Sticky: The official Dak sucks thread

Trajan

Reaction score
Dak has a $60mil cap hit this year. He is sadly coming back, unless the Jones boys want to eat a huge chunk of $$$$$.

Surfguy

Reaction score
If we had a first round pick and a top QB talent was available to draft, I would hope we would pull the trigger. But, we will probably draft a WR instead.

Boysdaboys

Reaction score
OT, kinda. Dak didn't have receivers open by 20 yards. Love did. That makes a huge difference.

Which brings me to my next question. Do ya'll think Love is the real deal. Or, a flash in the pan?

Mannix

Reaction score
Even that rookie guido QB for the Giants knew how to get rid of the ball when pressured at AT&T....Dork in year 8 holds onto it for the sack causing us to give up possible points....he really is a mental midget.

Trajan

Reaction score
Why can GB who just smoked us take dang near a similar cap hit but we can’t? I’m not trying to be funny but folks keep repeating this like it’s impossible to do.
Oh we could, I just can’t see Jerry doing it. Would be a big ego hit to admit he wanted so much time / money on Dak.

I think Jerry would rather keep being a good 10 win team and never go anywhere in the playoffs then take a down season to rebuild. He can make it appear we are a quality team and sell Dak garbage stats.

basel90

Reaction score
When I said years ago go get stafford at 22 million a year , Dak lovers laughed it off .
heck gaapolo or baker mayfield or geoff or even fa qb from the draft lIke hurts or Purdy would have been way better .
jerry whiffed and got stubborn.

not to mention the GOAT Brady was available after leaving the patriotd , and he cost half what Dak cost .

the answers and options were there …

basel90

Reaction score
Dak to his credit just said any coaching change should also be about him .

Kwyn

Reaction score
I’m fine with moving on if there’s a rational way to do it.

Just cutting him is stupid and unrealistic in any universe other than the Zone.

Trade requires him to waive his no trade.

There’s not an easy way out of this.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
You can cut him and save 18 mil. Which kinda leaves you just with lance.

Or you keep him restructure some contracts. Draft some linebackers who can stop the run and run it back.

Difference is it’s an open competition between him and lance this year.

If dak is unhappy and doesn’t want to play and holds out for an extension… oh well. Let him sit there and not play.

What you cannot do is extend him. In no way shape or form. If he goes out next year under a new regime wins you a SB and commands 70 mil after …. So be it.

Kwyn

Reaction score
If you haven’t watched Dak’s post game you should.

He took complete ownership. Said “I sucked” and that if the team considers moving on from McCarthy, there’s no reason why they shouldn’t also consider moving on from him. He wasn’t saying keep him or else. He was simply saying that he is to blame as well.

He was horrid today but he didn’t try to sugar coat it or avoid responsibility. Not that it should make anyone feel different about the decisions to be made but at least he owned it.

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score
at this point if a miracle happened and they win the sb w dak, I wouldnt love the sb win as much as I can. I feel bitter about these last few years at this point

BoysForLife

Reaction score
If you haven’t watched Dak’s post game you should.

He took complete ownership. Said “I sucked” and that if the team considers moving on from McCarthy, there’s no reason why they shouldn’t also consider moving on from him. He wasn’t saying keep him or else. He was simply saying that he is to blame as well.

He was horrid today but he didn’t try to sugar coat it or avoid responsibility. Not that it should make anyone feel different about the decisions to be made but at least he owned it.
All this means is, he's exhausted his supply of meaningless platitudes

Unless he retracts his demand for a record setting contract, it's all empty talk

Philmonroe

Reaction score
I’m fine with moving on if there’s a rational way to do it.

Just cutting him is stupid and unrealistic in any universe other than the Zone.

Trade requires him to waive his no trade.

There’s not an easy way out of this.
Nah you don’t really want to move on. When you and people in general start needing this allllllllll planned out bs this is a sign you’re not about that action tbh. Truth is you know this isn’t working so that alone is enough to move on and deal with the other stuff later. This isn’t some Einstein level stuff we’re talking about. We won’t be as good short term but this outcome every year isn’t working either. To achieve greatness, start where you are, use what you have, do what you can aka get rid of Dak and figure the rest out later. Honestly most of have some idea what it will be already esp in the short term just some are too chicken stuff to do it.