The morning hooplah

Dave_in-NC

Reaction score
Dallas;2489271 said:
That is all fine and good. You still don't allow any of it. What irritates me is that nobody is saying Witts wrong, just that they hate T.O for doing it.

Im against ALL of it. Be that Owens AND Witt and ANYONE talking like that to a reporter.

You do NOT stab other players in the back.

Don't get me wrong. I am not condoning what Owens says or has done. Im just not making a double standard out of it.

Didn't you say you are an owens fan?
Are you a newborn? Because if you aren't how closely have you followed owens?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Tass;2489120 said:
I find myself wondering why Roy isn't getting the ball more during games.

Or Crayton, who despite the huge drop in the playoffs last year, has glue hands.

But ESPECIALLY Roy. The guy is 6'4" and runs the fade route better than anyone in the NFL.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;2489305 said:
Or Crayton, who despite the huge drop in the playoffs last year, has glue hands.

But ESPECIALLY Roy. The guy is 6'4" and runs the fade route better than anyone in the NFL.
cause Romo sucks at throwing fades

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2489259 said:
So it's ok for do right golden boy Witten to leak info to the media? I don't recall TO "leaking" anything or even giving the media anything to chew on.

No double standards in progress at all...

TO was interviewed on Tuesday as being "jolly" and also said that the team needed to execute, get out there and get a win on Sunday. He also ripped Keyshawn Johnson in the interview, which was aired on ESPN.

A day later, Ed Werder breaks a story ripping into TO, despite the fact that the meetings included other players that were concerned about the direction of the team and "just want to win."

The day after that, the media (especially BSPN) has a field day, citing numerous "anonymous" sources.

Is anyone else seeing a connection here?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Rampage;2489310 said:
cause Romo sucks at throwing fades

Well we saw that against Pittsburgh when he threw that pick to Ike Taylor. TO had him beat on the sideline and TO doesn't even run the fade well.

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
casmith07;2489318 said:
Well we saw that against Pittsburgh when he threw that pick to Ike Taylor. TO had him beat on the sideline and TO doesn't even run the fade well.
yup. remember the fade to Owens at near the end of the Buffalo game last year?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Dave_in-NC;2489292 said:
Didn't you say you are an owens fan?
Are you a newborn? Because if you aren't how closely have you followed owens?

I like Owens don't get me wrong. Am I a fan? Yes- I am a Terrell Fan.

I like his skills and think he is one of the best ever.

So?

Am I a newborn? Huh? Is this how this debate is going to go down?

Do me a favor Dave in Giants Land. Go back and re-read my posts in this thread.

I said I don't condone what Owens does in the media but I wont sit by and say its ok for Witt to be a snitch to some reporter. Whats crap is crap.

That better?

The Panch

Reaction score
I despise Owens with a passion and am a big time Witten fan, but I dont see how anybody can defend Witten if he did this. That's a coward move. If you're not man enough to say it to T.O.'s face and have to go under an alias with the media to get your point across, you're a coward.

Mash

Reaction score
So let me get this straight.....

Romo made bad decisions....threw 3 picks....and all we hear was that two of picks were TO fault....

Last time I watched that game.....Romo shouldnt of throw those passes.

On the third pick....Romo makes another bad decision....costs us the game and Witten later states it was his fault.

Again....that pass should of never been thrown.

Then info was leaked....and we hear about WR's meeting with Garrett (which btw...has happened several times this year)

Witten supposely leaked this info....why? I dont know....protecting Romo again?

Is this right? Is this how it happened?

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Bleu Star;2489259 said:
So it's ok for do right golden boy Witten to leak info to the media? I don't recall TO "leaking" anything or even giving the media anything to chew on.

No double standards in progress at all...

So the numerous interviews with Deon don't count? How about the comments at the end of every game he isn't happy in? Frankly you don't know Witten leaked anything (the rumors I heard was his agent) and you don't know that TO is not the source of any of the leaks earlier this season. This team leaks like a strainer.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
FLCowboyFan;2489350 said:
So the numerous interviews with Deon don't count? How about the comments at the end of every game he isn't happy in? Frankly you don't know Witten leaked anything (the rumors I heard was his agent) and you don't know that TO is not the source of any of the leaks earlier this season. This team leaks like a strainer.

My point exactly.. Thanks for making it for me. I don't know and neither do you. The only thing you can point to is TO's interview with Deion after the Skins loss. If that's all you have this season then I am content with the way our star #1 WR has handled himself this season.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
theogt;2489034 said:
You have to give Witten the benefit of the doubt, but it's not unreasonable to add things up the way Catch is. If true, Witten loses a ton of respect, and looks like the whiny player that's dividing the team rather than TO.
Yea agreed. Again like i said yesterday i wont judge anyone until everything is confirmed to be true or not true but if Witten really has been leaking all this to the media he is gonna lose a lot of respect from a lot of people including myself who considers Witten my favorite offensive player. T.O certainly isnt without his share of blame but all this crap should have never been leaked out whether it was witten or someone else!

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
Bleu Star;2489374 said:
My point exactly.. Thanks for making it for me. I don't know and neither do you. The only thing you can point to is TO's interview with Deion after the Skins loss. If that's all you have this season then I am content with the way our star #1 WR has handled himself this season.

While you say that was harmless, it was that interview that draw the media's attention to Witten. It was when the media latched on to the Witten being Tony's security blanket and best friend. It resulted in Jason and Tony having to defend themselves to the media.

And why wouldn't Witten be Tony's go to guy? He runs more consistent routes than TO and he catches the ball better than TO. This entire media circus starts with that interview.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;2489401 said:
While you say that was harmless, it was that interview that draw the media's attention to Witten. It was when the media latched on to the Witten being Tony's security blanket and best friend. It resulted in Jason and Tony having to defend themselves to the media.

And why wouldn't Witten be Tony's go to guy? He runs more consistent routes than TO and he catches the ball better than TO. This entire media circus starts with that interview.

The media's been playing up Jason and Tony's relationship long before that interview. You can't watch Witten catch a pass without hearing an announcer all the way back to last season talk about how they're best friends, and they are and have always been roommates on road trips, and how they were friends before Tony even got to play, etc.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
casmith07;2489422 said:
The media's been playing up Jason and Tony's relationship long before that interview. You can't watch Witten catch a pass without hearing an announcer all the way back to last season talk about how they're best friends, and they are and have always been roommates on road trips, and how they were friends before Tony even got to play, etc.

I understand that what I'm saying is that after his interview is when the media started questioning whether that friendship was working against TO. The media certainly took TO's comments as a swipe at Witten and Tony and led directly to them chasing this Witten vs TO storyline.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;2489440 said:
I understand that what I'm saying is that after his interview is when the media started questioning whether that friendship was working against TO. The media certainly took TO's comments as a swipe at Witten and Tony and led directly to them chasing this Witten vs TO storyline.

Of course! It's the media! Earthlings love to watch drama so if they can create it, ESPECIALLY around the Dallas Cowboys, they'll go for it.

Reaction score
CATCH17;2489028 said:
I just don't think you can say that in this case though.

TO doesn't talk to Werder. So obviously TO didn't start it.

Garrett has an open door policy. As he should.

I'm actually suprised that so many people are upset that our Team communicates with the coaches. Thats not a bad thing at all. Not one single bit.

So if Garrett called them in and the players expressed their feelings what is wrong with that? Nothing at all.

Unless it gets out to the media. Which can make TO look awful because of his HISTORY.

So if this got out because Witten was upset that TO complained than I can see why TO and the Team are mad at Witten.

You right about everything....

And more than half of the board will disagree with the truth.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
McCordsville Cowboy;2489455 said:
You right about everything....

And more than half of the board will disagree with the truth.

Might wanna change your sig...Charlie's definitely not on the hot seat.

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2489158 said:
Why is it that TO can go on the NFL network with Deion after a WIN and ***** and moan to the world that the offense and the coordinator are no good and that he's not getting the ball enough, and it's fine... But if a teammate says one thing to a reporter about him being a jerk in the locker room, it's unacceptable?

Wow... Do some of you think that everyone else on the team is exactly like TO, but Jason chose out of spite to single him out?

It makes NO sense. Some people need to get the pine needles out of their eyes, step back, and see the forest.

Or see the Anti - T.0 propoganda