The morning hooplah

Sportsbabe

Reaction score
Coy;2489018 said:
Everything that´s going on this week is TO´s fault, he´s done it everywhere he´s been, I love the guy but that is starting to change.

I agree also, except for the part about "my feelings changing about Sherrell". He is what he is. I get so sick of people pretending like he's the worst thing in the history of the NFL. Everyone has flaws and faults. He has them too. He is highly upset that we lost that game last week. So is every die-hard Cowboy fan on the face of this earth. It shouldn't have happened. TO knows it, the team knows it. Sherrell just doesn't know how to handle it ... and neither do I.

Tony turns over the ball way to much. Not the interceptions that bother me, it the fumbles.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Doomsday;2489199 said:
You have your head up your arse if you have seen every TO interview and say he hasnt called anyone out. He has made reference to Garrett's system, Romo not staying with him and numerous assertions that directly or indirectly throw them under the bus.

And you have your head up yours as well. Go back and watch those interviews. He is not calling anyone out by name. Re-read my post. I said he references the offensive system but he isn't out throwing Romo and Witt under the bus like the so called source did w/ him.

Pull your head out of your A maybe.

Don't get confused either. I never said T.O didn't have some fault. I said that what Witt did or so called said was totally uncalled for. Being a little backstabber like that is terrible for a team.

IF it even happened, which im no so certain that it did.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
I just don't think TO is the bad teamate that everyone makes him out to be.

Maybe he was in other places. But not here in Dallas.

The players love him. Even watching him on Hard Knocks you could tell a lot of guys look up to him.

You do get some strange things said when you have the TO show in town but for the most part he has been a really good guy here.

CutMeMick

Reaction score
Dallas;2489188 said:
That is my whole problem. It appears for some that its ok for others to do it but by god if T.O. ever does it.

I TOLD YOU SO - I TOLD YOU SO

Thats basically where CL is hanging his hat.

The entire premise of this thread is that you ASSUME Witt
is guilty of spreading rumors.
You have yet to explain why, and for what earthly purpose,
Witt would want to do something like that.
The guy has been nothing but a team player his entire career.
He was the first one to point to HIMSELF after Romo's int!
When have you EVER seen TO do something like that?

Yet, some are ready to back TO under any circumstances.
Don't you get it?
This is what he does. This is who he is!

He's done it EVERYWHERE- why should the Cowboyz be different?
He divides teams, & lockerrooms, & front offices.....Period!

Please, put the Kool-Aid down!!!:blind:

sbark

Reaction score
After every 3 and out......TO is on the sidelines ******ing someone out on Natl TV........I would imagine the others got tired of that crap after awhile.....

Maybe if he'd cut that kind of crap out in front of millions of people....the other stuff would stay in team also.....

quid pro quo?

Next_years_Champs

Reaction score
Chocolate Lab;2489173 said:
So if TO had called out Witten on national TV, it would be okay because he's not being sneaky about it?

And yes, you're right... TO has been a model teammate, always, while Witten is the bad guy.

Amazing. :lmao2:

I would have said it a little differently, while TO didn't call Witten by name he complained about not enough passes coming his way which means what exactly? Since most passes go to either TO or Witten who exactly was TO taking a shot at? The play calling because their throwing to many passes to Witten?

If I were Witten it would definitely annoy me somewhat and I'll bet it annoyed Jason. BTW that's exactly how the media took it I even remember them questioning Witten about it.

So really I would say TO did call out Witten regardless that he aimed his comments at the play calling. It's why the media is chasing the story IMO.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
sbark;2489240 said:
After every 3 and out......TO is on the sidelines ******ing someone out on Natl TV........I would imagine the others got tired of that crap after awhile.....

Maybe if he'd cut that kind of crap out in front of millions of people....the other stuff would stay in team also.....

quid pro quo?

Competitor?

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
CutMeMick;2489230 said:

Don't you get it?

Please, put down the Kool-Aid!!!:blind:

Forgive a brother for trying to give people the benefit of the doubt. What proof do you have that T.O. did all of those things? You are just reading the articles like the rest of us.

Don't try and be some crystal ball and know it all.

