3 yard drag route and turn it into a big gain at any time.

When's the last time he did that?

And when he disappears, why is it always everyone else's fault?

Broaddus did say that, but one, the conditions for passing were awful. And two, two of the INTs were partly the fault of TO... A wide receiver.

Besides, this whole fiasco isn't about getting Crayton the ball more. It's about one person, and we all know who that is.

Coy

Reaction score
CATCH17;2489028 said:
I just don't think you can say that in this case though.

TO doesn't talk to Werder. So obviously TO didn't start it.

Garrett has an open door policy. As he should.

I'm actually suprised that so many people are upset that our Team communicates with the coaches. Thats not a bad thing at all. Not one single bit.

So if Garrett called them in and the players expressed their feelings what is wrong with that? Nothing at all.

Unless it gets out to the media. Which can make TO look awful because of his HISTORY.

So if this got out because Witten was upset that TO complained than I can see why TO and the Team are mad at Witten.

I know TO wasn´t the one who broke the story to the Media, and if Witten did it shame on him, but my point is this, Do you think this would be happening if TO weren´t on this team??'

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2489058 said:

Broaddus did say that, but one, the conditions for passing were awful. And two, two of the INTs were partly the fault of TO... A wide receiver.

Besides, this whole fiasco isn't about getting Crayton the ball more. It's about one person, and we all know who that is.
Actually, it started because Jason Garrett called all of the receivers to his office.

And there's this:

Cbz40;2479878 said:
OK, but people are saying you are frustrated by your involvement or lack thereof. Are you?

T.O.: "I don't care about that. I am all about winning the ball the game. If I am open, throw me the ball. If Patrick is open, throw him the ball. If Roy is open, throw him the ball. That is my only gripe. What I do in this offense, I know it can help us. It can allow guys to create one on one matchups. It can allow guys like Martellus Bennett to get open, Patrick to be open, Roy to be open.

That is all I am concerned about. I am not really worried about my stats. My stats speak for itself.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
CATCH17;2489045 said:
Maybe its not.

Go back and watch the game film. The stats will tell you that Romo throws to TO more than everyone else. Now watch the Commanders game or even the Pitt game early. He is forcing things to TO. Crayton and R Williams may have a beef because with all of TO's whining Romo focuses too much on him to keep him happy. Now watch the plays he isn't getting the ball and you will see the D is taking him out of plays with simple, strait forward coverages. In addition he drops WAY too many passes that hit him in his hands.

So if you were Romo and you have a guy who can't beat coverage most of the time and drops balls that hit him in his hands at the worst moments, and a guy who (again watch the film) catches balls at huge moments his whole career. Add in you have the vaunted Pitt D in your face trying to put as much pressure as possible on you to force you in a bad throw. Who do you throw it to????? I'm guessing in that situation, you throw it to your safety valve. That is exactly what Aikman did. Novacheck was almost the same player and would get these type of balls more often than not. The difference between Aikman and Romo is that Irvin didn't drop easy passes and never got taken out of games the way TO has. Irvin fought every play and never gave up on plays.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
CATCH17;2489045 said:
Maybe its not.

When TO had his little whine fest on national TV I remember the media immediately went to Witten and asked him what he thought about TOs complaints. The media knew who TO was jabbing but it seems many fans on this board still don't see what has happened.

Now the team is divided and Tony has to think about being politically correct in his throws instead of making his reads. This is a product of one player and that is TO.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2489058 said:

You don't ever stop during a game and say why isn't TO getting the ball?

I do agree with your observations about the Weather playing a factor.

And the meetings weren't all about one person. TO, Crayton, and Roy Williams all were called in to talk to Garrett.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Coy;2489067 said:
I know TO wasn´t the one who broke the story to the Media, and if Witten did it shame on him, but my point is this, Do you think this would be happening if TO weren´t on this team??'

Yes. I believe it happens on almost every team in the NFL except maybe the Lions or some other loser of a team.

TO is smart enough to know when he has a "complaint" that it can't go public because of his history.

It some how went public and look what happens.