Sticky: ***The official Cowboys meet with (insert player's name here) Thread***

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
- Josh Sweat of Florida State has built a lot of momentum for himself off his terrific combine workout. Despite the fact that he was a great athlete entering college, several teams were surprised by his performance today. His numbers included 4.53 in the 40, 39.5 inches in the vertical jump, 10-feet-4-inches in the broad jump and a short shuttle of 4.28. I’m told Sweat is expected to participate in extensive coverage drills during Florida State's pro day on March 20, which could solidify him as a top-60 pick. The teams presently the most interested in Sweat include the New York Jets, Carolina Panthers, San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys.

http://draftanalyst.com/combine-notes-day-6

RS12

Reaction score
Josh Sweat of Florida State has built a lot of momentum for himself off his terrific combine workout. Despite the fact that he was a great athlete entering college, several teams were surprised by his performance today. His numbers included 4.53 in the 40, 39.5 inches in the vertical jump, 10-feet-4-inches in the broad jump and a short shuttle of 4.28. I’m told Sweat is expected to participate in extensive coverage drills during Florida State's pro day on March 20, which could solidify him as a top-60 pick. The teams presently the most interested in Sweat include the New York Jets, Carolina Panthers, San Francisco 49ers and Dallas Cowboys.

http://draftanalyst.com/combine-notes-day-6

BrAinPaiNt

Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Guys,

Let's keep this thread about tweets, links or reports about players that Dallas has met with.

That's why it is a sticky thread. Let's leave out the arguments, personal evaluations, jokes and any thing else that is not a post about posting info. To a player Dallas has met with otherwise your post will likely be deleted.

We want to keep this thread clean.

Thanks.

cowboyec

Reaction score
Cowboys Combine Interviews:
Isaiah Wynn,OG-Georgia
Brandon Parker,OT-NC A&T
Nyheim Hines,RB-NC St
DJ Moore,WR-Maryland
Calvin Ridley,WR-Alabama
Courtland Sutton,WR-SmU
Christian Kirk,WR-Texas A&M
DJ Chark,WR-Lsu
Deon Cain,WR-Clemson
EQ St.Brown,WR-Notre Dame
Dallas Goedert,TE-SD State
Hayden Hurst,TE-South Carolina
Josh Sweat,DE-Fsu
Josey Jewell,LB-Iowa
Jesse Bates,S-W.F.
Tavarus McFadden,CB-Fsu

Senior Bowl Interviews of Note:
Will Hernandez,OG-Utep
Marcus Davenport,DE-Utsa
Ogbonnia Okoronkwo,LB-Ou
James Washington,WR-OsU
DaeSean Hamilton,WR-Penn St
Cedrick Wilson,WR-Boise St

Last edited:

RS12

Reaction score
Western Kentucky transfer T.J. McCollum, another linebacker with next level potential as a back-up/special teams player, also had a solid outing. After measuring 6-feet-1.5-inches and 236 pounds, he timed 4.75s in the forty, 7.1s in the three cone and 4.4s in the short shuttle. McCollum was able to reach 34 inches in the vertical jump and 9-foot—inches in the broad jump.

McCollum met with the Dallas Cowboys today.

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-march-6-purdue-georgia-state

Alexander

Reaction score
Marshall

There were about 16 teams on hand for the Marshall including Raleigh McKenzie of the Oakland Raiders. Several teams who wanted to see quarterback Chase Litton throw were unable to travel to West Virginia due to the nor’easter barreling down the east coast.

Litton threw a scripted workout of 75 passes and only three hit the ground. He’s is receiving a lot of interest from the Dallas Cowboys, Washington Reskins, New England Patriots and Cleveland Browns.

http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-march-7-alabamacoloradocolorado-state

RS12

Reaction score
Litton, this big guy with a big arm who moves exceptionally well and challenges defenses downfield, is embracing the task of matching passing wits with the combine “apples” and convincing teams he has matured. That he is not stuck in his mistakes but more seasoned and assured because of them.

”Can we trust him?” Litton asks in referencing the question some NFL teams will ask. “Oh yeah, they can. I love football. I love the entire process. I love five-hour film sessions. I love the work. I’m growing in this game. I’m ready to put it all together for the future.”

His past includes a merchandise robbery with high school football teammates when he was 16, an incident involving nude photos of his then-girlfriend when he was 18, and a failed marijuana test during his sophomore year at Marshall.

The incident with the nude photos occurred in 2014 when a friend posted the images of Litton and his former girlfriend on social media. The victim’s family filed a bullying report.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/3/2/17070930/nfl-draft-2018-chase-litton-qb-marshall-past-incidents

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Guys,

Let's keep this thread about tweets, links or reports about players that Dallas has met with.

That's why it is a sticky thread. Let's leave out the arguments, personal evaluations, jokes and any thing else that is not a post about posting info. To a player Dallas has met with otherwise your post will likely be deleted.

We want to keep this thread clean.

Thanks.

Alexander

Reaction score

All I can say is that they better not be even considering this player at #19. And with the lack of talent in the OT class, he is not likely to make it to #50.

Alexander

Reaction score
http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-march-16-nevada-central-michigan-oregon-state

Grand Valley State

Twelve teams were on hand for GVSU pro-day. Receiver Brandon Bean and tight end Nick Keizer were the highlights.

Bean, graded as a free agent prospect before the season, measured 6005 (though he’s been measured at 6-feet-1.5-inches in the past) and 212 pounds. He timed in the low 4.6’s in the forty, 4.25s in the short shuttle and 6.9s in the 3 cone. His vertical jump was 35.5 inches Teams like Bean’s special teams potential as much as his receiving ability.

Bean met with the Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions and Denver Broncos.

RS12

Reaction score

All I can say is that they better not be even considering this player at #19. And with the lack of talent in the OT class, he is not likely to make it to #50.

Exactly, I see him in 30-40 range and only because it isnt a great OT class. And he certainly isnt built like a RT.

RS12

Reaction score
http://draftanalyst.com/pro-day-march-16-nevada-central-michigan-oregon-state

Grand Valley State

Twelve teams were on hand for GVSU pro-day. Receiver Brandon Bean and tight end Nick Keizer were the highlights.

Bean, graded as a free agent prospect before the season, measured 6005 (though he’s been measured at 6-feet-1.5-inches in the past) and 212 pounds. He timed in the low 4.6’s in the forty, 4.25s in the short shuttle and 6.9s in the 3 cone. His vertical jump was 35.5 inches Teams like Bean’s special teams potential as much as his receiving ability.

Bean met with the Dallas Cowboys, Detroit Lions and Denver Broncos.
7th to UDFA territory.

cowboyec

Reaction score

very interesting.
are they considering playing him inside at OG or moving Collins inside?
19 is to high so are they considering trading back?.....or up from 50??
Also interesting he is the first OL of the official 30...not Wynn or Hernandez.