Im reading where it was Witt who was the source and you are reading that these incidents happened regarding Owens on the field and in the locker room.

There is no Kool-Aid. I love both players equally well. They are some of the best in the business.

Not everyone is a sheep cuz.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
CutMeMick;2489230 said:

Don't you get it?

Please, put down the Kool-Aid!!!:blind:

What did TO do this week that was so crazy??????

I doubt very seriously he would tell Witten not to talk to him because he thinks Wittens getting the ball thrown to him more.

As far as i'm concerned TO did nothing out of the norm this week and who ever spilled the beans to Werder is 100% completely in the wrong and caused all of this.

You knew how Werder & the media would put there spin on it.

Werder is looking for a story and he isn't going to throw the guy who gave him his story under the bus. He spun it towards the guy who simply tells him "Next Question".

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas;2489218 said:
And you have your head up yours as well. Go back and watch those interviews. He is not calling anyone out by name. Re-read my post. I said he references the offensive system but he isn't out throwing Romo and Witt under the bus like the so called source did w/ him.

Pull your head out of your A maybe.

Don't get confused either. I never said T.O didn't have some fault. I said that what Witt did or so called said was totally uncalled for. Being a little backstabber like that is terrible for a team.

IF it even happened, which im no so certain that it did.
"I can't throw the ball and catch it" - Terrell Owens

I don't think it takes a genius to figure out who he's talking about.

FLCowboyFan

Hoping to be half the man Tom Landry was.
Reaction score
Doomsday;2489177 said:
:hammer:

Exactly, the way TO has been whining and throwing people under the bus was bound to have some side effects. His act gets old really quick.

It appears that some on this board think it is ok for TO to throw everyone under the bus continually and complain every time things don't go his way but if ANYONE else does it is a huge problem. TO has made comments that have been directed at Romo and Garret and now Witten. He has gone on TV to complain and my guess is that he complains alot behind the scenes that we don't see. He yells at the coaches on the sideline, etc. But the moment that somebody else says anything to the media about him..........Bam he is a victim.

He has even divided our fans. The guy is not worth the damage he has caused this year. I honestly believe our O got out of sync because of his complaining. Starting with that first Washington game, we changed our O as a result of his complaining. Go back and look at it and that was the first game of our O got out of sync. Sure the coaches are probably weak to let this affect the game planning, but I'm convinced this is what happened to our O this season. TO's drama is really getting old and IMHO is hurting this team.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Rampage;2489247 said:
"I can't throw the ball and catch it" - Terrell Owens

I don't think it takes a genius to figure out who he's talking about.

So you are saying it's ok if Witt runs off to the shadows to be some source in an article ripping the guy?

You are ok w/ players doing that? Ok - I gotchya.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
CATCH17;2488999 said:
Basically what I got out of it was Wade had a meeting and told the team the media is trying to make TO out to be the bad guy.

Then Owens and Witten had an altercation later that day in practice.

Im starting to think there isn't a divided locker room at all.

I think most of the players on this team are upset with Witten because they believe he is the one leaking out info.

I love Witten but if the team is mad at him for leaking out info I can't blame them. I'd be mad too.

So, imo, this seems like its more of Wittens doings than it is Owens doings.

I still don't think Owens should've told Jason not to talk to him. Thats upsetting. But I can understand Owens / The Teams anger toward Witten if he really did leak out information.

Either way I doubt very seriously this stuff effects anything that happens on the field. It's just some good drama.

If you're a pro and can't play through a spit spat what are you doing in the League anyways? College and even Highschool teams can get through locker room fights. I'd hope pros could too.
Who cares what most of the other players think? Witten will be here long after most of them are gone, so it's they who have to adapt to Romo and Witten, not vice versa.

If reports are true that Witten is the source, then complaining to a reporter is worse than a WR who's constantly creating dissension? I doubt that there wasn't the beginnings of a divided lockerrom prior to this.

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
FLCowboyFan;2489249 said:
It appears that some on this board think it is ok for TO to throw everyone under the bus continually and complain every time things don't go his way but if ANYONE else does it is a huge problem. TO has made comments that have been directed at Romo and Garret and now Witten. He has gone on TV to complain and my guess is that he complains alot behind the scenes that we don't see. He yells at the coaches on the sideline, etc. But the moment that somebody else says anything to the media about him..........Bam he is a victim.

He has even divided our fans. The guy is not worth the damage he has caused this year. I honestly believe our O got out of sync because of his complaining. Starting with that first Washington game, we changed our O as a result of his complaining. Go back and look at it and that was the first game of our O got out of sync. Sure the coaches are probably weak to let this affect the game planning, but I'm convinced this is what happened to our O this season. TO's drama is really getting old and IMHO is hurting this team.

So it's ok for do right golden boy Witten to leak info to the media? I don't recall TO "leaking" anything or even giving the media anything to chew on.

No double standards in progress at all...

Rampage

Benched
Reaction score
Dallas;2489252 said:
So you are saying it's ok if Witt runs off to the shadows to be some source in an article ripping the guy?

now i'm not. but he hasn't destroyed 2 teams already by doing that. the guy you keep defending has already and is working on destroying his 3rd team. that 3rd team just so happens to be the team both you and I are fans of assuming you're a Dallas Cowboys fan and not just a Owens fan.

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
Dallas;2489252 said:

I don't concede that he did, but why is it worse to answer a reporter's questions anonymously, vs going on NFL network and making a fool of yourself, criticizing your QB and coaches?

Are Romo and the coaches supposed to overlook it because it's TO?

TO's an idiot and things will never be whole in that lockerroom with him there. He's shown that time and again.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2489254 said:
Who cares what most of the other players think? Witten will be here long after most of them are gone, so it's they who have to adapt to Romo and Witten, not vice versa.

If reports are true that Witten is the source, then complaining to a reporter is worse than a WR who's constantly creating dissension? I doubt that there wasn't the beginnings of a divided lockerrom prior to this.

The worst thing TO has done since he has been here was his interview with Deion.

Other than that I don't see the constant creating of dissension.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Rampage;2489262 said:
now i'm not. but he hasn't destroyed 2 teams already by doing that. the guy you keep defending has already and is working on destroying his 3rd team. that 3rd team just so happens to be the team both you and I are fans of assuming you're a Dallas Cowboys fan and not just a Owens fan.

yeah - ive been here since 2004 because im a Terrell Owens fan.

Dallas

Old bulletproof tiger
Reaction score
Double Trouble;2489264 said:
I don't concede that he did, but why is it worse to answer a reporter's questions anonymously, vs going on NFL network and making a fool of yourself, criticizing your QB and coaches?

Are Romo and the coaches supposed to overlook it because it's TO?

TO's an idiot and things will never be whole in that lockerroom with him there. He's shown that time and again.

That is all fine and good. You still don't allow any of it. What irritates me is that nobody is saying Witts wrong, just that they hate T.O for doing it.

Im against ALL of it. Be that Owens AND Witt and ANYONE talking like that to a reporter.

You do NOT stab other players in the back.

Don't get me wrong. I am not condoning what Owens says or has done. Im just not making a double standard out of it.

CutMeMick

Reaction score
Dallas;2489245 said:
Forgive a brother for trying to give people the benefit of the doubt. What proof do you have that T.O. did all of those things? You are just reading the articles like the rest of us.

Don't try and be some crystal ball and know it all.

Im reading where it was Witt who was the source and you are reading that these incidents happened regarding Owens on the field and in the locker room.

There is no Kool-Aid. I love both players equally well. They are some of the best in the business.

Not everyone is a sheep cuz.

With all due respect, "CUZ", you've got to be kidding!

Ever heard of that timeless proverb;
"Those who do not learn from HISTORY,
are doomed to repeat it"?

What is it about TO's past in SF, Philly, & now D, that you
don't understand.
What are you confused about concerning Garcia, McNabb, & now, Romo?
What can't you grasp about Hugh Douglas, & now Witten?

The guy has a track record a mile long.
Again, THIS IS WHAT HE DOES!

TO starts whining, which quickly spreads throughout the team,
usually aided & abetted by ENABLERS in the FO, & some fans!

Wake up! Because it's happenning again.

BTW- "Fool me once"..........etc etc:storm:
Well, u know the rest.