The morning hooplah

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
CATCH17;2489099 said:
You don't ever stop during a game and say why isn't TO getting the ball?

I do agree with your observations about the Weather playing a factor.

And the meetings weren't all about one person. TO, Crayton, and Roy Williams all were called in to talk to Garrett.

I find myself wondering why Roy isn't getting the ball more during games.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
CATCH17;2489099 said:
You don't ever stop during a game and say why isn't TO getting the ball?

No, I don't. Why? Because I know we're already trying as hard as we can to get him the ball as much as we can. I see it with my own eyes and the numbers bear it out. What else can we do? We even motion the guy into a tailback position and pitch him the ball on 3rd and 2, for crying out loud.

And Catch, do you truly think this story would have been exactly the same if TO weren't involved? You think Patrick Crayton or Roy Williams would be telling Witten to never talk to them when he tries to talk to them about a route?

Tass said:
I find myself wondering why Roy isn't getting the ball more during games.
:hammer:

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;2489087 said:
When TO had his little whine fest on national TV I remember the media immediately went to Witten and asked him what he thought about TOs complaints. The media knew who TO was jabbing but it seems many fans on this board still don't see what has happened.

Now the team is divided and Tony has to think about being politically correct in his throws instead of making his reads. This is a product of one player and that is TO.

None of this is new to Tony. Hes going to throw the ball to the guy he see open first.

1 bad game should not change the way you play the game.

Wanting to change something the first time something goes bad is Typical Cowboy fan Logic and not reality.

Paniolo22

Hawaiian Cowboy
Reaction score
This whole thing is such BS. TO never went to the media with his complaints, the guy does it the right way and keeps it between him and the coaches, someone leaks it, and he is bashed. I'm not a TO apologist, but when he catches the ball, we usually win. Period.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2489123 said:
No, I don't. Why? Because I know we're already trying as hard as we can to get him the ball as much as we can. I see it with my own eyes and the numbers bear it out. What else can we do? We even motion the guy into a tailback position and pitch him the ball on 3rd and 2, for crying out loud.

And Catch, do you truly think this story would have been exactly the same if TO weren't involved? You think Patrick Crayton or Roy Williams would be telling Witten to never talk to them when he tries to talk about a route?

Thats the part im upset with TO about.

I have no doubt if Witten was the one who leaked the source out that Patrick Crayton, Roy Williams, or any other NFL receiver would be angry with him.

For someone who has been wraked over the coals by the media like TO has I can see how he would react that way to Witten if Witten was the leak.

This was something that happened in private, like it should, and it got out.

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
CATCH17;2489124 said:
None of this is new to Tony. Hes going to throw the ball to the guy he see open first.

1 bad game should not change the way you play the game.

Wanting to change something the first time something goes bad is Typical Cowboy fan Logic and not reality.

Well I hope he doesn't give it a second thought because he shouldn't have that pressure. But it's there now and the media will follow it that's for sure, he will be questioned about it no matter what. And why? because TO can't accept that there are other options on the field other than him.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Paniolo22;2489139 said:
This whole thing is such BS. TO never went to the media with his complaints, the guy does it the right way and keeps it between him and the coaches, someone leaks it, and he is bashed. I'm not a TO apologist, but when he catches the ball, we usually win. Period.

Completely agree.

The only thing TO did in this entire thing that upsets me is telling Witten not to talk to him.

But I do understand how TO could be that mad at Witten if Witten leaked it out because look at what it has caused.

Haley94

Reaction score
If Witten went public, then the drama this week is on him. The team has a right to be mad. Just because one guy says all the right things in public doesn't mean he has a huge ego, and will use behind the scenes methods to get his way. If this is the case, he should fess up to the team, apologize, and say he learned his lesson. He will be forgiven. If TO or anyone else can't forgive him then it's on them.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;2489027 said:
Witten did that with Bennet because that was how Witten learned from Dan Campbell.

However I do believe that Bennet has since said that they do talk and he does help him now.

For me...I give Witten the benefit of the doubt, much more so than someone who has a history of creating problems.

Of course. Ignore the articles that claim Witt and Witts agent were the sources leaking the information. Those are false. You should only believe the ones that trash T.O because they are so obviously true. :rolleyes:

I get it.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Why is it that TO can go on the NFL network with Deion after a WIN and ***** and moan to the world that the offense and the coordinator are no good and that he's not getting the ball enough, and it's fine... But if a teammate says one thing to a reporter about him being a jerk in the locker room, it's unacceptable?

Wow... Do some of you think that everyone else on the team is exactly like TO, but Jason chose out of spite to single him out?

It makes NO sense. Some people need to get the pine needles out of their eyes, step back, and see the forest.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;2489148 said:
Well I hope he doesn't give it a second thought because he shouldn't have that pressure. But it's there now and the media will follow it that's for sure, he will be questioned about it no matter what. And why? because TO can't accept that there are other options on the field other than him.

I think we can do some things with TO other than making him run everyone covering him off and then checking it down to Witten or Barber.

We need to dink and dunk to TO more instead of dinking and dunking to Witten and Barber as much.

Owens runs more long, down field routes than I think he should. JMO

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2489158 said:
Why is it that TO can go on the NFL network with Deion after a WIN and ***** and moan to the world that the offense and the coordinator are no good and that he's not getting the ball enough, and it's fine... But if a teammate says one thing to a reporter about him being a jerk in the locker room, it's unacceptable?

