The nerve is officially firing***merged***

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
Likes all around to everyone who claimed Jerry has Jedi-like mind skills; he (Jerry) may actually be willing Jaylon's piggies to move. Now the question is: Is Jerry a Jedi or is he from the dark side?

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
Smith: 6'2, 240, 33" arms, 9-1/2" hands
Miller: 6'2-1/2", 250, 33-1/2" arms, 9-1/4" hands

Thanks X, very similar and Jaylon looks like he's gained some Lbs too. Not that I want to see him as a FT DE, but he could reek havoc off the edge from time to time. Like everyone else, excited to see the kid play, I'll bet he really missed the game during the last year.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Hes also very MIA from this thread, and on my ignore list. Trust me, your life feels a whole lot better when you do that.

Weird though, in 20 years of posting, never put anyone on my ignore list.

People still hate on Ali, I don't care. He was the greatest, and he told us. Say something stupid, no reason to not point it out.....but doing that alot is kinda pointless.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Thanks X, very similar and Jaylon looks like he's gained some Lbs too. Not that I want to see him as a FT DE, but he could reek havoc off the edge from time to time. Like everyone else, excited to see the kid play, I'll bet he really missed the game during the last year.

From time to time is the best quote, at least this season don't think he can do it.....but from time to time, he could bring it.

Love to have an edge guy, but thats like finding a pink unicorn.

Reaction score
You do realize that he had 4.5 sacks in 3 seasons, right? Showing highlights that have the first 2 minutes of it as practice footage doesn't prove what you think it does.

Smith's value is as a 3 down linebacker who works well in space, not as a pass rusher. War daddy, he isn't.

How ND used him and how we might use him is not necessarily the same. Not saying he's Von Miller, but I think your own two eyes tell you he can come off the edge or blitz through the middle better than anyone on this roster not named David Irving or Sean Lee.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
I always wondered what a defense would look like with Brian Urlacher and Derrick Brooks playing together. We may get to see the closest thing to that.

Don't know how to find Brooks, but the closest to Urlacher is playing for the Panthers right now.

Unless you want to bring Mr. Mike Singletary out of retirement.

Doc50

Original Fan
Reaction score
Always good to hear from the Doc.. Clearly this means his drop foot is nearly gone as the progress gets to the toes?

Correct. And this has been gradually progressing over the past several months.

The use of the term "firing" is misleading at best. Re-innervation is a gradual process whose progress is marked by subtle changes over time.
We seldom use that term in the profession because it connotes a sense of all-or-nothing, as if today there's no spark but tomorrow suddenly there it is.

So, no one who is now splitting hairs over when it started reacting can answer that question in a practical fashion.
It has occurred so slowly that JS would not have experienced a "switched-on" moment, though he may he logged the day he first began to raise his foot, toes, etc.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score

The use of the term "firing" is misleading at best. Re-innervation is a gradual process whose progress is marked by subtle changes over time.
We seldom use that term in the profession because it connotes a sense of all-or-nothing, as if today there's no spark but tomorrow suddenly there it is.

So, no one who is now splitting hairs over when it started reacting can answer that question in a practical fashion.
It has occurred so slowly that JS would not have experienced a "switched-on" moment, though he may he logged the day he first began to raise his foot, toes, etc.
Thanks, Doc. Always.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Jaylon was in this draft and 100% healthy, I would rank him as 2nd best pass rusher. These pass rushers can't touch his physical ability.

I wouldn't play him at DE, because his upside is so high at LB, but he could easily play DE on 3rd down.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score

You've mentioned that this type of palsy only effects his ability to lift up his foot. Beyond that his power and driving off the foot isn't effected. But why are people in the media saying he's finally started to get a feeling in his foot/toes? The way you say it doesn't seem to match up to that issue, unless the media is overblowing a small aspect of the recovery or misquoting the team