Video: The Movie Trailer thread

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
It should be depressing but also inspirational.
Moments after watching the trailer, they showed a commercial for it on TV. The last part of the commercial was a woman saying, "There'll be no violence against black people shown. We'll start and end on a joyous note."...or something very close to that. I don't have an eidetic memory.

I guess they were worried about reactions like mine keeping people away from the theaters.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Moments after watching the trailer, they showed a commercial for it on TV. The last part of the commercial was a woman saying, "There'll be no violence against black people shown. We'll start and end on a joyous note."...or something very close to that. I don't have an eidetic memory.

I guess they were worried about reactions like mine keeping people away from the theaters.
My expectations are that Till will track along the lines of Selma several years ago. In my opinion, it will likely not attract sizable box office but will be very critically well-received during awards season.

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
My expectations are that Till will track along the lines of Selma several years ago. In my opinion, it will likely not attract sizable box office but will be very critically well-received during awards season.
I wouldn't even speculate on box office. But unless the trailers are the absolute best parts of the movie, I'm sure you're right about it being critically acclaimed. In fact, as the trailer was ending, I was thinking it's going to be at the very least, nominated for an Oscar for Best Picture, and probably a couple of Best Actor/Supporting Actor nominees as well.

SlammedZero

Reaction score
I can’t get past the Chris Pratt voice casting as Mario.

Terrible idea.
:facepalm:
Yeah, that was an interesting choice that doesn't seem like a match. I'm willing to give it a chance, but as of the trailer, it feels like a fail. I need my Mario to have a cartoonish Italian accent, "It's a ME Mario!" :laugh:

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, that was an interesting choice that doesn't seem like a match. I'm willing to give it a chance, but as of the trailer, it feels like a fail. I need my Mario to have a cartoonish Italian accent, "It's a ME Mario!" :laugh:

I don’t know why they didn’t just use the real voice actor: