The nerve is officially firing***merged***

diefree666

Reaction score
I think it's is just an easy narrative to assign to poeple who disagree with a stance. Just because people don't like Romo, doesn't mean they'd rather lose than see him win. I'm sure there are a couple people like that, and I hope they get some help. But not enough to support the frequency of the accusation.

you really need to read some of those threads- the consistent hatred of Romo by some would curl your toes. By way, did you not claim there NONE like I described; now you are agreeing there are some?

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't think anybody is recommending using him as a 3 down RDE, that would absolutely be a waste of his talent. I think the suggestion is that he HAS the ability to rush the passer from a 3 point stance not that he SHOULD. It's just another point to his versatility.
If you wanted go in that direction you could develop him as a Leo. However I think people underestimate the coverage value LB's give in a zone scheme. Its why the Tampa 2 ilk valued Mikes and Wills so much. It also takes away from what he does best, and how he would best elevate our defense.

ksg811

Reaction score
If you wanted go in that direction you could develop him as a Leo. However I think people underestimate the coverage value LB's give in a zone scheme. Its why the Tampa 2 ilk valued Mikes and Wills so much. It also takes away from what he does best, and how he would best elevate our defense.

You won't get an argument from me on that. If the team is going to run the Tampa 2 successfully, that deep middle zone handled by the MIKE is going to be the key. His versatility however, would allow you to bring in another safety to cover that deep middle and allow Jaylon to rush. Not that I recommend it, but it's another wrinkle Rod could play with.

gmoney112

Reaction score
You won't get an argument from me on that. If the team is going to run the Tampa 2 successfully, that deep middle zone handled by the MIKE is going to be the key. His versatility however, would allow you to bring in another safety to cover that deep middle and allow Jaylon to rush. Not that I recommend it, but it's another wrinkle Rod could play with.

We don't play a Tampa 2. A piece of me dies everytime I see that.

Sydla

Reaction score
It's not just weight. Even assuming those reports are accurate, and hold when he start playing, that doesn't mean he can hold up on the edge. There are guys bigger than him who can't. I just don't see any reason we'd want to line this guy up at DE. He's a great off-ball LB with no experience playing DE in games.

I never said line him up as a regular to semi-regular DE.

TheFinisher

Reaction score
Based on the available information I'm guessing he had axonotmesis, which given he now can move the muscles on his own is wonderful news.

He'll re-gain 100% form, and it absolutely can happen by TC.

Pop the champagne

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
you really need to read some of those threads- the consistent hatred of Romo by some would curl your toes. By way, did you not claim there NONE like I described; now you are agreeing there are some?

I'm a big Romo fan. Short of someone telling me they'd rather lose than win with Romo, how do I even judge that? I'm sure there are all kinds of people out there--including some who would rather be right than watch their football team win. But I still don't think the narrative is justified. It's just an easy thing to say to discredit the messenger. I bet that number is beyond tiny. I haven't seen evidence of any on this forum.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
In fairness, he wasn't asked to blitz a whole lot at ND.

I have little doubt he could be a very good pass rusher if blitzed a lot (which in fairness we don't do) or was a 3-4 rush end like a Von Miller.

How much bigger is Von Miller? Is he 20 lbs heavier and taller? Did Von Miller plar DE in college. Really don't know that much about him.

ConceptCoop

Reaction score
I never said line him up as a regular to semi-regular DE.

Fair enough. I likely wrongly assumed that, then. My bad if so. I just think we should, and will, let our off ball, in space LB play off ball and in space.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
Hes also very MIA from this thread, and on my ignore list. Trust me, your life feels a whole lot better when you do that.

I enjoy him coming unhinged when it comes to Dez. Now I'm going to watch him come unglued when Jaylon is on the field lol. This is gonna be great :laugh:

AzorAhai

Reaction score
He can read the thread too. I imagine he is gnashing his teeth right now.
Lol
giphy.gif