It makes NO sense. Some people need to get the pine needles out of their eyes, step back, and see the forest.

You are seriously asking that question? You don't know the difference?

You don't see the difference?

When did T.O throw Witten under the bus? Owens isn't the one having side conversations w/ reports about so and so or so and so.

There is a huge difference. You keep your trash in house and what Witt was supposedly saying was all trash to be leaked out.

Huge difference than what Owens says on NATIONAL TV and not on the sly w/ some reporter so he won't get caught.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

Wow... Do some of you think that everyone else on the team is exactly like TO, but Jason chose out of spite to single him out?

I dont deny TO shouldn't have done that. I'm still scratching my head about that one.

I love all these guys. I'm on everyones side.

Just in this case if Witten opened his mouth than TO is taking a lot of heat that he shouldn't be taking.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
CATCH17;2488999 said:
Basically what I got out of it was Wade had a meeting and told the team the media is trying to make TO out to be the bad guy.

Then Owens and Witten had an altercation later that day in practice.

Im starting to think there isn't a divided locker room at all.

I think most of the players on this team are upset with Witten because they believe he is the one leaking out info.

I love Witten but if the team is mad at him for leaking out info I can't blame them. I'd be mad too.

So, imo, this seems like its more of Wittens doings than it is Owens doings.

I still don't think Owens should've told Jason not to talk to him. Thats upsetting. But I can understand Owens / The Teams anger toward Witten if he really did leak out information.

Either way I doubt very seriously this stuff effects anything that happens on the field. It's just some good drama.

If you're a pro and can't play through a spit spat what are you doing in the League anyways? College and even Highschool teams can get through locker room fights. I'd hope pros could too.

CATCH17;2489028 said:
I just don't think you can say that in this case though.

TO doesn't talk to Werder. So obviously TO didn't start it.

Garrett has an open door policy. As he should.

I'm actually suprised that so many people are upset that our Team communicates with the coaches. Thats not a bad thing at all. Not one single bit.

So if Garrett called them in and the players expressed their feelings what is wrong with that? Nothing at all.

Unless it gets out to the media. Which can make TO look awful because of his HISTORY.

So if this got out because Witten was upset that TO complained than I can see why TO and the Team are mad at Witten.

Catch... You're making waaaaay too much sense for the soap stars. Don't be surprised if they don't follow your astute line of thought. :D

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
Dallas;2489166 said:
You are seriously asking that question? You don't know the difference?

You don't see the difference?

When did T.O throw Witten under the bus? Owens isn't the one having side conversations w/ reports about so and so or so and so.

There is a huge difference. You keep your trash in house and what Witt was supposedly saying was all trash to be leaked out.

Huge difference than what Owens says on NATIONAL TV and not on the sly w/ some reporter so he won't get caught.

So if TO had called out Witten on national TV, it would be okay because he's not being sneaky about it?

And yes, you're right... TO has been a model teammate, always, while Witten is the bad guy.

Amazing. :lmao2:

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Next_years_Champs;2489029 said:
This entire situation is a result of TO whining about stats, without his asinine juvenile behavior none of this comes about. Now it has apparently divided the team, another of the things that follows TO from team to team.

Exactly, the way TO has been whining and throwing people under the bus was bound to have some side effects. His act gets old really quick.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score

Why is that TO is considered a cancer that's dividing the locker room when he goes to the media, when Jason gets a complete pass when he does the same thing (assuming Jason did)?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2489173 said:
So if TO had called out Witten on national TV, it would be okay because he's not being sneaky about it?

And yes, you're right... TO has been a model teammate, always, while Witten is the bad guy.

Amazing. :lmao2:

Spin it however you likve CL. Thats typical. I find it amazing that you can't see the difference. Ive watched most of all of T.O's interviews. I don't see him calling anyone out. He may reference the offensive system but he was never calling any individual out in those interviews.

If what is true about Witt and his agent. Then yes, there is a big difference from what T.O. was saying on those interviews.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: I got motes as well.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
theogt;2489179 said:
Why is that TO is considered a cancer that's dividing the locker room when he goes to the media, when Jason gets a complete pass when he does the same thing (assuming Jason did)?

That is my whole problem. It appears for some that its ok for others to do it but by god if T.O. ever does it.

I TOLD YOU SO - I TOLD YOU SO

Thats basically where CL is hanging his hat.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Dallas;2489184 said:
Spin it however you likve CL. Thats typical. I find it amazing that you can't see the difference. Ive watched most of all of T.O's interviews. I don't see him calling anyone out. He may reference the offensive system but he was never calling any individual out in those interviews.

If what is true about Witt and his agent. Then yes, there is a big difference from what T.O. was saying on those interviews.

:lmao2: :lmao2: :lmao2: I got motes as well.

You have your head up your arse if you have seen every TO interview and say he hasnt called anyone out. He has made reference to Garrett's system, Romo not staying with him and numerous assertions that directly or indirectly throw them under the bus.

TO is a selfish prik, who constantly needs his ego fed. He has to go on National TV and tell everyone how great he is how nothing is ever his fault, his numbers are down because of this person or that person. He is just a punk and hope he is gone next year.