The nerve is officially firing***merged***

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
Again, there is no increased risk when playing him with possibly a slight peroneal palsy. Neither the nerve, knee, leg, foot, or toes are in any jeopardy.

BTW, the peroneal nerve controls dorsiflexion of the foot and toes; therefore, the toes don't regain strength and function before the more proximal innervation of the foot does. Again, this has nothing to do with his push-off strength and function, which is approximately 90% of his leg work.

His mindset and work ethic have been exemplary. He'll be worth the pick this year, even as he learns the system; he'll exceed it in 2018.
Always good to hear from the Doc.. Clearly this means his drop foot is nearly gone as the progress gets to the toes?

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
tumblr_mbv4c62wgu1rhx82io1_500.jpg

canters

Reaction score
Renowned orthopedic physician Dr. Jerry Jones is right again!

okstateCowboy

Reaction score
If his nerve just now started firing, how has he been running/cutting without a brace for the past couple weeks?

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
How much bigger is Von Miller? Is he 20 lbs heavier and taller? Did Von Miller plar DE in college. Really don't know that much about him.
Smith: 6'2, 240, 33" arms, 9-1/2" hands
Miller: 6'2-1/2", 250, 33-1/2" arms, 9-1/4" hands

Last edited:

gmoney112

Reaction score
If his nerve just now started firing, how has he been running/cutting without a brace for the past couple weeks?

He was probably still wearing it.

But it's a gradual thing, it could have fired a while back but the toes just now got movement.

Anywho, toes are a good sign. I know Doc made a post, but I'm still waiting on my PT buddy. I'm pretty sure this means he's going to be good to go this season tho